Tools

Yuck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted

On one of my game cams.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Mangy coyote, do him a favor and kill him.
A few years ago maybe 4 I killed 4 mangy ones from my house a couple had almost no hair and it was around zero degrees, don't know how they were surviving.

The Zombie apocalypse of coyotes

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure hope to. They don't generally make themselves seen during daylight around here. This was quite unusual. If I can't get him I hope the winter will kill him.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
My brother is a trapper in South East Missouri and he catches several each year that he can't do anything with except kill.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trapped one a few years ago in that condition next to my house. I killed it with a baseball bat....in my pajamas. Definitely did it a favor.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have black bears around here just as mangy. My neighbor did one a favor word got out an the game wardens thanked him with a $1000 fine. They claimed they did not have a choice , " that is the way the game code is written", they claim.
SSS from now on in these parts.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen mostly hairless mangy coyotes up here in the dead of winter .. -30C and colder. I do not understand how they could possibly even be alive???

The poor varmints look like they are from a horror movie.

If you can, shoot them and burn/bury them. Do not touch them at all .. Not that you would want to ..

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
We have black bears around here just as mangy. My neighbor did one a favor word got out an the game wardens thanked him with a $1000 fine. They claimed they did not have a choice , " that is the way the game code is written", they claim.

Their discretion ...

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
quote:

Their discretion ...

What type of idiot pinches a 78 yr. old farmer for putting that mangy thing out of her misery? Will has not hunted in years though he did for many. He had no need to seek a thrill just do the right thing. I hunt on his place at times when I heard about his fine (with court costs it was over $1200) I gave him the money to pay the fines off. This was in August but I have seen mangy opposums, coons, deer, Fox, coyote, bear in most every month.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Honest truth, in 2009, while Lora and I were still swapping out weekends between me and the cats that stayed with me going home to Azle or Lora and her cats coming up and spending the weekend with me, that Christmas we had a really big snow storm with really cold weather and it was her turn to come out here and spend Christmas with me.

To make a long story short I got my truck stuck out in front of the cabin up on the place where my boss has his buffalo herd.

The next morning we get up and start trying to get thre truck unstuck and find an extremely mangy coyote that had crawled under the pick up while the motor was still warm and froze to death overnite.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've only seen a couple that had small
patches missing.

Friend Mike in CO Spgs had a bunch of
red fox around his place. They turned
up mangy and hasn't seen a one in three
years now.

Said he was out front picking up twigs
and watched two trotting down the sidewalk
like they owned the place. Went to the side
of his house and jumped the gate to lay in the
sun out back.

Now he has muley's, some dandy bucks again this year.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like a dead possum laying on the ground where the coyote waking by. I was just in Africa and see they get mange there too, but if they can capture or get close to the animal, spray it with oil with some medicine in it and will kill the mange. Might have been sulfur.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wild animals??

Kinda in the same category as birth control
isn't it?
Re: "just how the hell you gonna do that??"

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Mange and the area that the animals are using can be treated with Tengard. It uses a strong permethrin, something like 36%, yet its safe enough to be used on dogs, horses and other animals to treat a range of pests including fleas, ticks and mange.

Posts: 361 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tysue:
looks like a dead possum laying on the ground where the coyote waking by.

That's my varmint pile. I trap coons, possums, etc and leave the carcasses out for the local raptors.

~Ann

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
quote:

Their discretion ...

What type of idiot pinches a 78 yr. old farmer for putting that mangy thing out of her misery? Will has not hunted in years though he did for many. He had no need to seek a thrill just do the right thing. I hunt on his place at times when I heard about his fine (with court costs it was over $1200) I gave him the money to pay the fines off. This was in August but I have seen mangy opposums, coons, deer, Fox, coyote, bear in most every month.

I agree with you 100% ! I would have shot the bear on the spot. The fish cop should have patted him on the shoulder and thanked him.

Poor bear.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
agree with you 100% ! I would have shot the bear on the spot. The fish cop should have patted him on the shoulder and thanked him.

Common sense has left a lot of law enforcement.

I killed a few mangy yotes most of them in Texas while hog hunting.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything with a mange infestation should be shot on the spot.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
agree with you 100% ! I would have shot the bear on the spot. The fish cop should have patted him on the shoulder and thanked him.

Common sense has left a lot of law enforcement.

I killed a few mangy yotes most of them in Texas while hog hunting.

Common sense has been lost in a a lot of the population, not just those in LE. Look at the BS situation going on in DC again and how it's negatively affecting a good share of the population EXCEPT the damn Legislators themselves!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Follow the Three S's
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcasto:
Follow the Three S's
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Why am I not surprised that you now make that dumbass statement on a hunting website telling people to violate the law! Great way to start the new year-duh!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Topgun:

Don't forget to renew your PETA subscription.

Paul

Take Trophies - Leave Brass

Posts: 731 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Topgun who made you the AR police?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole. It's highly contagious

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat this just so the two of you with single digit IQs that made the negative comments understand. It's absolutely ignorant for any hunter to come on a hunting website or to say anywhere else like he did that ANYONE should violate a law and that's what SSS means! I could give a shit what either of you think of me, but anyone that thinks that violating ANY law just because you might be able to get away with it without anyone else finding out is a dumbass and nobody that I care to associate with. Looks like the two of you are part of that bunch with the comments you made!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the only ethical thing to do when encountering a sick, diseased animal is to put it down and bury it so that another animal does not eat it. No one wants a $1000 ticket for doing the right thing which was what prompted this whole discussion.

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the only ethical thing to do when encountering a sick, diseased animal is to put it down and bury it so that another animal does not eat it. No one wants a $1000 ticket for doing the right thing which was what prompted this whole discussion.

That is completely different than going on the net and telling everyone openly to violate the law like you did. Suggestion---Maybe you should follow the last S of the 3Ss first, LOL!

one of us
posted Hide Post
No. That was assumption on your part.

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

For God's sake's man! First in the other thread you can't figure out a simple picture of cartridges in the ODNR Booklet and now you can't understand a simple post saying to STFU out in the open on the internet! Are you really that damn dense?!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:

Exactly !
He needs no one to appoint him just listen and he will inform you that he thinks he is smarter than anyone so he knows best.
Self appointed.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
quote:

Exactly !
He needs no one to appoint him just listen and he will inform you that he thinks he is smarter than anyone so he knows best.
Self appointed.

No surprise at all that you would come on with those comments! So with that post it sounds like you also think that hunters should post right out on the internet like he did that we should violate the law? That's exactly what he did when he supported SSS and any person that comes out on the net and tells people to violate ANY law and ones that agree need to have their accounts closed IMHO! Freedom of speech is one thing, but advocating right out on a big hunting website like this that a person should violate the law might as well be a PETA member! Some of you guys really suck if that's what you think and want to take the law into your own hands!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top gun moon I normally do not respond to name callers but I will make this exception: SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SSS SHOOT SHOVEL SHUT UP SHOOT SHOVEL SHUT UP SHOOT SHOVEL SHUT UP.....You get the message...STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU moon cuckoo jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:

For God's sake's man! First in the other thread you can't figure out a simple picture of cartridges in the ODNR Booklet and now you can't understand a simple post saying to STFU out in the open on the internet! Are you really that damn dense?!

Hey Busybody Topgun- right here on the open internet I will tell all that this year, in Ohio, I killed a doe and a buck with a bolt action 458 Winchester Magnum, handloaded with Barnes 350g TSX bullets. And you know what? - It was legal!

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never Mind!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
No surprise at all that you would come on with those comments! So with that post it sounds like you also think that hunters should post right out on the internet like he did that we should violate the law?

You assume a mouthful but it is incorrect (as usual).
What I think is that you should back it off a notch or 2 and let other people have an opinion and an adult conversation without you trying to act like the authority on all things.
It is fine for you to have on opinion, your right. But other people get to have one too and it may not agree with yours. You have been proven to be absolutely wrong on many occasions but it does nothing to slow you down.
You are not the expert you try to be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
quote:
No surprise at all that you would come on with those comments! So with that post it sounds like you also think that hunters should post right out on the internet like he did that we should violate the law?

You assume a mouthful but it is incorrect (as usual).
What I think is that you should back it off a notch or 2 and let other people have an opinion and an adult conversation without you trying to act like the authority on all things.
It is fine for you to have on opinion, your right. But other people get to have one too and it may not agree with yours. You have been proven to be absolutely wrong on many occasions but it does nothing to slow you down.
You are not the expert you try to be.

I have never said or intimated that I'm an expert on anything, but I will post until I'm proven wrong if I'm trying to help someone avoid a ticket. Yes, I do have strong opinions on some things and one is when a hunter comes on the net and makes a stupid statement to SSS, which for all intents and purposes may as well have been "just go ahead and violate the law"! That IMHO makes it look bad for all of us if someone doesn't tell them what I did. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore like I'm now doing you since it seems that we have very little in common!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal animal animal

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but I will post until I'm proven wrong if I'm trying to help someone avoid a ticket.

Isn't that what SSS is all about, avoiding a ticket?

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I find strange is that members of this site actually believe that the public in general views the comments/discussions made on this site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naw old Topper just imagines himself to have a following.
BTW what does this BS have to do with mangy coyote anyway?