Find
Notify
Tools

Labor Day Weekend Plans
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted
I usually head up into the high country & start looking around in my elk hunting grounds. Just looking around for tracks, rubs maybe a wallow. If I get real lucky I may bump into a blue grouse or two. But this year I'm changing. I'm headed up to the Delta Trap Club for their annual 3 day Labor Day Trap Shoot. It's in Delta Colorado. There's some added money which helps if the planets are aligned just right & I'm shooting good. Times are changing I guess. I'm getting a little too flabby to hike the high country. Getting into shooting more & more----big game hunting less & less

Posts: 600 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'm selling off my 2020 lamb crop this weekend then hoping to find/hunt some good wild mushrooms. May plink some squirrels if they present themselves. No big game in season here for a while yet.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Stay home and do a little fishing and archery deer hunting...wait for all of the city folks to go home after their weekend in the "wilderness".

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not going anywhere near the lake.
might go up and shoot some grouse [or just hook the trap thrower in the hitch] just to mess with the bow hunters dragging the back roads.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Run bear baits, ride MC, walk 4 to 6 miles a day, shoot some guns.

Most likely try and shoot some geese.

Generally what I do every day for the last month.

When son and DIL get their bears I will stop the bear baiting.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Big drum fishing in the late afternoon and the old time Southern tradition of opening day dove hunt. Full hogs on the grill and lots of shooting in the sunflowers. Good times with friends and family.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dove hunt and reload. Work on my biz plan for 2021.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote