Find
Notify
Tools

NEED HELP!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I need a little help. Here's a link to the thread: https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8721043/m/514107396. Thanks

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Should you buy it? In my humble opinion, no. The fact that you ask such a question in the first place is an indication that can't (responsibly) afford it at this time.

It's a mass produced, off-the-shelf product that will still be available any time you're ready to buy. Marlin has made millions of leverguns and I'd be willing to bet that they'll keep right on making them.

All of us older farts have said "I wish I would have bought this or that when I had the chance." A popular, mass produced rifle will not be one of those things. The price is reasonable but it's not "too good to pass up."

Whenever I get the urge to splurge on something I always think of the old saying: "When in doubt, don't."

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigasanelk:
Should you buy it? In my humble opinion, no. The fact that you ask such a question in the first place is an indication that can't (responsibly) afford it at this time.

It's a mass produced, off-the-shelf product that will still be available any time you're ready to buy. Marlin has made millions of leverguns and I'd be willing to bet that they'll keep right on making them.

All of us older farts have said "I wish I would have bought this or that when I had the chance." A popular, mass produced rifle will not be one of those things. The price is reasonable but it's not "too good to pass up."

Whenever I get the urge to splurge on something I always think of the old saying: "When in doubt, don't."

Oh really? A popular off the shelf rifle will not be one of those things?

How about just about ANY pre-64 winchester that MANY of the older members on these forums regret NOT buying new?

Or the Sako V in 338Mag that I didn't buy
(for about HALF what the stock on it was worth)

You won't regret NOT buying a rifle until the price goes up or the manufacturer simply stops making it..... or goes out of buisness...

I regret NOT buying specific examples of several popular mass produced rifles.

though I regret several more exotic things even more...

And while I personally doubt that marlin is going to stop making the Cowboy 1895 they can easily CHANGE it and you might not like the newer version they come out with...

Mabey they'll change the checkering, or drop the octagonal barrel, but then again mabey they'll change it in a better way, say by making the receiver color case hardened instead of blue? or Color case barrel bands etc...

You don't know what tommorow will bring until it happens.

but guns you buy can always be sold. guns you don't buy are gone.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote