THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What to do in Missoula MT in December?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do in Missoula MT in December?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents:

I have to travel to Missoula for business the week of Dec 11 - anything to do there if I stay over the weekend? I was there elk hunting in Sep (well, Selway). Fishing would be okay. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
I will give you a few more ideas when I have more time, but here's one for now;
http://www.montanasnowbowl.com/

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted Hide Post

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a good strip club w/ college women at the truckstop at I-90 & HWY 93 just past the airport a couple of miles. You can kill a day lookin' at huntin'/fishin' stuff off Reserve St. at Sportsman's Warehouse, Malfunction Junction has Sportman's Surplus, and Southgate Mall has Bob Wards. RMEF has their headquarters off of Reserve St. as well if ya like lookin' at elk. Finally, on your way to Lolo, Mt. just outside Msla. a couple of miles off 93 on the right there's Axman South/Missoula Pawnbrokers. They have a ^&*$load of used guns there that'll make you cry a decent prices. You'll hit it perfectly just before x-mas lookin' at guns. If that ain't enough, keep driving past Victor, Mt. and on the right where the big arrow is sticking out of the ground there's High Performance Gunsmithing/Kevin Knight's shop. He's very sociable and builds some impressive hunting rifles.

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot a few wolves if you get a chance. jumping

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
Is Reds Bar still around? It was my favorite watering hole in my college days. I used to hunt the slopes at SnowBowl, used to be a great elk hideout.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
The main office for Boone and Crockett is also there. Ruana Knives is across the freeway in Bonner.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I may just come home on that Friday and coyote hunt in AZ on the weekend.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted Hide Post
The Shack, or Pauls Pancake Parlor for breakfast. Check out Ruana knives. My son wanted a model they no longer make as a gift for me, they made ONE. Good guys and great knives.

There has to be some fishing in December. Hell, the worst fishing there is far better than the best here!

Enjoy.

Lee

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Gents:

I have to travel to Missoula for business the week of Dec 11 - anything to do there if I stay over the weekend? I was there elk hunting in Sep (well, Selway). Fishing would be okay. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last time I was there, went to a nice rifle shop in the shopping mall.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote