New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would " YOU " take the shot - 5354
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You have access to a Plantation(Farm, Ranch, whatever) that raises livestock(cattle, horses, sheep, hogs, whatever). It is a large property of open pasture, crop fields and woods. Plenty of creeks cross the property and there are any good number of spring fed ponds.

The country around the old place is beginning to change because the Elders of the county are dieing off. Much of the land that was Hunted, tilled or reserved for livestock is being converted into pavement and houses. Many of the people moving into the county have never been in the "rural country" ever before. Even property donated to the county by the thoughtful Elders, specifically for a single use, such as a Park or Game Preserve is being traded away by the elected fools.

Coyotes are a problem for the livestock. You and others Hunt them year round.

As you are easing across the property with rifle in hand, you hear a commotion in a close-by field. So you move rapidly in that direction. Once you get where you can see the field, you notice five dogs(neighbourhood pets running loose) harassing the livestock. You even notice the bright Day-Glo collars attached by the loving owners to help protect their pets.

Do you begin Killing dogs?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope! If you happen to have a camera in your pack take pictures and let the owner know. Better yet, call him or a game warden on your cell immediately.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My land and my livestock they are dead as per state law. My access to someone else's land I hope I have a camera. Gianni.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about this. You are stalking through YOUR property when you come across the neighbor's cattle browsing down your trees (some of which cost good money to plant, some of which cost good money to buy with the land that came under them). They are also trampling the one spring hole you have on your property.

You even notice that these are the exact same cattle (including a breeding bull) that you found on the property three other times when some fencing was conveniently "broken" by mysterious and unidentified forces on the "left half" of the fence or when chained gates were mysteriously pushed open.

Do you start making T-bones?

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote