New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Partitions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondered how many of you fine people have had hands on experience using 200gr and 220gr Partitions in their 300 Mag rifles for Big game? (( Elk,Moose,Bear,Etc ))

ThankYou!!!

Posts: 193 | Location: AR | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used them extensively with excellent results in my 300 H&H and 30-06...My standard load for everything is the 200 gr. Nosler and a case full of old surplus 4831..

I have shot everything from dik-dik to Eland and have seen the 220 Nosler used on Buffalo by an old gentleman from Twin Falls, Id. and with amazing results...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Like Ray, I also have had excellent results using the Nosler Partition 200 grain. From Caribou to Oryx the bullet performs flawlessly with my 300 Win Mag. My favorite powder is IMR 4350. Good shooting!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
<csj>
posted
I have had great results with this bullet until I got a shoot at 275-pound wild boar at 35 yards. I was shooting my 300Win Mag 150g bullets. The first shoot came apart on the shoulder and armor. Granted it knocked him down hard and gave me a second shoot that did the trick but I will not shoot them again for boar. I will stick to A-frames for this work.

<phurley>
posted
I shot my 91/2 ft. Brown Bear with a 200 gr. Nosler Partition, with my .300 win mag. A one shot kill, fell in it's tracks, then three more stood up to see what the hell that noise was. The .300 did the job, but the next time I went back I packed a .340 Wby with a 250 gr. Nosler Partition Gold bullet going faster than the .300 and the 200 gr. Good Shooting.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
csj,

150 grains at 35 yards is too fast and too light. I'll bet the 180 or 200 grain Nosler would have done fine. What do you think?
Rich Elliott

------------------
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote