THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Va. student mistaken for deer, shot to death

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Va. student mistaken for deer, shot to death
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Officials in Virginia say a college student was shot to death while collecting frogs for biology class by a hunter who mistook her and her classmates for deer.

A Ferrum College spokeswoman says three students were collecting frogs Tuesday afternoon along a trail a mile west of campus.

The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries says 23-year-old Jessica Goode was shot and killed and 20-year-old Regis J. Boudinot was shot in the hand. The third student wasn't hurt.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/...a100210S56.DTL&tsp=1

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely no excuse. The hunter (bah! he should not be allowed to be referred to by such an honorable designation) should be tried for manslaughter. What a tragedy, my heart goes out to the parents of the girl.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1,000,000

This guy should lose his right to hunt for life...I bet this guy even passed hunter safety.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MThuntr:
+1,000,000

This guy should lose his right to hunt for life...I bet this guy even passed hunter safety.

Most hunter safety classes are nothing. A few hours in a classroom learning game laws. Pass the written test and off you go.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think manslaughter is too easy.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have crap like this around here all the time.
Folks down the road had 2 bullets hit their house, 3rd bullet killed their horse next to the house.

The neighbors goat was shot while on the leash.

My friends down the road had bullets hitting their house in the middle of the night. Spotlighters(illegal) shooting at deer on a ridge.

I've been shot at(I think) once in unbelievabley thick fog. Hit the trees above me, I was investigating a potential poacher on my property.

I've had bullets hit the tree tops next to my house.