Notify
Tools

Re: RMEF Banquet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted
JD's got it as far as I could see.

Preservation of this "magnificent" animal! For heavens sake don't kill one!! Unless, of course, you do it with a bow and spend hours in reverent contemplation of the deed and your now exalted status.

I was a member for several years, bought a rifle at auction and won another in a raffle (both at the same banquet!). Then I read a little of the magazine instead of just looking at the beautiful pictures.

Refuse to renew and wouldn't go to another banquet (unless the ticket is in the name of someone else who can't attend - food and booze both quite good ). Too "green" an organization, you betcha Red Ryder!

BTW, the best thing to happen to a wolf is a through and through killing shot and being dumped into a lake. The radio tracking devices don't work well under water.

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting story about a wolf. One of the tracking collars is or was sending a signal from the bottom of Buffalo Bill resevoir this winter. No one could figure out if the wolf drowned and sank to the bottom or if his collar fell off while swimming the lake. Or what else could of happend?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting RMEF vs SCI. I attended the RMEF banquet this year because they had the option to attend without rejoining the org. which I did. The SCI banquet is much better bang for the attednee's buck as 70% of the bottom line from the banquet stay locally and you don't have to jump thru the hoops to get funds for local use.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess now I have heard it all. An organization whose only stated purpose is to conserve and enhance habitat is "too green".

WTF? Should a habitat organization build some freeways or run a game farm to make you guys happy? "The stories are are too touchy-feely". Give me a break. Not everyone gets the same out of hunting. How is that a problem to you?

Jagter, what you call "a better deal" is really a weakness when you look at it from all sides. An organization like the RMEF is able to "do" huge projects, often involving many millions of dollars. Our SCI chapter has done some pretty good stuff, too, but they cannot handle the larger projects. Likewise with Pheasants Forever. Good organizations, good people, but they do not have the ability to buy out a 5,000 acre ranch that is being threatened by development when the opportunity arises. That ability to do truly significant projects is unique to the RMEF.

In the end, you have to spend your money where the animals are, when the opportunity arises. JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Listen to madgoatfucker. He's a regular fuckin' prodigy when it comes to conservation.

Never seen sci do anything in wyoming. That might be so. But were talking about the same asshole that has never seen a wygf game warden,driving a powerstroke either. Then again goatchoker is only 17 years old so he hasn't seen a whole lot.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RMEF is still pro wolf and wolves are killing elk by the droves.

It isn't political, it is about preserving elk and defending elk. And the RMEF sits on there hands with thier thumbs up thier ass doing nothing or saying nothing except that wolves are part of a balanced and healthy eco system!

YUP YUP That is what the bastards told me. Screw em!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just remember Dutch, you're dealing with some folk here who don't give a rats behind about critters 51 weeks out of the year, but whine when there isn't a 30" buck behind every bush or 350 class bull roadside opening day.
No organization can make (or ever has made) EVERYONE happy...just a fact of human nature. What I do know, is that RMEF does a lot of projects that benefit wildlife and wild places. If some folks here can't agree to that, they should keep to the cement jungle where they live.
For what it is worth, I have lived in Wyoming my whole life and don't recall (just off the top of my head) one project that SCI has ever done to benefit wildlife in this state...

MG