Tools

Big Game Hunting Humor
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
The lengths some go to!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A young woman was on vacation in the depths of Louisiana. She wanted to take home a pair of genuine alligator shoes in the worst way. . . but was very reluctant to pay the high prices the local vendors were asking for the highly prized shoes.

After becoming very frustrated with the "no haggle on prices" attitude of one of the shopkeepers, the blonde shouted, "Well then, maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator, so I can get a pair of shoes at a decent price!"

The shopkeeper said with a sly, knowing smile, "Little lady, y'all just go and give it a try, why don'cha! "

The blonde turned on her heel and headed out toward the swamps, determined to catch herself an alligator. Later in the day, as the shopkeeper is driving home, he pulls over to the side of the levee where he spots that same young woman standing waist deep in the murky bayou water, shotgun in hand. Just then, he spots a huge 9-foot gator swimming rapidly toward her.

With lightning speed, she takes aim, kills the creature . . .and, with a great deal of effort, hauls it onto the slimy swamp bank. Lying nearby were several more of the dead creatures. The shopkeeper stands on the bank and watches this scenario in amazed silence.

Just then, the blonde struggles and flips the gator on its back. Then, rolling her eyes heaven-ward and screaming in great frustration, she shouts out, "Damn, this one is barefoot, too!"

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Ann,
That's great!!!
Sounds like something my exwife would do.
Russ

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harr! Harr! Harr!..Chuckle...That makes me laugh! ( You had me worried for a minute with her waist deep in the swamp with a beast approaching!)

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That was the whole idea.

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote