Find
Notify
Tools

Stopping power
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
KStephens, I didn't say "in use", I said "primary". I may be incorrect, but I thought many of those countries used FN FAL's.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Hot Core, my intension is not about killing human beings, but more for the performance of bullets.

I have a lot of hunting kills and I understand bullet function just fine. I have not had to kill a person or even shoot someone. So I actually could not compare the two.

But tissue damage and bullet performance is the same. That is the reason I posted it. Sorry if you don't agree with what is said.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Uh, it's the same clip.......but this time without sound........

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
...But tissue damage and bullet performance is the same. That is the reason I posted it. Sorry if you don't agree with what is said.
No, they are not the same at all.

I'm not mad about your incorrect assumption, just dislike seeing the original post because of it's content.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by george roof:
Thanks Redhawk. Not that any of the "experts" will bother to read that, but good post never the less. I'm gratified that it lists the subjects as "theories", since neither side could ever prove their OPINIONS.

If you want to see the effects of "hydrostatic shock" on quarry, you could always watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQhjaCgAS80
Frame #151

Try this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUpk0XLHK8

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
That's it jwp -- you got the right link this time........ thumb

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Roof posted:KStephens, that's a very silly assertion. If the M16 was half as good as the DoD thinks it is, the Germans, Israelis, Swedes, Aussies and English would be using them as well. Have you noticed that only the US believes in them?

quote:
Originally posted by george roof:
KStephens, I didn't say "in use", I said "primary". I may be incorrect, but I thought many of those countries used FN FAL's.

Hey One Hole,

Back Peddle Bull Shit...

Liars often forget what they've said. Hard to keep their story straight and even harder to admit that they can't.

I really can't see the word "primary" in this statement. Could you point it out to me?

"Isn't it pretty to think so."

Posts: 148 | Location: Cascade Foot Hills | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
DB, it's easy for you to point out errors others make. In your 30 posts you have yet to say anything except trying to stir crap. This site seems to be filled with "experts" like you who have so little to offer to begin with.

RETIRED Taxidermist

Posts: 827 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One Hole,

What I have to offer is factual, true and constructive. And yes, you make it very easy to point out "errors", if that's what you prefer to call them. All I have to do is look for your posts.

I tried to start out on right footing in this forum. A gentleman asked for advice on what acceptable accuracy in a hunting rifle would be. Several of us tried to offer assistance in giving him some advice based on our own hunting experience. But then out of Bullshitvania comes Foghorn Leghorn the Great White Hunter from Delaware and starts calling people names and expounding on what a friggin' expert he is.

As I've said several times One Hole. You are such a transparent bag of wind that you have to stand twice to cast a shadow.

I always wind up in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

You're just not an impressive individual. Actually very sad and pathetic. You need a little electronic box to be noticed. Probably because people in Magnolia know you for what you are, or rather, are not.

"Isn't it pretty to think so."

Posts: 148 | Location: Cascade Foot Hills | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of george roof
posted Hide Post
LMAO I guess being "an impressive individual" wasn't one of those items I ever intended to grow up to be. But at least I do have a real name, a real face, and a real opinion. So considering the legend you've become to your own mind, I guess I'd just as soon be me.

BTW, Magnolia is a post office more than it is a town. Come visit sometime. I'll show you where all the Jello in the world is made, where Playtex invented tampons and the Living Bra, where the first American gun powder manufacter once did business (before it blew up) and where the space suits are made for NASA, just a few minutes from Magnolia.

RETIRED Taxidermist

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
...But tissue damage and bullet performance is the same. That is the reason I posted it. Sorry if you don't agree with what is said.
No, they are not the same at all.

I'm not mad about your incorrect assumption, just dislike seeing the original post because of it's content.

Again, I am sorry, but I am NOT WRONG. If you don't like the content in the post, quit reading it. That is not to hard to do.

But can you tell me why there are not the same. I can't wait to here this one....

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Humans, elephants, whatever are much the same as a can of Coors beer, you punch a hole in the son of a bitch and let all the juice out and you gotta dead soldier or whatever...stopping power is a shot to the head or spine..Why am I posting here? bsflag

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42138 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Ray, tell me you don't drink Coors! Big Grin

Semper Fidelis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Careful Ray, the bulls around here are kinda testy about who stomps in their poop!

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote