Notify
Tools

35 point Missouri buck
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
He was killed with a truck in Missouri.

Subject: 35 point buck ( I killed with my truck on the way to work)
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:46:14 -0600
> Thought you might like to see what a 35 point buck looks like!

> Here is a pic of a 35 point buck a guy killed near Sweet Springs in
> Central Missouri. Bass Pro has already offered $40,000 for it and he is
waiting on more offers. Jeremy Waltrip was the driver

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Impressive mass, but IMO, ugly! Reminds me of some euro deer with big nasty knobs/masses on their head. As I understand it, most of those result from a testicular injury, if memory serves.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Kamo,

Testicular damage (especially in Roe deer) causes a Perruque head, where the antler doesn't harden. It's a horrible looking head, and often causes blindness in the buck because the antler mass falls over the eyes. Some German stalkers pay huge money for perruque heads for the novelty value.

Multiple points are usually caused buy fighting which damages the pedicle on the buck causing it to grow into a variety of points. Last weekend I was looking at a muntjac with a regular spike on one side and 4 spikes protruding from the pedicle on the other side.

I wish I had taken a photo now!!

I don't htik I'd be too adverse to shooting that buck TBH!! Wink

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of a deer shot by a guy in my high school a couple years older then me in north central Okla. Yet this deer was a doe producing milk and had a yearling with it. The doe had 17 single spikes coming from a single crown in the middle of its head. The longest spike was 18" and the shortest was about 1.5" if I remember correctly. Really a novelty just like this buck, which I certainly would not have passed, if given the opportunity.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I think the Waltrip fellow does the Ag market reports on the radio. He should get a good hunt out of the sale of this!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the Waltrip fellow does the Ag market reports on the radio.

Nope wrong Waltrip.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote