New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bin Ladin........has been KILLED!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It appears that Bin Laden has been KILLED and his body is in the hands of US authorites.

Posts: 334 | Location: America | Registered: 23 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank GOD and Thank all the service men and women in this great country past and present.

God please all the brothers, sisters, mother and fathers and especially all the children that lost a parent(s) and/or a loved one on 9-11

WE WILL NEVER FORGET patriot

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!!!!

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dancing dancing dancing

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was the Navy SEALs that got him. Just saw a news video that said the photos of his body showed a bullet hole in the forehead. They buried him at sea so nobody can make his grave into a shrine.

Hey Gibby, did you hear that? The SEALs got him! You know, the same bunch of guys you were saying are worthless and who you claimed you could out shoot etc... Wonder why they sent them instead of calling up your dumb ass?

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flags:
Hey Gibby, did you hear that? The SEALs got him! You know, the same bunch of guys you were saying are worthless and who you claimed you could out shoot etc... Wonder why they sent them instead of calling up your dumb ass?

Did he really say that? Can you find the post?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
quote:
Originally posted by Flags:

Did he really say that? Can you find the post?

Ditto

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a search of his postings.

A few months ago he went off on a tantrum about Marcus Luttrell, a Navy SEAL and Navy Cross awardee. Said the guy was a piece of shit and basically alluded to the SEALs in general as being borderline criminals and human garbage. Went on to give the perception that both him and his 7 year old daughter could shoot better than them.

quote:
Posted 29 March 2011 05:03 by 505 Gibbs:

Marcus Luttrell is an egomaniacal, psychopathic, inept blowhard, and the fact that he was in the SEALS speaks volumes about that division. The things he "brags" about is completely inconsistant with all the others I have known who have surviced such trauma. He exhibits a complete lack of self control and my 7yr old daughter can shoot a rifle better than him with only a couple of months training. This is our "special forces"? Pathetic.

In other words, his usual drivel! Which is one of the big reason I put his dumb ass on ignore.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My youngest son (Airborn Ranger) is home for a short time and will be going to those mountains over-seas. I suppose things will heat up now that retaliation is almost evident in the near future by Bin Ladens followers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought it was interesting how our President presented this news. After reflecting upon his speach, I determined that maybe some young strong, toughs in our military service (partial to the Army guys myself) probably got him in spite of the President's participation in the mission.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pancho, I am positive that you or anybody could find a few of those super tuff guys in the Army, Navy, Marines and Airforce if you looked a little bit.

I know my son is not a wussy type that stands 5'11" and weighs in at 185 pounds with 10% body fat. This morning he benched 270-lbs in the gym and later ran 3 miles in 16:40.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Pancho, I am positive that you or anybody could find a few of those super tuff guys in the Army, Navy, Marines and Airforce if you looked a little bit.

I know my son is not a wussy type that stands 5'11" and weighs in at 185 pounds with 10% body fat. This morning he benched 270-lbs in the gym and later ran 3 miles in 16:40.

some of those super tough and brave guys are the guys that stand 5'11" weigh 185 lbs with 10% body fat. Some of those guys also run 16 min 3 miles and bench 200+ even though they only weigh 185 lbs.

But you are right, you can find big guys in all branches, tough guys in all branches, smart guys in all branches, and stupid guys in all branches.

I watched one of those super huge, tough as nails(looking) guys scream like a little bitch when an Iraqi cockroach climbed on his leg. It changed his image to other people.

Oh yeah, and bin ladin is dead. YES!

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BD:

My nephew is in route to Afghanistan right now. He is a Marine. Supposed to be there for 6 months. He wife is pregnant . She is due this month .

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great news for the whole world. Thanks to all those who contributed to this successful operation.

This is an opportunity for the whole world to realise that any form of extremism - far right, far left, religious zealots or what ever - are a threat to peace and freedom.

I am just disappointed that Hannity is still trying to discredit Obama and claiming that GWB deserves at least as much credit!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11250 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We used to have a fella called Winston Churchill over here and he once said something on the German situation we had a while back along the lines of:

This is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end, but this is the end of the beginning.

I hate to say this but 9 years in a compound doesn't make him anything other than a figurehead, not a combatant, just an icon. Killing him may make us all feel a bit better, but the guys on the business end are still out there - hopefully the puters that were snatched will help us find them and deal with them appropriately.

I don't want to get into the SEAL's / Special Forces debate here, again, we have our own special forces and the word 'special' is bang on. I've met a couple of SEALS and have a mate who's a former Ranger, none of whom I'd care to be on the wrong side of. Irrespective of whether the guy is GI Joe or just a cook preparing the meals, in a theatre of war, everyone does their bit and being shot in the back from home isn't something any of our boys and girls in uniform need want or deserve.

There but for the grace of God go I and personally speaking, I'm damn glad I don't have to go there and an very grateful for all those that have done so on our behalf.

Have a great day everyone

Roo Ellis
Hunting Agent, gun fanatic and Englishman
TheHuntingAgency.com

Posts: 17 | Location: England | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roo is right. Now is not the time to relax and start the high fiving. It is but a start.
We need to take a page from the Jews. Even today they are still hunting down Nazi war criminals.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does this belong under American Big Game hunting....or Asian Hunting forum. Or if he is native to Saudi Arabia.. African?

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If there were a section on Vermin Control, I think that would pretty much cover it!

Roo Ellis
Hunting Agent, gun fanatic and Englishman
TheHuntingAgency.com

Posts: 17 | Location: England | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, for one am glad that Osama bin Ladin is dead.

The symbolic nature of his execution should have a real effect on the Arab street: fear.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Great news for the whole world. Thanks to all those who contributed to this successful operation.

This is an opportunity for the whole world to realise that any form of extremism - far right, far left, religious zealots or what ever - are a threat to peace and freedom.

I am just disappointed that Hannity is still trying to discredit Obama and claiming that GWB deserves at least as much credit!

Problem is that GWB had as much to do with this as the mighty O. If Obama had his way, the intelligence that led to this strike would never have been obtained. Fact.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have mixed feelings about this. While I'm glad they caught him and didn't bring him back for trial. WOW, what a fiasco that would have been. The down side of all this is that now I have a lot of worthless Osama bad guy targets left over, rather worthless now!

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roo Ellis:
I don't want to get into the SEAL's / Special Forces debate here, again, we have our own special forces and the word 'special' is bang on.

Very few Americans know that our Delta Force is modeled after the British SAS.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote