THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Only 13 NRA members used Delta...cost to Delta: $40 million

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only 13 NRA members used Delta...cost to Delta: $40 million
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Only 13 NRA members used the discount. Not last year...ever.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll bite. So the state is punishing a company for not giving a discount to a private group/club/organization. Seems like total bullshit to me.

Should we applaud the overreach of the gov over the power of the market, you know capitalism. Would it have been more powerful/meaningful for gun owners to stop using Delta, and have them feel the pain. Is the Gov of GA afraid that there would not be enough negative economic impact on Delta's due to it's decision to not give a discount to NRA members. Or worse yet a positive impact due to Delta's decision.

I would imagine Delta will fill THEIR planes somewhere else. (It's about some fuel tax I believe)

More stupid is not what we need.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, the message sent by Delta was that the NRA is evil, and we will not be associated with them or their members anymore. At least that's the way I see it. I applaud the State of Georgia for their response and not bowing to political correctness.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would imagine Delta will fill THEIR planes somewhere else.

I would tend to believe you are correct.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slim buttes:
Ok, I'll bite. So the state is punishing a company for not giving a discount to a private group/club/organization. Seems like total bullshit to me.

Should we applaud the overreach of the gov over the power of the market, you know capitalism. Would it have been more powerful/meaningful for gun owners to stop using Delta, and have them feel the pain. Is the Gov of GA afraid that there would not be enough negative economic impact on Delta's due to it's decision to not give a discount to NRA members. Or worse yet a positive impact due to Delta's decision.

I would imagine Delta will fill THEIR planes somewhere else. (It's about some fuel tax I believe)

More stupid is not what we need.

I agree with you on many levels, but I also think Delta was being opportunistic and, at some level, capitalizing on a tragedy. I also believe the GA politicians are doing the same. I find it darkly humorous that they are both damaging themselves by posturing rather than addressing the problem.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The result will be more than just affecting Delta. It also impacts the other airlines (primarily Southwest) to the tune of $10 MM. How will this impact the potential Amazon HQ decision? Suspect they are gone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
Well, the message sent by Delta was that the NRA is evil, and we will not be associated with them or their members anymore. At least that's the way I see it. I applaud the State of Georgia for their response and not bowing to political correctness.

+1. tu2

Posts: 2628 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I for one, am getting tired of being called a terrorist. Also, that I've got blood on my hands.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Delta started down this path when they stopped allowing Big 5 trophies on their planes coming back from Africa. Just another example of Delta trying to gain public favoritism from the left.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Woiteshek:
I for one, am getting tired of being called a terrorist. Also, that I've got blood on my hands.
tu2 Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Delta has said is that they are removing themselves from anything that can be seen as politically divisive. That is not limited to the NRA.

As much as I was originally pissed off about this, is they are doing the same thing to others, I am not as bothered.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure.......that's what it was........

That's why they announced all the other groups at the same time. This is a problem stunt to try and save face.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How will this impact the potential Amazon HQ decision? Suspect they are gone.

We can only hope this will influence Amazon to go somewhere else with their exorbitant demands.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote