New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elk Hunting Success - CO & AZ
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just thought I would share pics of the two bulls I shot last month here in Colorado and Arizona.

I started my CO archery hunt on Sept. 15th, with some real excitement....passing a 350" bull at 6 yards just 15 minutes into the hunt. I had numerous opportunities at 320" - 340" bulls, but wasn't interested and then on day 3 I had the one I was looking for at 49 yards....a 6x7 that was roughly 385" - 390". He and the other bulls were so rut crazed that I could never get him to stop where I had a clear bow shot - and finally he just trotted off with the other bulls, chasing a hot cow. The 4th morning I looked for him again, but just couldn't find him. I did however run across the bull pictured below, and thought he was too good to pass at 46 yards. He's 364", and the other bull pictured is my buddy's bull from the same hunt - 392"!!! Colorado does in fact have big bulls! Smiler

My second hunt was slated for Arizona, starting on Sept. 30th with a rifle. We had a trail cam pic of the bull I took on the first day, but we honestly under judged him by a fair bit. I thought he was at maximum, 380". Turned out he was 402", a very pleasant surprise - and a 30 year desire to shoot a 400" bull had finally come true! He was the only bull I saw, but we hunted only one day - shooting him at sunset, no more than 80 yards away!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang Aaron,
That's a Hell of an Elk Season. Looks like just the one pic is up so far. Sounds like both hunts were just incredible

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on some real brutes!!!

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was just talking with Aaron on the phone and said the fifth point of his AZ elk looks damn near as long the 6th!! What a monster.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, really great looking bulls.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Aaron - those are great bulls!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Them, they were giants. Very nice bulls Aaron, very nice.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
As usual

Aaron, you get it done !!!

Congratulations on two awsome bulls

Both of those are "dream" bulls for 99.9% of the hunting world

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Incredible Aaron. Huge congrats.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Some truly monster Bulls!
Great job Aaron, Always like your trophy photos.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Well played, Sir!

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some damn fine bulls there! Congratulations.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1119 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Them some proper elk! dancing

Congrats!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done my friend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
WOW

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredibly impressive !
I can hear the siren's song of those 2 giants bugling .
Now, i'm going to grill Elk steaks this weekend and dream and reminise .

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote