New
Find
Notify
Tools

30/06 165gr, nosler bt at 3100fps
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
New forum member, first post and guess what topic he happens to comment on. Now isn't that a coincidence! It's the same thing, just a different smell.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
<thecrafter>
posted
hey,one second here,i'm a recent buyer of a win.94 compact in 30/30 and a ruger 77mkII 308 with a 16"some odd inch barrel(which i intend to to use mainly for deer hunting this year),i used to own a 3006 that with a load with no pressure signs that would get alittle over 3000fps chron'ed'with 165 nosler bt's(and thats no bs)load 'em to the grooves and let'em fly.got a rem.700 ss and maybe i'll use it for fun/entertainment purposes for deer this year,i'm sure it'll do just as good/if not better on deer......

one of us
posted Hide Post
gotta be kidding me! does he think we're stupid or something?

Posts: 71 | Location: Ocean Isle Beach NC | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"I have several of the Baush & Lomb now Bushnell Elite 3200 & 4200 models, one of which is a 4x12 on a 257 Weatherby. The are a good scope and fit into your price range. "
Second that...
s

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a neighbor who says he has a dog that can climb any tree. He says if I don't believe him, he will show me the tree.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Sorry Todd E, but somethin bout your 'nunciation is just a dead giveaway.. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a neighbor who says he has a dog that can climb any tree. He says if I don't believe him, he will show me the tree.
LOL!

one of us
posted Hide Post
RLINEB;
Do you mind if I take out a large life insurance policy on you, with me as beneficiary? [Big Grin]

[ 10-25-2002, 20:29: Message edited by: Marsh Mule ]

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
is it possible to work back from velocity/powder charge/bullet weight, to get a reading of the pressure?

griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Haven't been on this forum for awhile. Read this post with interest.

Rlineb - I am just curious you have been asked about 5 times in this string did you chrono these loads and you seem to always avoid the answer. You sort of imply you did in the past by saying you will do it again "ths week" but alas that was a month ago.

Hugs and Kisses

<Don Martin29>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by griff:
[QB]Hi guys,
is it possible to work back from velocity/powder charge/bullet weight, to get a reading of the pressure?
-------------------------------------------------

Yes it is possible and I may have done it in this thread. I don't intend to re-read this baloney however. The pressure of a 06/ load with those ballistics is very high and if anything went a tiny bit out of line such as a weakened case or a long neck the brass would let go and the shooter might be using a brail keyboard now.

<KBGuns>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:

Makes one think twice about buying a used gun?

Absolutely. [Eek!] rlineb, would you mind telling us all the serial number of you M700, so none of us will by it when you go to sell it...

Kristofer

<thecrafter>
posted

[ 10-31-2002, 09:26: Message edited by: thecrafter ]