Find
Notify
Tools

Sheep hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted
Got word a few days ago that I drew a desert sheep tag in Nevada!! dancing Any suggestions on outfitters and any other help would be much appreciated.

Posts: 171 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!!! Congratulations, SO jealous!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats and Good luck!

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, that is something to be very happy about. Best Of Luck on your hunt. tu2 tu2 beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Congrats,

How many points did you have?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post
Ugh I'm so jealous!!!!! That's my number 1 on the bucket list for North America. I wish you the best of luck and please share all the details so we can live vicariously through you!!!

Bar B Diamond Outfitters
Specializing in Free Range Aoudad Sheep hunts.
Also offering all Texas native game and many exotics.

Posts: 131 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MOA TACTICAL:
Congrats,

I don't know if I should make it public, but what the heck. 2 points.

Posts: 171 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mustang Outfitters, if they are still in business, had great success on sheep. Jim Stahl was the owner, a great guy, hunter, and guide.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post
Stay away from Lupe Giagos. My hunting partner got royaly screwed out of a once in a life time sheep hunt by him.

Posts: 215 | Location: colyfornnia | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, what a special tag. I drew several years ago and used Jim Stahl.He knows where the sheep are depending on the weather. Be IN SHAPE! What unit did you draw?

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
2 points, nice.

I'd wrather be lucky than good!

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryry4:
quote:
Originally posted by MOA TACTICAL:
Congrats,

I don't know if I should make it public, but what the heck. 2 points.

Brave of you to post that!
You know how many people are saying "why you, why you, shoulda been me!"
Luck of the draw, congratulations and good luck! Get in Sheep shape (best shape of your life)great shape doesn't mean put on a set of guns get in running, hiking, backpacking shape.
Would love to hear about your prep, scouting, etc..

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I would call Greg Krogh of Mogollon Rim Outfitters and see who he recommends. He doesn't do sheep hunts but he knows NV and can get you pointed in the right direction. He will be unbiased and honest. He's as good as they come

If you would like his number you can either google his name and outfit or PM me and I'll give it to you. Tell him Drummond told you to call.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Randy W Martin:
Congrats, what a special tag. I drew several years ago and used Jim Stahl.He knows where the sheep are depending on the weather. Be IN SHAPE! What unit did you draw?

I drew 283/284.

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Remember 99% of the people that cry about how many points you had have never applied.

Some people draw at 30, some never draw, and some draw the first time.

Good luck on your ram.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is Awesome!! Congrats!! Please keep us informed of your hunt.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RYRY4- I drew 161, Mt Jefferson, so don't know much about your area. If you are a member of the Huntn Fool, they work with outfitters on these draw tags and I have used them several times.It would be worth the $100/year membership, they give good advice. Good luck, I drew with 6 pts. Get in the best shape you can, you want to do everything you can to take advantage of this special tag.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good job on drawing a desert tag with only 2 points. Nick Perchetti from Timberline outfitters will be guiding a friend of mine in 283 this year. He will have plenty of scouting time in the area and would be a good guy to contact.
John Zenz with Vergils guide service always gets big sheep and is a great guy. He is guiding somebody the first week of the season but he would have good information for you.
The best is always Victor Trujillo and Roy Lerg from Borrego guide service. I know they are busy the first week also but they have a lot of contacts and information on the sheep in the area. Hopefully they will be available after the third day of the season since they are guiding me for the PIW Desert tag this year.

Good luck.

Posts: 88 | Location: Reno, NV | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SDR:
Good job on drawing a desert tag with only 2 points. Nick Perchetti from Timberline outfitters will be guiding a friend of mine in 283 this year. He will have plenty of scouting time in the area and would be a good guy to contact.
John Zenz with Vergils guide service always gets big sheep and is a great guy. He is guiding somebody the first week of the season but he would have good information for you.
The best is always Victor Trujillo and Roy Lerg from Borrego guide service. I know they are busy the first week also but they have a lot of contacts and information on the sheep in the area. Hopefully they will be available after the third day of the season since they are guiding me for the PIW Desert tag this year.

Good luck.

Good luck to you as well. I've talked to John, Victor and Roy. I hired Wayne Cronister, Roy and John recommended him. He's been in the area lots in the past. Here's hoping we can put it together come November.