New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo shortage
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The new ammo shortage is pretty grim at best and reloading supplies gone .The riots and looting triggered alot of it .Dickd sports quit selling ammo and guns now Wal-Mart is dropping ammo sales in most of its stores around cities .Thhey had just quit handgun ammo and 223 ammo sales last year .If reminton hoes out if business they are one of the largest ammo makers then they don't need gun control because we will have no ammo to be bought .I went to 5 places today and most were all the way out of ammo or very little .If Biden gets in they won't have to ban guns just finish off the ammo supply . There are no 22 shells at all no pistol ammo no buckshot or slugs no 223 .This is the perfict storm .I hope Trump gets back in or we will have no ammo at all !

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
neither will the guys your shooting at so it all washes out.

I was down in the valley looking on the shelves, semi sort of, as I cruised past.
there looked to be at least 6 brands of 40 short ammo sitting there.
I don't own a 40 and never have so I cared less than them not having any 9mm, or maybe they did I didn't look.

instead of slacking off and walking past pallets of the stuff marked 1.99 on sale a few months back I took advantage of not needing to buy any then either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
No I doubt any riot caused an ammo shortage. The tweekers have been buying it up for their perceived end of the world come November. Just like happened last time.

diggin space

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2804 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Anymore it seems to happen every election year.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's funny every one bought 9 mm pistols and now it's impossible to find .I like my 260 Remington because I can use 243 , 7mm08 and 308 brass to make it with .The 6.5 cm can't be made from any regular brass .Primers are selling for $100 a 1000 crazy .I hope Trump gets back in and the ammo comes back .I have alot but you never have enough for crap hits the fan .Our skeet range had to be closed because of the virus first now the ammo shortage .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My dad told me the story about not being able to afford ammo during the depression and then not being able to buy ammo during WWII.

In took it to heart.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
My dad told me the story about not being able to afford ammo during the depression and then not being able to buy ammo during WWII.

In took it to heart.

PD: funny you should mention that. This morning during my run I was thinking how guys like Jack O'Connor could even hunt during WWII - everything was devoted to the war effort. What did you dad say about it?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The story I remember is he was working in Milwaukee at the time making bomb casings.

He would take the train to his folks place in Northern Wis for deer season.

He stopped at a gun store to buy ammo for his model 64.

The store would only sell him 5 rounds of 30-30 so they have some to sell to other hunters.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have a lifetime supply for every firearm I own with pleanty to spare for the estate.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no 223 or 300 blackout ammo around central Florida.

No 9mm ammo. 22 rim fire is getting scarce.

Plenty of 6.5 and 308 and nearly all rifle ammo.

Guns are tight too. But no price gouging.

People like sitting with lawn chairs on Sunday outside academy waiting for 9mm and handgun ammo when the truck comes.

I wish I had more 9mm ammo. I just got a sig p210 and I would like to shoot it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I have a lifetime supply for every firearm I own with pleanty to spare for the estate.

You and about 10 Million other shooters. We go through these cycles. Since ammunition (and components) have an almost infinite lifetime, tons of this stuff will eventually show up in garage sales by widows trying to get that shit out of the house and it will go for pennies on the dollar. It happens over and over. No reason for the cycle to be any different this time.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
During these times I like to only trade things. Currently I need ____ , and have ______ for trade. This past year I went through about 5000 rounds on varmints (burrowing rodents), and probably have enough components for the 2021 campaign....but it's going to be close. In 2022 I might have to try archery on ground squirrels.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A buddy called me today, said he was in a gun shop + the guy had SP primers for $1.00 per box of 100. Wanted to know if he should buy some. I told him all you can afford.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote