Find
Notify
Tools

Game Cam Photos from Hill Country
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
That you guys might find this interesting. I'll let you scan the ~700 photos on your own. From a game cam I put up on a spot (no feeder) on our place in the Texas Hill Country from April through May. White tail, Axis, Sika, Elk, Hogs, Turkey, and bugs!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ryri9p6ychu5tiv/GihfWpg5z4

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin,Thanks for the pics. Nice part of the world your in. Deer are sure nocturnal.Any idea how many different animals have there? Seems to me, you have more species passing that tree than lve got on 1.2000 acres. SmilerWhat cam do you have?jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
There is a water trough near the area - have about 20 of them on the place. Gravity fed from a central tank on the highest point that is well fed. System must be 40+ years old. Just have to repair the lines when the porcupines eat thru them (we shoot everyone we see because of this) or when the well pump breaks.

I think it's a Moultrie cam. I was $150 or so? No reason for the high dollar ones.

Lots of gas drilling going on now - so lots of road traffic on the ranch - makes the animals nocturnal.

I put one up at a feeder this past weekend - plan to look at when I'm there on Memorial day.

Not sure how many animals we have. We're on 5,200 acres, but it's low fence. If I had to guess, maybe 500+ animals not including hogs.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool pics! I clicked through them fast and it was if they were moving.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
There is a water trough near the area - have about 20 of them on the place. Gravity fed from a central tank on the highest point that is well fed. System must be 40+ years old. Just have to repair the lines when the porcupines eat thru them (we shoot everyone we see because of this) or when the well pump breaks.

I think it's a Moultrie cam. I was $150 or so? No reason for the high dollar ones.

Lots of gas drilling going on now - so lots of road traffic on the ranch - makes the animals nocturnal.

I put one up at a feeder this past weekend - plan to look at when I'm there on Memorial day.

Not sure how many animals we have. We're on 5,200 acres, but it's low fence. If I had to guess, maybe 500+ animals not including hogs.

Thank you for that Austin,great pics from the cam.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
I like the pic of the "rod" on 209.

Now most of us would assume that it's a bird or a bat.

But really, if you adjust your tinfoil hat just so, you can tell it's a Rod.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 399 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote