New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho Moose
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There are six leftover tags for antlered Moose available if you apply before June 25th.

Posts: 420 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 08 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Are they for a specific area?

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eeker Is that a first? We used to have moose here in Wyoming, but some areas have reduced tags to 0 or one or two tags. Since the populations have dropped or nearly vanished in some areas. No one knows why either. The drought or aliens I suspect! Roll Eyes

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There always seems to be a few leftover tags for Moose here, mainly where it's pretty rough country. These are in units 12 and 17 on the Lochsa and Selway rivers, going uphill to the continental divide / Montana line. The tags are for specific management units, so best go to the Id F&G website. There are two each in three management units.
If you go, take a camera!

Posts: 420 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 08 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Un believeable!
I've been trying to draw a Moose tag in Colorado since 1987 and no luck of any kind not even a 4th choice cow tag and then I hear that Idaho has 6 leftover Bull tags!

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in Idaho County and I am not putting in for them. Our moose herd has been turned into wolf turds. The country the tags are in is some of the roughest and thickest I have ever even heard about let alone seen (also hard to access). Just because Fish and game sells tags doesnt mean anything. If people were dumb enough to buy them they would sell Elephant tags as well. There is your public service warning. Do what you want.