Find
Notify
Tools

Boar hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
My youngest son has gotten it in his head that he wants to hunt wild boar. I wouldn't mind myself. Anyone have recommendations for a not too expensive hunt?

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
This looks good for you...and proven kid-friendly.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...3411043/m/9831046451

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks! (like your signature line too)

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of good places in Texas. Some wouldn't be too bad a drive for you either. Where do you want to go?

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Somewhere I can drive to in a long day, so Texas, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska ... Something pretty reasonable too, since I booked a brown bear hunt this year and the wife won't go for another expensive trip.

Any reviews on Smith Ranch in Centerville, Texas?

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
You can check out our website, we have had a few hunters from Colorado coming down to hunt with us over the past couple of years, we are seeing lots of hogs right now.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a place we hunted back in 06. 15,000+ acre ranch. All the hogs you want to shoot, plus javelina and varmints.

www.lazyrhunts.com/

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
PM on the way.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any reviews on Smith Ranch in Centerville, Texas?

That's in the middle of pig heaven in Texas. But it's more than halfway from Dallas to Houston. There's places that would be closer and still have good hunting. I was thinking between Wichita Falls and Childress area and south from there.

Also check the pricing on where you're looking at. The Smith Ranch aint' cheap. But as I said, that's excellent pig country.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Yeah it's really too pricey, you're right LWD. I'm looking for something that's about $500 apiece that lets us shoot multiple hogs. My oldest is in the 3rd Ranger Battalion out of Fort Benning, so we may look into Georgia as well so all three of us could go hog hunting on a weekend.

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Chuck, is mid. Missouri to far?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend has hunted here several times and speaks very highly of it. Hunter's Creek Ranch It's very competitively priced too. But it's almost 2 hours east of Dallas.

LWD

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Thanks LWD!

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have a son at FT Benning, he needs to look into hunting the base. They have so many hogs on it that they actually pay a bounty. He can take guests hunting. Why pay $500 a day if you can do it on base for the cost of the license?

I hunt military bases all the time. Some of the best and least known opportunities in the country are on the bases.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
PM on the way.
Brian

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
CZ 550 500 Jeffery
Rem XCR II 375 Weatherby Magnum

These would be great choices for a Texas pig hunt.

LWD

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
That's what we plan to bring ...

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flags:
If you have a son at FT Benning, he needs to look into hunting the base. They have so many hogs on it that they actually pay a bounty. He can take guests hunting. Why pay $500 a day if you can do it on base for the cost of the license?

I hunt military bases all the time. Some of the best and least known opportunities in the country are on the bases.

I've checked into it, but my oldest son (3rd Ranger Battalion) really doesn't much time to set it up for us.

Regards,

Chuck