New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do in Oklahoma City?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So I have a few days to kill between shows and I'm in Oklahoma City. Is there any good gun stores/pawn shops that I need to visit, or anything else to do. If I'd of thought ahead, I would have brought a rifle and found a place to hunt some pigs.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe's Crab Shack
OK City Memorial
Beings how you are unarmed
thats probably all I should say...

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
130 miles to Will Rogers museum.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in Stillwater, about an hour north of OKC. If you would like to borrow a rifle let me know.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ravenr, I didn't say I was unarmed. I said I didn't think to bring a rifle Wink Thanks JA, Do you have any hogs around your place. I was told about a place called the Chain Ranch for hogs, but when I called this morning I didn't get an answer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a place near Pawnee which is 30 minutes north east of me or 90 minutes from OKC. I have not been there so I don't know much about it. I have been to the Chain Ranch but it's been years ago. The Chain is west of the town of Canton. Canton is about an hour and a half west of me. There are quite a few places down along the Red River that are free range both in Texas and Oklahoma but I don't know if you want to travel that far. If you find a place to hunt my offer for a rifle is open.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In that case....
do you want to know
about the cat houses and gamblin dens
rough pool halls.
Or shoot a dang ole' hog?

Just kidding, have fun and post
some dead hog pics

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks JA, I'll figure things out tomorrow. If I get something lined up I'll let you know.

Ravenr, I'd rather shoot a hog than get in trouble. Are there any good gunshops around this town?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cringe when I say this and will deny
saying if the wife looks over my shoulder.
"had all the guns I needed when i was there"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The gun shops I know of are H&H gun range, Outdoor America and Bass Pro. I will be working in the field today but if you PM me my phone will alert me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a couple of spots to visit:

H & H Gun Range (indoor ranges and tons of guns)
400 S. Vermont
Oklahoma City 73108

Bass Pro in Downtown Oklahoma City

You'll want to visit Bricktown while your at Bass Pro. There are a bunch of great restaurants within walking distance including Toby Keith's I love that Bar and Grill.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.

Posts: 383 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Not much, but + for Bricktown and Bass Pro(if you have not been to one).

You might also want to stop by the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum:
http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy that does striper fishing trips and hog hunts on lake Texoma. This generally is a great time to do both up there. He normally runs an airboat up the river from the main lake and hunts some land that you must have an airboat to get get to. Been a few years since I was there, but last time I saw some massive hogs.
Give me a call or pm me for his contact info.

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alex, what's your buddies name? I met a couple Striper guides that work Lake Texoma at last weeks show in Tulsa.

I'm still kind of pissed about that show. I bought 7 rods and 2 reels. I walked away from my booth for just a minute and they disappeared.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man that sucks! I've had similar experiences at outdoor shows where things grow legs and walk off with out you.

Tim Hall is the guy’s name. Good solid guy. Spent a good bit of time up hunting and fishing with him back when I was full time in Texas. Sent you a PM with his contact info. He does waterfowl, deer, and hog hunts and is a striper guide as well.

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die

"Men don't change. The only thing that should surprise a man in his life is the history he doesn't know." Harry Truman

Posts: 451 | Location: West Coast of Florida | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
What about the National Cowboy Hall of Fame. They have a pretty good gun collection there.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stopped by H&H guns. It was less than a half mile from my hotel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
.......drive South 3 hrs to Dallas/Ft. Worth. Cool Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote