THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: what is the country like where you live?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: what is the country like where you live?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have to assume that the comments made by the NH boys were facetious in nature regarding the lack of fish and game available in NH and thereabouts. I reside in MA, and have hunted, fished and traipsed about in most NE states, including quite a bit of NH, especially northern, and while some of the sentiment regarding the political atmosphere and populous is pretty much dead on, IMO the disparaging remarks about our F & G, if serious, is nonsense.

Around these parts you can hunt: moose, black bear, whitetail deer, turkey, coyote, fox, raccoon, squirrel, woodchuck, ducks galore, geese, seaduck, brant, grouse, woodcock, snipe, rail (virginia and sora) and more.

Freshwater fish available: salmon, 5 flavors of trout, catfish, perch, LM bass, SM bass, pickerel, northern pike, muskellunge, crappie, sunfish, carp, american eel and others.

Saltwater fish available: striped bass, bluefish, haddock, cod, flounder, wolf fish, pollock, herring (alewife and blueback), mackerel, mahi mahi, mako shark, brown shark, porbeagle shark, blue shark, scup, cunner, yellowfin and giant bluefin tuna. We also have the best lobster in the world, and seafood in general with little equal in the world.

I have a respectable collection of firearms that I shoot and hunt with often, am licensed to carry, and generally live happily here. And while there's *plenty* of room for improvement on many levels, it's still my home and is in my mind a wonderful place to be a hunter/fisherman, if you're willing to do the work. I have travelled to other areas and loved the experiences, and this is no Alaska, but I guess at heart I'll always be proud to be a Yankee hunter.

My pair of coppers on the matter.

Leighton

Boston, MA

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now obviously what we got here is a Failure to Communicate. Here it is one more time, troops, and listen carefully:

There. Is. No. Game. In. NH.
All. The. Fish. Are. Full. Of. Mercury.
The. Weather. Sucks.
The. Flies. Carry. Horrible. Diseases. And. If. You. Don't. Die. You. Will. Wish. You. Had.
The. Gov't. Is. Run. By. Massholes. And. Other. Fascists.
For. Your. Own. Sake. Stay. Away. Don't. Come. Here.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wolverton Mountain, NH | Registered: 22 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

If you think NH is bad try CT or MASS, they have alot of deer and other game that is true. The problem is no access, the land is posted and for the most part, especially CT, they hate hunters not all but most of them do.More rules and laws and cost than one could shake a stick at,I was born and raised in Mass, I was 18 came to Ct for college and have been in CT for 25 years. I am now leaving this area for good in DEC and moving to AK,by the way did I mention most of the people in southern Newengland are miserable SOBs,not all but most,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I read carefully the first time, no need for your little broken english stunt. Let me try my response another way: don't like it hereabouts?

Buy a plane ticket and take yourself and your whining elsewhere. How's that?

Leighton

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

>The problem is no access, the land is posted

Another example of someone not doing the work. I've had almost no problems with this. ME. VT and NH have literally *millions* of acres of paper company land where you are welcome to roam and hunt. Again, it's no Alaska, but if you're willing to do some work, there's more land and places to hunt than a man could cover in a lifetime in New England. You're not looking hard enough.

>and for the most part, especially CT, they hate > hunters not all but most of them do.

A generalization, but more importantly, who cares what others think? Do your thing, and let them do theirs.

>More rules and laws and cost than one could >shake a stick at,

If you can't read or understand the law, I can't help you. 64 bucks a year to hunt and fish MA is what I pay. That's expensive?

>I am now leaving this area for good in DEC and >moving to AK,

I've been seeing your postings on many sites about this so-called move for at least a year now. Are you actually going to do it, or simply continue to talk about it on hunt chat forums for the rest of your life?

>did I mention most of the people in southern >Newengland are miserable SOBs,not all but

As I suggested to the other guy, if you can't handle the heat, and despise it here so, then be on your damn way. Enough with the whining already.

Leighton