New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skull Hooker
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody used one of these with a large set of Elk antlers?

http://www.skullhooker.com/

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I've never used one or seen one before but that thing looks really handy.
I need one.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of decent bulls lying around and these look like a great way to get them on the wall.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
snellstrom
ya been hibernating?
havn't heard much in the past couple months
how's winter on the e plains?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My taxidermist hung my Yukon bull moose and a few cap buff on it and they failed.

I didn't see it myself.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty neat idea, but it is ugly as sin.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why????

a wooden shield is certainly more beautiful to look at?

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
snellstrom
ya been hibernating?
havn't heard much in the past couple months
how's winter on the e plains?

Yep!
Ravenr it's been cold and windy here up until this week (now its warm and windy) so really haven't been doing any fun stuff. Work has been busy and the kids keep me on the move with Hockey, Cub Scouts and helping my older son on his truck project.
The youngest son wants to shoot a hog real bad so I've been trying to line something up for him.
Colorado Big Game regulations came out so I'm trying to figure the best way to burn 11 Deer points.
All the "fun" is in the planning stages!
How is the "hibernating" going in Wyo?

Sorry 'bout the hijack! salute

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldeneye:
why????

a wooden shield is certainly more beautiful to look at?

A wooden shield is the epitome of tacky.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends if you have a full skull or not. If I have a full skull, I just hang the bare skull on the wall; looks good. I do have a small 6x6 whose rack is on a wooden shield and hangs above the French doors on my TR; because the doors are in the corner of the room, I can put two large shoulder mounts there or they would be crowded.

I think the shield looks good. You might not. My interior designer doesn't like two of the sofas in my trophy room. But you know what? She doesn't live here.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:

A wooden shield is the epitome of tacky.

I guess we will have to disagree on that....

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a European skull mule deer mount on one.

Looks great!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
beauty is in the eye of the beholder-but i would have to be blind to find these things attractive. i would much prefer a nail in the wall, passing up through the foramen magnum

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13440 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
beauty is in the eye of the beholder-but i would have to be blind to find these things attractive.

The Skull Hooker looks like a part of a weather vane.

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like it, I am thinking about useing one for bear and lion skulls.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The youngest son wants to shoot a hog real bad so I've been trying to line something up for him.
Colorado Big Game regulations came out so I'm trying to figure the best way to burn 11 Deer points.

Have you checked with Wendell Reich or Crazyhorseconsulting from on here?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a cape buffalo skull hanging on the large skull hooker. It looks great and has been very functional. The mounting plate disappears behind the skull.
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eeeeeewwwwww. To each his own. Looks like a coat hanger that's misused to me.
I like a nice wooden shield myself.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote