Notify
Tools

Opinion on the .375 Ruger?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted
Howdy folks,

I'm interested to see if anyone hqas any opinions on the .375 Ruger. It is a new cartridge I know, but soome of you guys may have used it or reserched it/ Any thoughts?

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Where were you a couple of weeks ago when this topic was HOT!?

Seriously, I think you'll find that the majority feel that it's a fine round for North America but those wanting to hunt Africa will probably stick to the H&H because of ammo availability and nostalgia. Ballisticly it's a coin toss, they'll both do the same thing to game. I've got the Alaskan version and am very pleased.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jim
you aren't jim "i hate black rifles" zumbo are you?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Z.:
Howdy folks,

I'm interested to see if anyone hqas any opinions on the .375 Ruger. It is a new cartridge I know, but soome of you guys may have used it or reserched it/ Any thoughts?

It might, and I do stress MIGHT, be suitable for smaller jackrabbits or squirrels. Might not want to push your luck though. Big Grin

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
Okay guys, let's get this straight form the git go.

I AM NOT JIM ZUMBO! dancing

*we band of 45-70ers*

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim Zumbo would know how to use the AR search function.

Perhaps Jim Z. likes stirring the pot? horse

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Why does everyone who posts something even remotely controversial on this forum get instantly accused of either:

Being someone else who has posted about said subject before

Being a troll

Beating a dead horse

Stirring the pot

Etc.

Why is it instantly expected that everyone should use the search feature instead of just asking their question? If you don't like the question, stop reading. If you've seen enough on the subject, don't open the thread. Simple, isn't it?

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
I did not intend to stir the pot. My question was sincere. Having read on this thread that it had been discussed before, I found the other thread and read it. Thank you

I may piss in your pot, but I won't stir it.

pissers

*we band of 45-70ers*

Malon Labe!

One of Us
Picture of Trophyman
posted Hide Post
Jim Z.,

I got the African version. So far, I love it. Handles well, shoots well. Had a Limb Saver pad installed. Love it even more. I especially like having one because then I can tell the Preparation H&H guys my .375 is faster, more powerful, flatter shooting, has a shorter action and is "New and Improved" over their "OLD FASHIONED" "OUTDATED" rifle.
I like watching them roll their eyes back in their head and start breathing heavy. They don't know if they're coming or going. But-- it's still fun.
Wait til the RCM starts taking attention away from the Preparation H&H. It will all start again.
Fun, huh?
Trophyman

Benefactor Member NRA
SCI
California Rifle & Pistol Assoc.
Drive a 69 Chevelle SS396

Posts: 145 | Location: Bakersfield, CA. | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote