THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Story with pictures about wolf taking down doe whitetail?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Story with pictures about wolf taking down doe whitetail?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not to start another wolf topic but I'm looking for a story that I saw on here a while ago with pictures of a wolf taking bites out of the hams of a doe whitetail. The guy saw the whole thing happen and had a ton of pictures.

There is a guy on another forum who can't fathom the thought of a whitetail being taken down by coyotes and I'd like to show him this hunting tactic in great detail. This was brought about by some trail cam pictures of a buck being taken down by two coyotes.

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is amazing that anybody on a hunting or shooting forum could not think that a coyote can take a deer. Where has he been hiding?

Posts: 224 | Location: North Platte, Nebraska | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Per his screen name, somewhere in the south.

No offense to you southern folk. Wink

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
FWIW, southern coyotes do behave differently that your northern hybrids and aren't quite as effective as pack hunters. Yours have some wolf genetics ours are lacking.

But they sure do eat deer if an opportunity arises or during sever drought when lesser game is more scarce. Mostly fawns or vulnerable adults. A mature healthy doe is not nearly as vulnerable down here.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being from North Louisianna, I can say with a lot of certainty that as our coyote population increases, our whitetail population decreases.
The last 3 years have really brought this to light.
We also have ferral dog problems as jerks either haul off their neighbors annoying dog or one of their own that they don't want to feed anymore, these dogs form packs & run deer year round.
Some believe they even inner breed with the coyotes.
Our deer sitings are down & interest in our hunting lease may suffer if we don't do some predator control & soon.
I'm not out to eliminate the coyote, as I enjoy listening to an evening serenade from them, but I definitly believe we better control their numbers or start fishing in the winter.

quote:
GUNS HAVE ONLY 2 ENEMIES-RUST & POLITICIANS

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote