Notify
Tools

I will be in Phoenix soon...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted
Hi guys,

I will be in Phoenix from tomorrow to the 21st. Will stay in Sheraton Grand Phoenix. Please recommend to me any good restaurants, pubs, places with good meal and beer or what ever there (water park, museum, shooting range). I am not sure now if I will rent a car or not, so if possible, in close distance (walk, public transportation, taxi...).

If anybody of you want to have a beer with me there, I will appreciate it.

Jiri

Posts: 2099 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, let's get a beer! Want to do some shooting too?

Get ready for the heat!!

Sheraton is downtown; you can walk to a bunch of restaurants.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I am not ready for the heat. I am fat and lazy Big Grin

BTW friend from Oregon (hunter too) will arrive 18th, so if some shooting possible, it will be fine. But just a beer is good too. I don't like to overcomplicate the things. If it is easy, why not.

17th to 19th is a exhibition I am there for, so will be a little bit busy.

Cheers,
Jiri

Posts: 2099 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot you a PM

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’ll be in Tombstone 19-22
Local brewery that is

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jiri:

You going anywhere else in the US while over here?

Have a great visit, and be prepared for the HEAT!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Hi guys,

I will be in Phoenix from tomorrow to the 21st. Will stay in Sheraton Grand Phoenix. Please recommend to me any good restaurants, pubs, places with good meal and beer or what ever there (water park, museum, shooting range). I am not sure now if I will rent a car or not, so if possible, in close distance (walk, public transportation, taxi...).

If anybody of you want to have a beer with me there, I will appreciate it.

Jiri

One thing I liked in Phoenix was the Desert Botanical Garden:

https://www.dbg.org/

I don't know if you have made numerous previous trips to the Southwest USA, but maybe try some Mexican food. Believe me, what they attempt to pass as Mexican food in Europe is miles away from the reality. I don't know what's available in Phoenix, but the Canyon Cafe and Mi Amigo Mexican Grill are close to your hotel.

Go to Dillon Precision in Scottsdale?

https://www.dillonprecision.com/

Go to the Scottsdale Gun Club and shoot some pistols you've never tried before?

https://scottsdalegunclub.com/

If you want to watch a soccer World Cup match at a bar, there is a Hooters Downtown Phoenix walking distance from the hotel.

Lastly, if you didn't rent a car then use the Uber app, very convenient.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Isn’t SCI headquartered there? Do they have a museum or trophy room?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
SCI is in Tuscon. That is a ways away.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to the Scottsdale Gun Club and shoot some pistols you've never tried before?https://scottsdalegunclub.com/

I would recommend it also. Been there and shot there

The fact that it is own by a cousin of mine has nothing to do with the recommendation.

Posts: 19444 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Met with Jiri yesterday; we had a lot of fun. Started off in my reloading room talking about guns and loading. Then we went to the Phoenix Rod and Club and shot one of my .223s at 300 yards, then moved to the 200 yard line. Shot more .223, then shot my .416 Rem with hard cast bullets.

We brought my LabRadar to the range and he showed me that if I downloaded the newest firmware I can get the results shown on my iPhone...I need to get that done.

Then went back to my house, had some beers sitting next to the pool, then had bouillabaisse made with shrimp and scallops.

Reminds me of the time I met Bakes (Tony) via an AR post the last time I was in Australia. Plan on meeting with him next month when I travel back to OZ.

AR is a wonderful way to meet new people.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I have to say thank you to AnotherAZWriter for a great time we spend together. I am happy I had an oportunity to meet with him.

John, please tell to your wife that the meal was really good, not too spicy as you told herWink

Jiri

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
georgeld:

I will leave 21st to Portland, have some friends there. Some shooting, bbq etc. thereSmiler

Jiri

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
boarkiller:

Hi Milan,

It is not so close to Phoenix. Tomas (you met him with Vlada I think) will arrive 18th evening here, so maybe we will do a trip to aircraft museum near Tucson and from this place it is not so far to Tombstone.

Jiri

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to say thank you to AnotherAZWriter for a great time we spend together. I am happy I had an oportunity to meet with him.

John, please tell to your wife that the meal was really good, not too spicy as you told herWink

Jiri

You are welcome my friend. She had a 5:20 am flight this morning; we were both up pretty early so I could take her to the airport. I had my 4 mile run done by 5:30!

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
boarkiller:

Hi Milan,

It is not so close to Phoenix. Tomas (you met him with Vlada I think) will arrive 18th evening here, so maybe we will do a trip to aircraft museum near Tucson and from this place it is not so far to Tombstone.

Jiri

Jasne

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote