New
Find
Notify
Tools

AZ Draw
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any info on the AZ Fall Draw using the Net.
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was canceled May 21st, You must apply by paper application mailed in by the due date. They did extend the deadline until June 26th, 2007. You would think they could get it right finally! They cancelled the service provider contract due to a bond posting issue.
The Arizona Game and Fish Department has really gone down hill the past few years. They are trying to put more hunters in the field during poor hunting times to earn more income and quiet critics who say they never get drawn. Unfortunately, we only have "X" amount of animals and are in a major drought. They are killing 30+ years of quality management for quantity management. I drew an antelope permit after 27 years of putting in! Drew and killed an archery bull elk last year after 13 years and had the best hunt of my life. We do have some great hunts but in the direction the department is going they may be gone fast. What are you looking to apply for? You can download the forms online at www.azgfd.org. Just mail them early they need to be received by June 26 not just postmarked.

Posts: 102 | Location: Queen Creek, Arizona | Registered: 16 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
AK,

See the press release I posted in this section a few days ago.

AZ Online Apps Cancelled

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cousetaxi
Thanks..
Tony
Must have missed that one..Thanks..
Wonder if all that personal info that the unbondable service received is going to come back to hurt some of us.. You'd think AZf&g would have not signed/ok a contract with "The Unbondable"..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unit5A
posted Hide Post
Cousetaxi- actually, the AZGFD polled a lot of hunters here and they voted to have more hunts, even if it was not the best of times, i.e. the ruts etc. Seems most prefer just a chance to go, even if success rates are lower when they do. I wasn't among them, (I received a voting input email from the department) but that's what happened.
Fortunitely I have been luckier on draws than you in the past 20 years, sheesh, you've had it rough. I'm going on my third Antelope hunt this year, and have drawn Elk numerous times (usually cow though). Good luck.

"Hunt smart, know your target and beyond"

Posts: 394 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 20 May 2007Reply With Quote