THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Outfitters squeezing out the average man!!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outfitters squeezing out the average man!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes, I sure would love to know where in the Bill of Rights or anywhere else that it says hunting is a right. No such thing beeman. Owning a gun is a right, hunting is a PRIVILEGE.

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 05-04-2002).]

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Beemanbeme, this discussion is getting to be almost laughable......

You can curse and slander anybody you want to on this thread any way you want to, including me (you're really shakin' everybody up with that erudite diction of yours), but legally you don't have a leg to stand on. It's like John said: As American's, we're guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms, but we are NOT guaranteed the right to hunt, and we are certainly not guaranteed the right to hunt for free any ol' place we want to pitch a tent. You can remain in denial and fly into a tizzy over this set of realities until hell won't have it, but it just happens to be the truth, like it or not.

AD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAG:

Still it comes back to the dollar. Like I have said, I have no problem paying some farmer to hunt his land, its his, but when a huge corperation comes in and buys hundreds of thousands of acres, or guides snag all of the tags and double the price, thats abit harder to swallow.

JAG,

How are the outfitters getting ahold of those tags? Is there a set aside program whereby guides and outfitters are guaranteed tags and the average citizen has to wait for a tag in a random drawing?

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I read this thread, I just thank the good Lord I don't live in the USA.

358 Mark,
I understand your situation (Sask boy myself)
and can sympathize. Perhaps if you went to SERM depredation tags could be issued??

A close friend of mine had similar problems with elk in his hay, and under pressure, SERM put out bales in the travel routes to intercept the elk before they got to his stacks.

[This message has been edited by Johnny Ringo (edited 05-04-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post

Gentlemen,
Sometimes,when the issues get to be too serious I throw my hands up to the heavens and start muttering.Dont you guys know that you have No rights? ,that everything belongs to the government?,nevermind this so called Bill of Rights!Are you really willing to fight against your government to get those rights? and do you really think you have any chance in hell to win?For those that still believe in what the were told in school-I feel sorry,things have changed since the constitution was drafted.We now are CONTROLLED by government,does it really matter that it is "our" government? In a small way it probably does although even that can be debated.Can it be worse?OF course-much worse.I can hear all the furious replies that this is the best and the free.Well maybe it is- from the currently available crop.Government by its nature breeds corruption and abuse of power,the founding fathers knew that and limited government.Something happened since---
Then we have the crowd that derives power from the written word ,the bill of rights does not specify hunting to be a right--probably so.It also specifies that peeing and breathing is a privilege,and although we the government in our wisdom have not imposed restrictions to above activities,for the last 6 years have seriously looked at them,together with their devastating impact on the environment.We are considering getting a handle on the issue.We have overwhelming support in both houses to institute a tax on both activities,at the moment it is still debated whether it should be applied by volume used/emitted or per person.
What does all this have to do with hunting rights you might ask.Dont you get it.YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS,you have the illusion of rights,and when you realize the illusion you become frustrated and mad.
PS,prior to sending of this note I book a trip into the bush and disconnect all my E-mail, 'fraid to get shot by a honest goodhearted fellow that believes and defends---.

shepphunter

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here in Missouri, if you don't own property that can be hunted on or if you don't know a landowner that will let you hunt on his property, you can always hunt public land. I've never heard of a landowner being able to or trying to block access to public land. A lot of landowners will let people hunt on their property without permission as long as they don't shoot their the farm animals, cut their fences or leave the gates open. I am fortunate in that I have large number of relatives and friends who own large amounts of land so I can hunt in a variety of places.

Posts: 598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sheephunter,
Do you know of a better place?? Do you have a solution other than whining??

I've been to most of the other countries and I kinda like this country and I have not forfeited any rights as yet.

there is no such thing as complete freedom, your rights stop where my nose begins.

America, Love it or leave it.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hah,got you
I had been waiting for the love or leave it folks.No Ray,as I said,dont know of a better place - which does mean I love it --does not mean I leave it.Means bitching is good for the soul.
sheephunter

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No we don't have very many rights and the reason we don't, is because we're so quick to give up the rights we do have.
Historically a democracy is a short lived system and the way our goverment is run today,history will repeat itself.
No hunting isn't mentioned in the bill of rights. You can speculate as to why it isn't,chances are the founding members of the constitution simply didn't envision the problems we are encountering today. You can also speculate that hunting is covered under a blanket of rights described in the constitution. The constitution doesn't cover alot of situations ecountered today,such as issues of technology. This doesn't mean rights don't exsist,it means the goverment has found ways around them. If the goverment admitted that hunting was a right,they'd have to rework the entire system and in the process lose control,just like allowing indians to hunt year round.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I just don't understand the doomsday bunch, I can't see where I have given up any rights..I see some being challanged by the oposition and that is disturbing, I belong to the NRA and contribute greatly to them as I believe they are our best line of self defense..If I have my rights challanged then I fight it..Pissin and moaning doesn't help much. Better to be specific and do something about it.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
You are absolutely 100% on the money,you have to fight to keep something.You apparently also are young at heart and not tired out or have given up and became sarcastic.I think that is wonderful and we need fighters like you.Unfortunately I dont count myself among the fighters,not because I am weak but because I believe to understand "the system",maybe differently than you.The "system" is too big to a handful to fight,the stupidity of the decision makers too big,my funds and time too limited.Yes I am moaning but I cannot really change things.Make the best of what is-while you can is my motto.And while I support your attitude and spirit- with all respect-I suggest that you really cannot change things either.The wolves are running loose in the northwest killing elk and deer we compete with,as a payoff some deskjocky gets all warm around the heart knowing that "the wild west" is being re-established.
Nevermind that we are together running out of space,space that we all compete for.
sheephunter

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those "douche bags" that come to Wyoming every year from out of state to hunt. Over a period of about 15 years the rancher that ownes the land I usually hunt on has become a close friend. I don't think this rancher would agree that out of state hunters are not welcome. In fact, I have found very few people who are hostile about it. Us "douche bags" dump millions of dollars into Wyoming's economy every fall and its damn well needed. I suspect its that way in many other states. The game doesn't "belong" to anyone regardless of where they live. Like it or not hunting is like most other activities - you play, you pay. Get used to it or take up golf.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only reason it's become pay more to play every year,is because the "douche bags" have caused it be that way. The outfitters and ranchers pimp out wildlife and the douche bags from out of state pay through the nose to kill it. The part about dumping millions into the economy is part of the bullshit that the local chamber of commerce likes to push. When you look at who makes money you'll find its Gas stations a few motels and resturants,most of which are owned by corporations that send the money out of state anyway.

posted Hide Post
Us "douche bags" really have it all over you locals don't we. We get maybe 10% of the licenses and pay 10 times the price for them- to the state game dept. We didn't set the prices, YOUR game depts did. As out of state hunters, we HAVE to hire a guide to hunt in most, if not all, wilderness areas that are federal lands! Those acres belong to us just as much as they belong to the residents of that particular state. And yet, we get a miniscule amount of the tags for them AND have to pay through our damned nose to hire the guides on top of it. We have our meat processed by a local processor, we stay in otels, we eat in local restaurants. maybe they all aren't locally owned, but those dollars we spend generate local tax revenues that stay there. Yeah, us "douche bags" really f*cked it up for you cowboys. Give me a break.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats right john s,your eagerness to pay out the ass,has fucked it up for the general population.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some states, VT I know, as thats where I live has hunting rights guranteed. The state constitution says you can hunt any un-posted land public or private. i'm a farmer/landowner. we let plenty of people hunt, but it can get mighty overwhelming at times! I also think chargeing is illegle here .. not positive on that, but the folks that do hunt here are the ones that chip in and give us a hand time to time. Thats means alot!!

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is all this crap about huge greedy corporations grabbing up your land and sending away your money out of state. Do you even know what a corporation is? A corporation is literally the smallest business you can own.

How much do you think it costs to own your own business? How about a restaurant? 50,000 minimum? 200,000 more likely? Is that too much, Mom? Pop? Why don't you log onto Scottrade and buy McDonalds then? If you did that today, you could be in business for $29.80. You don't have to be a "douche bag" to scrape that kind of cash together, and every time someone needs a Big Mac, he's got to come to you. Want a bigger piece of the pie? Buy ten or a hundred shares, or heck, $50,000 worth. Who do you think made out better, the guy who put $10,000 of his own money into a restaurant and worked his ass off for the last thirty years running his wonderful restaurant or the guy who put $10,000 of his own money into McDonalds shares thirty years ago? (Hint, well over half of small businesses fail, and you'd be able to buy yourself around $300,000 worth of land to hunt on, plus whatever money you accumulated working your regular job, if you'd bought McDonalds.)

Don't like the restaurant business? How about retail? Go to any small town, and ask people how easy it is to start or run a small business. Their answer will usually include the phrase "Wal Mart". Listen to the ones who said they saw the writing on the wall back in '90 and hedged their bets by putting, say, $20,000 into "Wal Mart" stock. They've got $220,000 to show for it. What other small business could you have started in 1990 for $20,000 and been ahead 11-fold today, without even having to take inventories on days you'd rather be fishing? What if they only had $2000? Today they've got $22,000, and they're only 12 years older than they were. Plenty of time and money to invest in your other small businesses ($2000 worth of Phillip Morris in '91, $2000 worth of GE in '92... these wouldn't have been bad moves, and by now you can see that not every one of these companies has to do well for you to end up doing well. If all your money is tied up in one little store, that store darned well does have to do well if you don't fancy losing it all.). And don't tell me you can't scrape together $2000 to invest. There are lots of guys who make $2000 less a year than you do, and they didn't starve to death. Why don't you get started now?

I really can't sympathise with people who sit back and whine about how much money "corporations" are making and how these "corporations" are driving out the the "little guy" (people with hundreds of thousands or millions in their "small business")*. All these whiners have to do is buy a few shares and cash in on these huge corporate profits. Really, honest, they're almost all under $60 a share.

Sincerely,

H. C.

*not that there's anything wrong with that

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow henry you're a regular fuckin' Charles Schwab. Maybe with all your expertise,you could help get the market back up to where it was?

Who gives a shit if corporations are owned by stockholders,the majority are still governed by a owner with 51% of the stock who calls the shots and the rest are run by a board. None of this prevents a corporation from entering the market of public lands and grazing,to show a profit loss. Which is exactly what happens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

[This message has been edited by HenryC470 (edited 05-12-2002).]

One of Us
posted Hide Post

RMK,

I certainly wouldn't want to "help get the market back up to where it was". With the declines in prices lately, I'm inclined to believe it is easier to find companies worth buying.

I'm not sure what a profit loss is, but as an owner of, say, Amalgamated Wood Products Inc., I didn't put my money there so my management could use it to pay taxes for the support of midnight basketball and Robert Maplethorpe exhibits. I also didn't put it there so the local idiots could ride around on four wheelers, break their necks rolling over in my ditch, and then try to get rich at my expense in civil court. If people would have taken responsibility for their own actions, instead of foisting the responsibility on "corporations" with "deep pockets" (and most of those pockets are in the pants of people who are not millionaires), you'd see a lot more corporate land open for hunting.

H. C.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I get the impression that some on this board would like to turn this whole country into a welfare state so they wouldn't have to pay for anything, wouldn't have to work for a living or do anything but hunt and fish free anywhere on this earth. Now thats not a bad idea but it just ain't gonna work...Besides one would become a lazy worthless bastard pretty quick, maybe some have as we speak! and that statement is not directed at anyone in particular, simply a statment of fact.

Sheephunter,
You may be correct, but I'm not ready to accept that, and I think that apathy is our biggest danger.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

posted Hide Post
RMK,
If you can ever scrape up enough money to hunt out-of-state for something not available in your backyard, you might find yourself willing to pay extra for the experience.

Of course, then you'd be one of the "douche bags" you've been complaining about, wouldn't you?

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No the douche bags are the ones who come out and pay an outfitter to hunt. The guy from out of state that self guides himself on public lands,isn't the guy contributing to the mess we have going.

posted Hide Post

[This message has been edited by John S (edited 05-12-2002).]

posted Hide Post
Oh, so it's okay if we hunt by ourselves. Then what are we supposed to do if we'd like to hunt a "wilderness area" where by law we MUST hire a licensed guide. You know, there are folks that live back east that enjoy and appreciate being out in the middle of nowhere, just like you locals. Why should we stay home? That land belongs to us too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's right,it's ok to hunt by yourself. The self guided people aren't the ones contributing to this outfitter set aside tag bullshit,it's the guys paying for an outfitter that fuels it. Just like requiring a nonresident to have an outfitter for wildreness areas,it's just more outfitter sanctioned bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RMK,

What percentage of game tags are set aside for outfitters and guides in your state?

H. C.

one of us
posted Hide Post
No tags are being set aside YET. It's currently before the commission and I'm sure it's a matter of time until the outfitters association lines the right pockets and gets it passed. Other western states have this system and I'm sure wyoming will follow.

[This message has been edited by RMK (edited 05-12-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gosh, maybe I'm not a "douche bag" after all. I really don't use outfitters - never have, never will. I feel that if I can't get the job done by myself it just won't get done. However, that is just a personal thing. I don't knock those who do use them even though I think the outfitters are often trying to rig the system as in those wilderness areas in Wyoming where out of state hunters are forced to use their services or stay out. RMK, I would have thought you would love those guys. Think of all the out of state potential douche bags who can't hunt those areas because they can't afford the outfitters fees. Seems to me the outfitters are unwittingly doing you a service.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Except for around Yellowstone,most wilderness area hunting is way over rated and if you intend to kill anything,you'll most often find yourself hunting outside of wilderness any way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
RMK,
your opinion re "douche bags" equal out of state hunters utilizing paid outfitters - IMHO - is very much onesided and maybe does not address the problems of those "douche bags" .I am certain the phrase is meant to be derogatory ,so I shall done that glove.
Allow me to enlighten you how "we" think.
I am a professional,while I would like to live and work in WY ,because of the possible outdoors activity,I cannot afford to do so.I chose to move where I can work and earn a living as I am not on welfare and have no chance getting there if I wanted .
Now- as you see ,I am pretty much forced to live where I cannot play - period.But I still want to play,just like you.That opens two problems.
1: I have to go "out of state",I never liked
that categorization,because now I get ripped of by those state governments to hunt/fish on
US soil,chances are its federal land.
that aside,because I cannot afford to spend significant time in anyone area ,I am unfamiliar with it,it takes time to learn the land and game habits.I do not have that time,reason :I am working on my job.
2: I donot like road hunting.That means I got to get "into" the country to enjoy it.
should I be so fortunate to succeed in a hunt,I have to get the meat and myself as well as the minimal gear out.I cannot do that on foot by myself,I need horses and prefer them over trucks.
So my fancy limits me to a "foreign "place,
I need a guide of some experience and I need transportation,preferably horses.How do I get that?I hire and pay an outfitter.His price is always tooo high ,but dictated by what he can get away with,its a market economy.Socialism ,they say,doesnt work.Never worked for me,meaning I could never entice people to work for/with me for no pay,they never accept my attitude as pay.
Soooo,if you get my drift,I am dependant on good outfitters which are few.I also believe to have the same right to hunt as any local,
unless we erect fences across state lines.If we start that we might as well do it right and keep the "out of towners" out,why stop at the state border?
Well ,its usually impossible to change ones mind and I have no hope of changing yours,but for the record,lets be fair to everyone.
I think what you are really complaining about is that there is not enough for everyone,so lets keep what we have to ourselves.YOu can try to live with that attitude,chances are you will fail-economically.

regards
sheephunter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jesse, I think I understand your problem or shall I say complaint. After reading the first page of posts I see this has went from a complaint about not being able to hunt where you live to a WHO should be allowed to hunt or what someone should sacrafice to hunt. Let me say I believe we as Americans all should have the right to hunt game in this country. But I also believe it should not be made so only the rich can do it.
Now by this I do not meen outfitters should not be able to sell their tags for whatever they can get from them. But I believe they should be limited somehow as to how many they can get. In my opinion the Tags should be sold to the hunters not the outfitter/rancher. Tags could be sold on a first come first serve to state residents first then a few days later out of state residents. The hunter could then hire the outfitter or pay a tresspass fee. I fortunatly live in a state where you the hunter buy your tags and it is up to you to find a place to hunt. Only Doe tags for deer are limited and they are sold by a county to county specific number. County residents get to buy theirs first. In a couple weeks the tags then go on sell for out of county and out of state hunters. You can also apply for an extra tag if all the tags are not sold. Of course these tags are to be used by the owner and are not transferable. Never having the opertunity to hunt outside of PA. any other way is strange to me. I do know the President of the Company I work for goes all over hunting. His last trip was not for Grizzly Bear but when he got a nice one in his sights the outfitter just told him how much it would cost and Bamm he shot it. I guess the outfitter holds the tags and they are for sell. He had the money to buy it. Now I do not hold it against this man as he earns every penny he makes. He runs a very sucessfull company that keeps many men employed with very good jobs. But if a local man can not buy the tags for the same price as the outfitter that is not fair. Sure let outfitters and ranchers buy some tags to sell but not all of them. The local people who support the local economy have a right to enjoy the use of the land and game their tax dollars support. Again I am fortunate to have a place to hunt and am always looking to secure more land to hunt. Someday I might even be able to buy a piece of land. Of course I don't get to hunt anything but deer, turkey and smallgame. The bear population is getting better and this year I plan to try for black bear. I can only imagine what it would be like to be able to actually hunt trophys or animals like Elk, Moose, or my all time dream Sheep.

------------------
Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No sheephunter,there is enough for everyone if things are managed properly. The problem is certain individuals like outfitters and ranchers want to restrict what belongs to all of us,so they can make a buck at our exspense.
As for your lecture on why you use a guide,you don't need to use a guide. In fact the vast majority of big game animals can easily be taken without the aid of horses,an outfitter or whatever else. It's just easy to set back and let someone else do all the hard work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, opinions are like, well, you know. ...and they all stink to somebody....

I think part of the reason for peoples' views to vary so widely is we are all from different backgrounds...but mainly we all live in different places. The rules are different from state to state!

Here's my family's situation (Montana):

Ranchers get tags somehow? I wish! My family's place has probably 50-100 "surplus" whitetails eating all our feed and yet my dad can only shoot one buck a year. He can't get anybody from out of state a tag. All he can do is "sponsor" people to increase their chances in a drawing slightly. I got one this year, my brother didn't. Yes, I'll be paying more than $300 just to shoot one deer in my own backyard.

Crop damage reimburstment? Yeah, right. Since my great grandfather homesteaded the place in the late 1800's, we haven't gotten a penny. The state did give us a roll of woven wire once to help protect our haystacks during the winter but that's all. The deer eat thousands worth of feed every year and we pay for it. We don't complain, that's just the way it is. We like having lots of deer...you can't have it both ways. But yes, we feed those deer, the taxpayers most certainly do not.

That's enough for now....

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
<jeremy w>
posted
ahh nevermind

[This message has been edited by jeremy w (edited 05-16-2002).]

<jeremy w>
posted
Also, we might as well stop this thread as it is only taking up space.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Jon A with so many surplus deer,has it ever occured to your old man that maybe letting the public kill off that mystical 50 - 100 deer might result in less animal damages. Probably not,he more then likely just pisses and moans.The thought of letting someone hunt his place for a reasonable price or as a last resort and I stress "last resort" for free,just makes him sick.

It's nothing less than ironic when some rancher cries about having to support wildlife and being over run by them. Yet they could let hunters in and be done with the problem and not even have to look far, for enough people to gratefully do the job.

Then there was part about how I'm a rancher or farmer and I didn't get a red cent in welfare from the goverment. Well to get to the bottom of who has and hasn't got a welfare check. Just go to www.ewg.org and enter the name of your favorite rancher or farmer and find out just how much welfare they have recieved.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMK:
Well Jon A with so many surplus deer,has it ever occured to your old man that maybe letting the public kill off that mystical 50 - 100 deer might result in less animal damages. Probably not,he more then likely just pisses and moans.The thought of letting someone hunt his place for a reasonable price or as a last resort and I stress "last resort" for free,just makes him sick.

You're really good at talking out of your ass. My dad DOES let a ton of people hunt on our land for FREE! It isn't like we own half the state, it's only a small ranch. There's a fine line between letting more people hunt and turning your home into a war zone. Just last year we had the thrill of hearing the "snap" of bullets passing over our heads as we stood on our front porch--courtesy of some hunters blasting away at a spike buck from about 700 yds away--on our neighbor's property!

If it was your house, your buildings, your horses and your cattle, your wife, your children dodging those bullets you might understand the need to choose people we let hunt very wisely. I'd bet most on this board are well above this type of behavior, but let's face it most on this board are a serious cut above the average hunter. We all know how many "slob hunters" there are out there and it saddens us. It gives all of us a bad name. It only takes a few bad apples to spoil it for the rest of us. Many land owners have made the mistake of giving a "slob hunter" permission to hunt on his land, lived to regret it and now turn away all hunters.

Even if he did turn the place into a war zone, the dent in the population would pale in comparison with how many deer get killed on the highway that runs through our place for less than 1/2 mile.

quote:
It's nothing less than ironic when some rancher cries about having to support wildlife and being over run by them. Yet they could let hunters in and be done with the problem and not even have to look far, for enough people to gratefully do the job.

See above.

quote:
Then there was part about how I'm a rancher or farmer and I didn't get a red cent in welfare from the goverment. Well to get to the bottom of who has and hasn't got a welfare check. Just go to www.ewg.org and enter the name of your favorite rancher or farmer and find out just how much welfare they have recieved.

Go type "Aadland" into your website (Stillwater County, Mt).

Maybe you missed this fact from your site:

quote:
Ten percent of the biggest (and most profitable) subsidized crop producers absorbed two-thirds of all subsidies, averaging $41,500 in annual payments. The bottom 80 percent of those eligible saw only $1,132 on average per year. Sixty percent of all farmers and ranchers were completely ineligible for program crop subsidies.

Just like any other industry, the big money guys with the big money accountants and big money laywers can milk the system for all it's worth and get away with it. The average honest Joe gets dick.

But you are villainizing all farmers and ranchers because of the acts of a few. That's just as bad as a land owner not allowing hunting because of a bad experience with one slob hunter.

Let's stick to the facts.

[This message has been edited by Jon A (edited 05-16-2002).]

Posts: 920 | Location: Mukilteo, WA | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So Jon,if your dad isn't in the top 80%. Then just how much welfare check did he recieve,you forgot to put that amount in your long winded bullshit post.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your ineptitude is quickly becoming borderline Assclownery!

So you didn't have to take my word for it, I provided you with our name as well as the county and state in which the ranch is located. This was so you could find out for yourself from the website you posted. Did you run into some sort of problem working the keyboard?

We aren't on the list. If you search our county, you'll find the guy at the end of the list (that actually got a positive check) made a grand total of $3.24 over the last six years. That's a whopping $0.58 a year! Call your congressman! He's getting rich by stealing from the government! In case you can't find it yourself, here it is:

http://www.ewg.org/farm/top_recips.php?submitted=true&county=30095&page=27

An intelligent person might have inferred since we aren't on the list at all, our "welfare check" had to be less than Fifty-eight cents a year.

What's wrong? Get an answer from your beloved website that you don't want to believe and the website is no longer valid? It's only valid when it says what you want it too?

Again, from the website YOU posted:

quote:
Sixty percent of all farmers and ranchers were completely ineligible for program crop subsidies.

Which word did you not understand? Would you like m e t o t y p e m o r e s l o w l y ???

[This message has been edited by Jon A (edited 05-18-2002).]