New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would you take the shit?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
0615, daybreak. 19 degrees. frost on everything.
You are 32 feet up a white pine when the deer chili from last night finally sounds the alarm.
Suddenly the activity starts. you see 3 doe trotting at a steady gate. the last one looking behind her.
the barking of squirrels in the distance as the first turd starts to crown.
You choice?
#1 Start the long painfull butt clenching climb down and find a log to deposite your fodder.
#2 Clench those butt cheeks up tight as you can and hope for a buck to come along , QUICK.
#3 Shit your pants, respray yourself w/ pine scent and await the berateing you'll get back at camp.
#4 and the most dangerous. Pull of your pants and try not to drop them. hang your ass off your shooting rail and attempt to shit w/o covering yourself, the rail, your backpack and rifle with feces, wipe your ass w/ your underwear, then cut some fresh pine limbs and drop them to the ground hopeing that the cold will keep the smell to a min.
So would you take the shit?

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you might worry WAY too much about some things. This is probably to each his own.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
You are 32 feet up a white pine when the deer chili from last night finally sounds the alarm.
Suddenly the activity starts. you see 3 doe trotting at a steady gate. the last one looking behind her.
You choice?
#1 Start the long painfull butt clenching climb down and find a log to deposite your fodder.
#2 Clench those butt cheeks up tight as you can and hope for a buck to come along , QUICK.
#3 Shit your pants, respray yourself w/ pine scent and await the berateing you'll get back at camp.
#4 and the most dangerous. Pull of your pants and try not to drop them. hang your ass off your shooting rail and attempt to shit w/o covering yourself, the rail, your backpack and rifle with feces, wipe your ass w/ your underwear, then cut some fresh pine limbs and drop them to the ground hopeing that the cold will keep the smell to a min.

and while your pants are around your ankles and you're reaching for the toilet paper, a huge trophy whitetail steps out into a meadow......

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody that finally askes the questions that run through my mind! Now thats scarry!! I think that if you're old enough, you'll be wearing Depends anyway, so just let it flow and sit tight!.......wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Although I got a wonderful chuckle out of this, I sure have to wonder if some of us have too much free time... Big Grin

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love it...

Someone really needed to do a parody of all the "do you take the shot?" posts.

Thank you!

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
It is November, 1998. I have not been in the stand for more than 30 minutes.

I do not risk scaring anything by the stand, so I make a trip down the dirt path to the CRP field about 100 yards away.

It was only #1 that took me away from my lofty perch. Way too much coffee this morning ... I can still feel the relief to this day. There is no wind at all, the sun has just come up, it is bitterly cold. I stand with the sun in my face warming my skin, eyes closed ... ahhhh, life is good.

Enough of this, I need to get back in the stand, the deer will be moving, this is prime time.

I open my eyes to see a gorgeous 12 pt Whitetail.

What do I do next?

Fall down. Still not sure why, but it put me in a good sitting position. I fold out the bipod and the 147" Buck hits the dirt.

Yes, life is good.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every serious hunter with lots of "stand time" has encountered the swme question!! Be careful what you eat.

shocker

the chef

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
You choice?

Alright, I admit it, I laughed my ass off. That was too funny and the reason is simple. That same dang scenario has happened to me, even the deer chili part!!!

Thanks for the laugh. animal

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stood took my boots off and tied the laces together then hung them over the right side of the stand. i then stood up and pulled of, yes completly, my overalls hanging them with the boots. i then tightened up my saftey harness and turned around using the shooting rail as a seat (ala shitting rail). i wiped with a package of kleenex and using my rubber gloves put the used tissue inside another rubber glove. i then put my overalls back on, put my boots back on and finished out my hunt.
at around noon i climbed down and jumped into my own shit when exiting the stand.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I carry toilet paper in my backpack/fannypack and in at least two seperate pockets of my clothes. I can remember peeling off the coveralls at 5:30 am and -10 degrees at 11,000 feet in Colorado in two feet of snow.

When you have to, you have to.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Texas we do a lot of hunting out of blinds. One of the guys I hunt with is pretty anal in that he built his blind 6' x 6' so he would have plenty of room in case of that very emergency. We call it the cadillac stand. He keeps a 5 gallon bucket and a toilet seat in his blind. He even has a fixture for the toilet paper.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted Hide Post
Well I usually try to be careful of what I have to eat and how much I eat the night before a hunt. Getting up early enough to at least try to do your business before the hunt is also a good thing to do.

Just remember, Forrest Gump's mama was wrong! Life is not like a box of chocolates! Life is like a jar of jalapenos! What you do today can come back to burn your @$$ tomorrow!!! moon

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pinch the loaf from atop your tree stand. Wipe your ass on the tree bark and get on with it! moon

No brainer. Hell, my bird dogs and I both enjoy taking shit will hunting.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be prepared: In the morning, take a "Tylenol #3". The 30 mg. codeine in that tablet will slow your colonic peristalsis, such that any need to poop will be inhibited. Effects should wear off by evening. Don't overdose; constipation will result.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a friend who was probably the most successful pot hunter I ever met. He took a lovely West Virginia buck with a 30-06 Remington 760 some years ago ... with his pants down around his ankles ... during just such a situation.

Haven't seen him for years. Randall is/was quite a hunter!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mort Canard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mstarling:
Had a friend who was probably the most successful pot hunter I ever met. He took a lovely West Virginia buck with a 30-06 Remington 760 some years ago ... with his pants down around his ankles ... during just such a situation.

Lends a whole new meaning to the phrase "squeeze off the shot"! Wink

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

Posts: 567 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My second buck taken many years ago got pissed on by me before he was shot! I had to take a whizz badly...either take it or wet my pants...it was bad. I get on my knees 30' up in the stand, unzip, and let loose. Imagine my surprise when spike buck jumps (and runs) like he had been struck by lightning directly underneath my stand...being young and dumb, I had not seen him underneath me...I grab my rifle with my pecker hanging out and managed to shoot the poor buck about 40 yards out. Still shaking, I put my best friend back in my pants and go collect my buck....true story.

Like the others have said...if you spend any time in the deer stand, you will eventually have a story like that.

KStephens: where ya from? My family is originally from up that way...I was just up there a couple of weeks ago sprinkling my dad's ashes over his old homeplace, now 50' under water. I live in SW Georgia now. Take it easy.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Sheer genius... LOL

I'm #2, for #2

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let er rip,,,, tater chip

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess one never knows when the "call" needs to be answered, or what "lurks" at the "calling place"..........
It was a very warm September afternoon. The early bowhunt was in full swing. Not a creature was stirring so I, in full gillie camo decided to take a nice little nap inside a thick growth of Mtn. Mahogany. Sometime into my nap, was awakened by curious grunting. I opened my eyes to see a big brown-eyed cyclops!!!!! I SCREAMED
HEEEYYY!!! The guy was 'bout to lay a load on me!!! I thought I would load-up my own pants, laughing. The guy just "duck-walked" into the brush and disappered; himself laughing.....

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LMAO! Eeker dancing

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ldkier:
Guess one never knows when the "call" needs to be answered, or what "lurks" at the "calling place"..........
It was a very warm September afternoon. The early bowhunt was in full swing. Not a creature was stirring so I, in full gillie camo decided to take a nice little nap inside a thick growth of Mtn. Mahogany. Sometime into my nap, was awakened by curious grunting. I opened my eyes to see a big brown-eyed cyclops!!!!! I SCREAMED
HEEEYYY!!! The guy was 'bout to lay a load on me!!! I thought I would load-up my own pants, laughing. The guy just "duck-walked" into the brush and disappered; himself laughing.....

i wouldnt have shit, for a week.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

One of my hunting partners was hidden in a little ridgetop bowl waiting for a Montana antelope when he felt moved, went up over the edge of the bowl to take care of the matter and thereupon saw a band of antelope within rock-throwing distance. Of course his rifle was back in the bottom of the bowl with his backpack and his lunch. Oh well.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I try to get up in time to drink a cup of strong coffee, that usualy eliminates the problem for me.

I did have to pee from my stand while bowhunting once and had two different small bucks seperately come to investigate. I wish I knew how to duplicate that attractant. Most interesting was that both, as soon as they sniffed the wet spot, looked strait up at me somehow knowing exactly were it came from.

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
If I even think I might have to "pinch a loaf" while up in a stand, I skip it and ground hunt. That or wait, and head to the stand later. Although, I can admit to once or twice calling it a day and coming down early.

I can also add, have some sympathy for fighter pilots stuck in a small cockpit for hours on end and having a slight case of diarrhea... There is no place to lean over and go; just to sit and stew.... Frowner
(from stories my dad told me)

PS- some of those guys vomit more than you would think too, and have to live with that as well in there. I've heard many radio calls asking for an aircraft to be met on the ramp with a cloth/sponge and a bucket of water..

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember it well. It was back in 1949, Labor Day weekend. I was all of 11 years old and on my first ever deer hunt. They had my dad and me sitting on a pile of lava rocks while they did a drive hoping to run one past us.
Well, being a kid and having what must have been one hell of an adrenaline rush, naturally I had go. I climbed down off the rock pile, Winchester M94 30-30 in one hand and a roll of film for the Brownie in the other and found a convenient bush to set the rifle against and proceeded to do the deed. I hear a noise of to my right and here comes a nice 4x4 buck completely oblivious to me presence. (Guess the wind must have been just right.) Still squatting, I reach over, grab the 30-30, thumb the hammer back and shoot the deer in the back of the head. Several things happened all at once. One, the rifle, held improperly slapped my on the jaw, trhe deer dropped DRT and the recoil dropped my right in the smelly mess I'd recently deposited. Well, it took a full roll of film for the Brownie, two canteens of water and my under shirt to clean me up, but I got my deer. You can only imagine the ribbing I got back at camp.
The part that really amazes me is, I was shaking so damn bad trying to aim at that deer that it had to be luck all round. Good luck for me and bad luck for that deer.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted Hide Post
That's why I Always carry "OppS!! I crapped my pants"!!! Be sure to check out the hunters scented "Opps! I crapped my pants" coming out this year.

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figure; If one has to make a decision to hunt or shit; forgot to shit in the first place. probably forgot the "bung fodder" too!!!
What do 'ya do?? Trade the shirt tail of your favorite huntin' shirt, or cash in the couple of 1's, 10's or twentys in your wallet? How 'bout the hunting license....In WA. State it would be worth it as far as the huntin' goes....Oh, YES..picture of an old girlfriend/boyfriend or former spouse. The resources are endless..

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't eat chili before or during a hunt and never wash it down with cheap whiskey and beer.

Free speech has been executed on the altar of political correctness.

Posts: 100 | Location: Canada | Registered: 27 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
You choice?

Too funny...

The question remains, "WWHCD" (What Would Hot Core Do)... Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
quote:
You choice?

Too funny...

The question remains, "WWHCD" (What Would Hot Core Do)... Big Grin

how ya been brad?
Cohiba. Big Grin