Tools

Yuck
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcasto:
quote:
but I will post until I'm proven wrong if I'm trying to help someone avoid a ticket.

Isn't that what SSS is all about, avoiding a ticket?

I was referencing getting a ticket for hunting with an illegal rifle that we were having in the other thread, not the SSS statement on this thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Naw old Topper just imagines himself to have a following.
BTW what does this BS have to do with mangy coyote anyway?

LOL at that comment about my thinking that I have a following! Figure out on your own the answer to your question.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Nothing, it has to do with the differences among hunters concerning their PERSONAL attitudes toward each other on this site, nothing more/nothing less!

Each and every member of this site have developed friends and enemies based on our opinions/attitudes concerning the various topics, that can not be changed!!!

When or IF people can understand that just because a person views things differently on an issue, it does NOT mean either party is RIGHT or WRONG, it simply means they view the issue differently, Grow YOUR ASSES UP!!!!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
quote:
quote:
but I will post until I'm proven wrong if I'm trying to help someone avoid a ticket.

I was referencing getting a ticket for hunting with an illegal rifle that we were having in the other thread, not the SSS statement on this thread.

The thing is, you have people from Ohio telling you it is legal to hunt deer in Ohio with a 458WM or 450 Marlin and you from Michigan are slamming them telling them it is illegal. What are we supposed to think? You make people think you are a busybody. Just think of the positives you could add, but no, you choose the negative path.

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The thing is, you have people from Ohio telling you it is legal to hunt deer in Ohio with a 458WM or 450 Marlin and you from Michigan are slamming them telling them it is illegal. What are we supposed to think? You make people think you are a busybody. Just think of the positives you could add, but no, you choose the negative path.

Please read the post CHC made about opinions because a person doesn't have to live in Ohio to have an opinion on that cartridge issue. They could be right compared to a resident, especially one that makes a post referring to the belt being near the top rim of the cartridge! Until the call was made and ODNR said the belt was okay the picture in their booklet that you couldn't figure out rules a belted cartridge out. They need to clarify in writing what is legal just like at least one other member from another state mentioned and I agree 100% with that assessment after this hassle about it on this site.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Please read the post CHC made about opinions because a person doesn't have to live in Ohio to have an opinion on that cartridge issue. They could be right compared to a resident, especially one that makes a post referring to the belt being near the top rim of the cartridge! Until the call was made and ODNR said the belt was okay the picture in their booklet that you couldn't figure out rules a belted cartridge out. They need to clarify in writing what is legal just like at least one other member from another state mentioned and I agree 100% with that assessment after this hassle about it on this site.

Grossly inaccurate topgun. You are again misquoting the post I made. I said that the belt was on the head and the neck was not bottlenecked but straight walled. Upon checking with local law enforcement, I was told that the neck not the belt was the important issue in his opinion. It could be a belted case and be straight walled, meaning no bottleneck.
This is now the 2nd time or 3rd depending on how you cut it that you have misrepresented my post and misstated the facts. time for you to quit talking about and go watch the football game.. to quote you.
Further, you continue to argue with incorrect facts and incorrect references to the wrong people. It is time, you listen the CHC and refrain from slandering others. I get you are or think you are some kind of law enforecement guy. But that does not mean you need to be insulting or irritating others. I hope I don't see any other inaccurate information from you relating to me in the future.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They need to clarify in writing what is legal just like at least one other member from another state mentioned and I agree 100% with that assessment after this hassle about it on this site.

They did in writing. Before they opened it up to all straight wall cartridges and had a specific list, the belted 450 Marlin was on the list. I pasted that reg on the other post. Did you not see it?

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Upon seeing a mangy bear it's makes more sense to me to call the wardens and have them deal with.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the case of a bear, that would be the only option since even with a severe case of mange a bear is a Game Animal and as such would be a lot harder to justify the average citizen killing one.

Coyote is a different situation since they are considered pests and classified as such in many jurisdictions.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:

Grossly inaccurate topgun. You are again misquoting the post I made. I said that the belt was on the head and the neck was not bottlenecked but straight walled.

***Grossly inaccurate my ass! You did not say the belt was on the head! I quoted your entire sentence that was in your post of 28 DEC 2018 made at 12:44 Here it is again: "A later followup, I gave the local game warden a call and asked specifically about a belt being part of the neck and making it an illegal round." That was YOUR words and then the GW proceeded to tell YOU where the belt is. How in haydes can you argue you didn't say that and accuse me of slander when it's right on this site on that post in black and white?! I also was just making a blanket statement again about an incorrect statement on where the belt is and in no way was I saying it was rcasto just because my response was to him. You, like rcasto, need to read slower and comprehend what is being said to whom, especially when you're quoted and then say you didn't say what is right in your post and was C/Pd to prove I was right in what I stated

I am also not in LE and haven't been since I retired in 2002. Even if I was still working I have my right to state an opinion, which is what I did and still do in that the ODNR is not following what they show in their picture of legal cartridges if they say they are allowing a belted magnum to be used. Therefore, they should make written clarifications as to exactly what is allowed and the sooner the better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
In the case of a bear, that would be the only option since even with a severe case of mange a bear is a Game Animal and as such would be a lot harder to justify the average citizen killing one.

Coyote is a different situation since they are considered pests and classified as such in many jurisdictions.

Exactly and it's too bad he was fined, but you can't take the law into your own hands. That even applies to a deer hit by a vehicle in that a citizen is supposed to wait and let an Officer put the animal down if its still alive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

They did in writing. Before they opened it up to all straight wall cartridges and had a specific list, the belted 450 Marlin was on the list. I pasted that reg on the other post. Did you not see it?

You need to get a room with your other Buckeye buddy and discuss it, as I'm tired of trying to respond to people that can't comprehend simple English!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Took a real moron to make those last two posts previous to this one! PS: You don't call CA to get a quick LE response when you live in PA, but glad they finally got there, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
Topper you are one dumb SOB...can't even tell when someone is making a fool of you. fishing

The only dumb SOB that is making a true jackass of himself is from PA and you've now made three stupid posts in a row when you should have kept your big 2thdoc mouth shut!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing made my afternoon playing you like a cheap fiddle. Dinner is ready an this is getting boring . Tell you what Lowgun if I got a few spare minutes tomorrow maybe I can play you again .

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That now makes 4 moronic posts in one afternoon, which is probably a record. If you want to continue being an asshole go right ahead whenever you have time although I won't be able to read them thanks to the Ignore feature!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Grossly inaccurate topgun. You are again misquoting the post I made. I said that the belt was on the head and the neck was not bottlenecked but straight walled.

***Grossly inaccurate my ass! You did not say the belt was on the head! I quoted your entire sentence that was in your post of 28 DEC 2018 made at 12:44 Here it is again: "A later followup, I gave the local game warden a call and asked specifically about a belt being part of the neck and making it an illegal round." That was YOUR words and then the GW proceeded to tell YOU where the belt is. How in haydes can you argue you didn't say that and accuse me of slander when it's right on this site on that post in black and white?! I also was just making a blanket statement again about an incorrect statement on where the belt is and in no way was I saying it was rcasto just because my response was to him. You, like rcasto, need to read slower and comprehend what is being said to whom, especially when you're quoted and then say you didn't say what is right in your post and was C/Pd to prove I was right in what I stated

I am also not in LE and haven't been since I retired in 2002. Even if I was still working I have my right to state an opinion, which is what I did and still do in that the ODNR is not following what they show in their picture of legal cartridges if they say they are allowing a belted magnum to be used. Therefore, they should make written clarifications as to exactly what is allowed and the sooner the better.

State any opinion you like... but do NOT refer to me or drag me into any of your postings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

State any opinion you like... but do NOT refer to me or drag me into any of your postings.

LOL! Any time one makes a post on this site you automatically open yourself to opinions by ANY other member. IF you don't like the concept, don't post! I also see that you now realize I was correct if that's all you could come up with after I C/Pd your actual sentence you said you hadn't made! Please drop it because you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself every time you post!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

LOL! Any time one makes a post on this site you automatically open yourself to opinions by ANY other member. IF you don't like the concept, don't post! I also see that you now realize I was correct if that's all you could come up with after I C/Pd your actual sentence you said you hadn't made! Please drop it because you're just digging a deeper hole for yourself every time you post!

No, I just let it go and ignored you. But you refuse to leave it alone. So now you are beginning to irritate me. I guess I'll just put you on 'ignorne'. Congratulations, you have now proved all the comments Ohio residents make about people from Michigan are true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to change the subject, but I think the best thing to do with a mangy coyote is to let him live as long as possible. It increases the chance of infecting other coyote. Ultimately, the increase of mangy coyote increases the opportunity for a timber wolf to catch the mites. Distemper also works.

Let nature run its course.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youp50:
Not to change the subject, but I think the best thing to do with a mangy coyote is to let him live as long as possible. It increases the chance of infecting other coyote. Ultimately, the increase of mangy coyote increases the opportunity for a timber wolf to catch the mites. Distemper also works.

Let nature run its course.

So far that is what is happening. I have not seen it and it has not made any other appearances on the cameras yet. With their mating season coming up he will likely spread his parasites to his partner is she isn't already infested.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two years or so back in this part of Texas there were lots of mangy coyotes some to the point of having little or no hair on them.

Fast forward 10 months or so all any of us were seeing were healthy coyotes with some of or the best coats we had seen in years. If there had been a place down here to sell ther pelts they would have brought good money.

Mange, rabies, distemper and other such problems have cycles where they crop up every few years and then disappear for a for a period of time.