Find
Notify
Tools

.411 Hawk
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted
I am interested in a win95 in .411 Hawk. Does anyone have any experience with this rifle?

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Crawfish>
posted
Tell me about the round!!!! oh sorry... Please.

------------------
Handgun Hunter
LOVE THOSE .41s'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of building one on a Win model 54. It is basically a straight wall 30-06 case necked down to .411 caliber. It has a teenie tiny shoulder, but enough to headspace on if you set your sizing die right. If I recall, you get 2300 fps from a 300 grain slug.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the balistics.

http://www.z-hat.com/411%20Hawk.htm

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
<ssleefl>
posted
Big article on that one in Rifle Mag Sept 2001

Riflemagazine.com

------------------
"A school of Tuna led by a Shark can beat a school of Sharks led by a Tuna"

Most divorces are based on disagreements over small matters, so are most murders.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ramrod,

Will shooting a 411 Hawk make me as handsome as the guy in that picture with the Win M95 and the bear?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
ROFLMAO

Guess that will have to be something you and your significant other will have to determine. I built basically a 416 Gibbs(same shoulder location on a 280 case) once. Didn't do a darn thing for my looks. But, then again it wasn't lever action and I didn't have the hat.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Crawfish>
posted
Man this .41 makes my mouth water. Thinking a 20-22 inch barrel for the T/C Encore would be the berries. Have to check with some of the T/C smiths out there to see if it can be done.

------------------
Handgun Hunter
LOVE THOSE .41s'

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
I have the hat, now I need the rifle! A 300gr. HAWK AT 2500FPS SHOULD BE GREAT ELK MEDICINE.

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crawfish:
Man this .41 makes my mouth water. Thinking a 20-22 inch barrel for the T/C Encore would be the berries. Have to check with some of the T/C smiths out there to see if it can be done.

Crawfish,

What is it with the .41. I have had the same afflection for 15 years now. Just reading about that cartridge.....

mike

------------------
NRA Life Member

America, Love it or LEAVE IT!

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote