New
Find
Notify
Tools

Minnesota Deer Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did anyone else here hunt deer in Minnesota this year and come away asking yourself what in the hell happened to all of the deer and deer hunters?

KJK

Posts: 688 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a spike buck for meat; only deer I saw but only the second year I hunted that particular place. S&S meats in Grand Rapids had him ready to go in three days and I flew home with a cooler of steaks, ground, and sausage.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deer hunting has been really good in KY.

4 year old bucks have come off our lease. One guy who has cancer did kill a 3 year old. A 160 plus inch monster was missed during second week of bow. The processor used by the main Western Counties where our lease is did not have any small deer.

Locals hunting in W KY have all killed older, big deer. Not one small deer 2 year and younger came in the first week of rifle season.

Eastern KY has not and never is as good, but good bucks have fell from my home county to Pike.

I do not know about the Outer and Inner Bluegrass to N. KY.

Every evening on my way home from work, I have had to brake for bucks chasing does.

Posts: 11665 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kolo-Pan:
Did anyone else here hunt deer in Minnesota this year and come away asking yourself what in the hell happened to all of the deer and deer hunters?

Wolves in Northern MN.

Posts: 19497 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Wolves in Northern MN.

Wolves being in N. MN, they will be all over MN soon I suspect.

Posts: 11665 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
Shoot, shovel, shut up.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I am glad I don't have wolves where I live.

~Ann

Posts: 19432 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It gives me great joy to know there are wolves running around Minnesota. I just wish they would leave our deer alone.

KJK

Posts: 688 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It gives me great joy to know there are wolves running around Minnesota. I just wish they would leave our deer alone.

Can't have a lot of both.

Posts: 19497 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote