Find
Notify
Tools

Do you believe in Big Foot??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I know that some Alsakans believe in bigfoot, and the inuit too. But Im afraid that you can place me in the sceptic category as well. No real evedience whatsoever of their existence is a pretty compelling argument IMHO. I think that sometimes seclusion can not only play tricks on the mind, but it makes some folks do odd things to entertain themselves as well..

And if I ever saw one while I was hunting, I would have to seriously question whether I should be carrying a loaded weapon, much less pulling the trigger.. Big Grin

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well here's the thing. I guess it would be appropriate to say that we shouldn't dismiss the 'possibility' that such an animal exists, but I'm not going to change my mind until I see some evidence...not just a bunch of photo trickery, soundbites made from a dog or some other electronic device, or phony 911 calls. Catch one, kill one, show me carcass, film one eating across a meadow, do something.

To me this is nothing more than a hoax that has gone too far and those who have some glimmer of hope of the beasts existence still to this day cannot produce any real evidence, even after 40 years of trying.

Big foot exists, yea, and OJ is innocent.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I lean toward being a believer, been studying the subject for years and attended a couple of conferences. I know reliable people that claim sightings. There are two official Bigfoot groups here in Texas, one with a no kill policy and one with a kill an adult male policy. I've heard some interesting debates on the subject. I believe the kill group tends to carry 7mm or 300 Ultra Mags, not sure why they picked those particular rounds. Probably not what I'd pick for a large, potentially dangerous animal in thick cover. They have told me they've had the opportunity to kill females and young ones but passed.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.

Posts: 301 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive seen Bigfoot and he has an uncanny resemblance to the shroud of Turin!

The Same day we saw BF, we also came across these bunnies.

one of us
posted Hide Post
THERE WAS a recent sighting in a little Town out west but the jury is still out as to whether or not it was a valid sighting..

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawcop your the greatest ! In my lifetime I have seen 3 UFO's First time I was 11 and my 2 parents + a neighbor for several minutes it just stayed in a area on the farm and never moved Second time I was 26 in california hills called camp pendelton , Third, here in PA April of 2004 , as for the big guy NO I have never seen him but thousands of sightings by others tell me He's there ! For the skeptics who think there are no UFO's Try looking up when you walk and not at your feet ! you might get lucky ?

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by concho:
Lawcop your the greatest ! In my lifetime I have seen 3 UFO's First time I was 11 and my 2 parents + a neighbor for several minutes it just stayed in a area on the farm and never moved Second time I was 26 in california hills called camp pendelton , Third, here in PA April of 2004 , as for the big guy NO I have never seen him but thousands of sightings by others tell me He's there ! For the skeptics who think there are no UFO's Try looking up when you walk and not at your feet ! you might get lucky ?

DON'T EVEN get me going on the UFO thing..
Back in my teens I was on a large Canadian lake at about midnight and saw one come over the horizon and blot out the stars as it went over head. MY guess 5-8,000 feet and it was HUGE in the greater scheme of things. and it wasn't an aircraft that breathed air because there wasn't a sound and it was so quiet on the lake you could hear a beaver fart at a mile.
we are DEFINITELY not alone in the universe.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'll go along with the UFO thing. Seen one myself, but it could have been a satellite. Walking out of physics building when I was 19 after taking a test. Noticed a jet coming in for a landing at the airport not far away, flying right overhead. After it passed, I noticed something streaking across the sky (faster than any satellite I've seen in the past) that reflected the sun from it, moved in a linear fashion at a VERY high speed, no noise.

Went back into bldg, and called my dad (mechanical engineer for MICOM (missle command), USArmy. Told him what I saw. He said "there's been stranger things reported right here on base."

No bigfoots though. Wink How's this guys written up opinion: bogus bigfoot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aw hell!!! The tried and true method (I'm stealing this from another thread) of shoot, shovel and shutup, will work just fine if you shoot some shmuck in a gorilla suit!
cheers

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Sasquatch is, in point of fact, the half-breed offspring of an alien and homo erectus.

The alien showed up one day in prehistory, grabbed a female humanoid, had his evil extraterrestrial way with her, and zipped off a few billion light years into deep space.

And hundreds of thousands of years later, sasquatch still carries that alien gene.

The "F" in UFO doesn't really stand for "flying" you know.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness, I do believe that a bigfoot could exist and I definitely believe there is other life in our universe. Think about this: If there is no other life, what the hell is all that space for? You can't sit there and tell me it's all just a waste. There has to be something else out there somewhere. I'm not sure I would shoot a bigfoot if I saw one. One side of me would want to and another wouldn't. I would want to prove that it exists but I also would feel kind of bad. Just my $.02

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If some redneck hasn't shot one by now then he doesn't exist. The woods aren't that big.

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BiggestGun:
If some redneck hasn't shot one by now then he doesn't exist. The woods aren't that big.

exactly. It's a hoax that turned into a legend, that turned into some false hope for those who desperately want to believe that SOMETHING out there exists called bigfoot. It AIN'T so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAWCOP:
THERE WAS a recent sighting in a little Town out west but the jury is still out as to whether or not it was a valid sighting..

See I told you guys.. Big Foot is just a bunch a damned left over 60s hippies...this picture above should prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.... salute

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Why doesnt bigfoot exist. Heck the toothfairy sometimes would bring me a dollar when I would lose a tooth. I never saw her but the dollar would be under the pillow and the tooth would be gone. Wink

Seriously dont you believe that some redneck would of shot one by now.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
Why doesnt bigfoot exist. Heck the toothfairy sometimes would bring me a dollar when I would lose a tooth. I never saw her but the dollar would be under the pillow and the tooth would be gone. Wink

Maybe 'bigfoot' will bring you some orthotics. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:

Maybe 'bigfoot' will bring you some orthotics. Big Grin

hahaha meant when I was a kid. Big Grin

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PEOPLE WITH guns have reported seeing them and have chosen not to shoot, whether out of fear or a belief in preservation.

FIRST how do we know some guy or guys haven't capped one or several over the years and decided with all the hoopla over them and with deep second thought...the three Ss MIGHT be a better path to take than to proclaim you just help wipe out an endangered species.

Second, think about the awareness of these critters. IF they exist they are certainly a humanoid type of some kind, which means they ARE probably smarter than the average bear. IF you lived in the woods and YOU had incentive to NOT be found... how difficult would it be for a skilled woodsperson NOT to be found? How well have you hid from game in the past? I have been able to reach out and touch deer as they walked by on several ocassions while in the bush. In one of my other lives I was able to do the same thing with people. Don't know about all you folks but some can surely relate to being in the grass and having hostiles walk by close enough to step on you and never see you because of your survival skills.
How many have been mere feet from a large game animal before it broke from its cover.
We are not talking brain surgery here we are talking about the skills of probably reletively intelligent animals at being very adaptive to surviving in their home environment..

Has anyone here ever walked into a LARGE deer pen where there is cover for them and KNOWING there are a lot of them never see any? or maybe just see one or two?

the simple truth is just because no one seems to have one mounted on the wall does not preclude them from existence... maybe you just haven't looked at all the walls yet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your views and way of thinking sound like a mirror image of myself ! I wanted to go looking for them back in the late 70's with 3 friends but Money stopped us , we all had Panasonic camera's 35 MM , 22mag hand guns for possible small game for dinner ,.375 H&H Mag for the big guy if we were attacked while trying to take their pictures , we were going to the twin sisters area Oregon, as some people were in the news back then being chase ! Or harrased by the creatures , They never saw them only heard and smelled them , according to the articles I read ! I personally would never shoot unless my life was indangered or someone elses !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LAWCOP:

FIRST how do we know some guy or guys haven't capped one or several over the years and decided with all the hoopla over them and with deep second thought...the three Ss MIGHT be a better path to take than to proclaim you just help wipe out an endangered species.

We don't. How do we know that all of these reported sightings aren't just people that wish to fuel the legend? With today's technology, like helicopters and infared cameras, and all of the reported past nightly scans of many regions that allegedly have Mr. Big walking around, still no bigfoot. They've scanned, elk, cougar, deer, bear, wolverine, sheep, moose, etc., all over the reported sightings regions, for years. Every creature we know about has been scanned and visually verified, but still somehow this elusive beast, bigfoot, manages to elude even heat seaking photography year after year, even during heavily reported sightings areas. Hmmm.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think if you did not want to be found you could do it! think about the woods where the creature is supposed or does live, that's his house! I'll bet like most folks that get out in the same part of woods often they know where everyplace to hide is at! infrared camera's can be fooled and it has been proven (I like Mythbusters) if ol' Bigfoot has a shelter say a cave he can hide, just like deer and other wildlife they know what's in the area they live just like you know when something is out of place in your house. Shoot one? well if I felt my life was in danger but just because, nah I doubt it but it would be cool to see something like that. Later,

Kirk

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having just got back from shopping for size 15 EE's for my kid, I am now a believer....and if that kid starts getting hairy I'm shooting his mother, and heading for the hills.....

Posts: 5891 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote