New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolf Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would love to hunt a big timber wolf of the north country. Are there any outfitters that guide successful wolf hunts? Do they allow baiting? What kind of cost are involved and where would be the best place to go?

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Google Trepus and Wolf.

He's in BC, not sure if he guides wolf hunts or just trapline hunts. Either way is a pretty good way to get a wolf.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Deadwood Outfitters in Idaho offers wolf hunts for 3000. They are a very fine outfit-I have been to the lodge in the summer but have not hunted wolves. Just google them up.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3000 is a little bit much for my price range. Is there anyone out there who could guide me on a wolf/merriam turkey hunt this spring?

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Hit the traplines, most of the trappers are doing a trap line experience for about $2000-3000.

Alberta, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, BC, Alaska, Yukon, NWT, Quebec, and probably a few others have wolf hunts.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you really want to shoot a wolf think canada Look at the numbers killed in the lower 48 the odds are really slim that you will kill one there.

Posts: 19374 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did 7 cougar/lynx hunts this year and two of my hunters saw wolves and both missed. There are some outfitters that provide wolf hunting/trapline trips but the good guys are charging up to $5000.00
Try Babine guide outfitters as they do really well on wolves.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What does a trapline hunt consist of?

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Usually you are following on a snow machine on the trappers line.

Sometimes the wolf is dead when you get there because it strangled itself on the snare, sometimes it is in a foot hold.

If it is a by catch you can let it go (porkipine, bear or deer). Or in the case of a live wolf, lynx, coyote, fox, martin, fisher (not in Alaska), or wolverine shoot or strangle it with the snare.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozultra:
What does a trapline hunt consist of?

You travel around with a snowmachine, baiting ang checking traps. the hunter usually gets one of each species caught and in Babines case you get two wolves as well. You will also stay in outposts cabins watching an active bait on a lake. If you are interested give them a call.

I do wolf only hunts as well but but success is
not great, I use calling, and baiting as well as trying to intercept them on travel corridors.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote