THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Easter Weekend European Boar Hunt in Idaho

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Easter Weekend European Boar Hunt in Idaho
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted
A buddy and I took our daughters to Idaho for a European boar hunt.

The girls are 10 and 12 years old respectively and they had a great time. Kiya shot a rifle for the first time last week and did a great job on her hunt. Both girls had one shot kills at about 75 yards on good boars.

Ally's was a real toad with great tusks.

This was a great hunt for the young hunters and alot of fun for the Dads as well.

Great to be out with the young ladies, they were grinning from ear to ear the entire weekend.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the young ladies!! It's great that you fellas are teaching your daughters to hunt.....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had no idea they had pigs up there. That's cool.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great story, you must be very proud, I can't wait until my are old enough to go hunting.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent work girls ! Smiler Now I hope they teach you to take it apart and cook it !

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
In the interest of full disclosure, the hunt took place on a hunting preserve that is perimeter fenced.

The hogs aren't dumb however, and we spent a lot of time stalking them and looking for good boars.

Fenced or not, it was a lot of fun for the girls and a great way to get them some more hunting experience.

My daughter is 12 and loves to hunt. She shot two cow elk last year and a nice whitetail buck and I wanted to give her a chance to do some hunting this spring. Hopefully we'll get out to look for a bear but she's busy as heck with a traveling volleyball team. This was the one weekend she has off until Memorial Day weekend.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Good job girls!!!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
What a great way to spend Easter! Bravo! Daughters are really special. Smiler

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gotta ask, where is this high fence pig hunt???

Posts: 193 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidnye:
gotta ask, where is this high fence pig hunt???

About five miles NE of Shoshone.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Well done Dad. Good on you for taking the girls out for a hunt. Thank goodness they have their mother's good looks and none of their father's. Wink

What are you going to do when yours wants to shoot a leopard and a buffalo like her daddy?

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What was the price? Ron

Posts: 987 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
great hunt, the girls really look like they enjoyed themselves!

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A resounding "Weidmannsheil" to the skillful hunters! Way to go girls!

To the "Dads": many congratulations on being able to share the outdoor experience with your loved ones!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Well done Dad. Good on you for taking the girls out for a hunt. Thank goodness they have their mother's good looks and none of their father's. Wink

What are you going to do when yours wants to shoot a leopard and a buffalo like her daddy?

I'm with you on Ally getting her looks from her mother. I'm pretty sure they're happy about that too!

Re: leopard and buffalo: too late, Ally has already been asking when is it her turn!

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Ron:
What was the price? Ron

$ 375 per pig. The area isn't huge, probably about a section with lots of tall sage brush and a few creeks running through it.

It is actually pretty challenging to shoot a big boar. If you wanted to just shoot any pig it would be fairly easy.

I hunted with my bow a couple years ago and it was a lot of fun and fairly challenging to get into bow range of a big boar.

They get hunted enough so they are pretty wary. They smell you or catch you moving, they are gone, and quickly.

The girls loved it and I loved spending the time with them doing it.

Of course we had lots of swimming at the hotel and good food as well.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Girl! Thanks for sharing!

Dads, I think y'all did a great job!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
That's awesome!

Drummond,

Ally is the lucky oryx tag holder. We got hooked up with Shannon Owen, should be fun.

Thanks for all your help in that regard.

Chris

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishN4Eyes:
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
That's awesome!

Drummond,

Ally is the lucky oryx tag holder. We got hooked up with Shannon Owen, should be fun.

Thanks for all your help in that regard.

Chris

You bet bud! I've been meaning to call but had a funeral I had to attend in TX thats taken the majority of my time over the past 2 weeks. I'll holler at you later...

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!!!! tu2

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wonderful stuff. Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy taking my 15 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy hunting - for the last 5 years or so. I am taking them for their first duck hunt in 9 days time!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11250 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of oakman
posted Hide Post
Went down there about 5 yrs ago and there were tusker everywhere and a group of 5 shot some great boars with the bow and went back again the yr later with 20 guys and the boar size had dropped but a great time.Its something to do in the spring waiting for the snow to melt. It a fun time if you want some good hogs but the big tuskers are gone. Think you have to book a year out... patriot

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

Posts: 241 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 01 September 2008Reply With Quote