THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Wifezilla got her first deer (Daughter also, added)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wifezilla got her first deer (Daughter also, added)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
She shot a 2.5 year old, 8 point. Of course it ran 250 yards into thick woods with the lung shot and I had to search for about 3 hours to find it. Then I had to gut it and drag it 200 yards over fallen logs and dense brush. Then loaded it on the side by side and took it to the barn for skinning (again by myself). Since it was in the 60's today I took it straight to the processor instead of letting it hang for a few days. Last year the highs were in the 40's during the season.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to her, your a good husband.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wife tells me how good a deer hunter she is.

I pick the spot I tell her what way the deer well come from.

She fires the shot I do all the work.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

Exactly, I even loaded her rifle in the blind.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly, I even loaded her rifle in the blind.

Been there done that.

I can give her any of my rifles.

She doesn't care or know the differences

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just checked my cameras and got a photo of her deer a minute before she shot it and then photographed it running out of the other end of the pasture after being shot. You can just see some blood on the inside of the left leg.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the missus! Nice buck!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I also got a photo of a bigger racked 7 point watching her shoot the smaller 8 point. You can see the time stamps in the photos.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:

Sounds like she's smarter than you. Works smarter, not harder. (My wife's the same way)

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to her and a good job well done to you.

It's just what we do as men! That's why my wife and 4 daughters LOVE to hunt with me.

Thanks for sharing!
Zeke

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Well, I took the middle daughter out to her stand this morning and watched from my living room window as she shot this bigger 8 pointer.

Guess who got to clean this one also? Roll Eyes

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guess who got to clean this one also?

I feel your pain. old

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
What a good dad! Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must be racking up a pile of Brownie points by now Frank. Got a spendy purchase ahead you want to break gently to the missus ...... ?? Big Grin

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both hunters.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I saw a monster 10 point in the middle of my pasture at 4:00 PM yesterday, I was hoping that I caught him on my game cameras so I ran out and checked them today.

I didn't catch him but did get photos of other bucks in the middle of the day as the rut is going strong right now. This 8 pointer looks like he's had a tough breeding season so far.

Frank