THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Does anyone have the photo of an elk tied to the top of a car?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone have the photo of an elk tied to the top of a car?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
I used to have a couple pics of a big bull tied to the top of a small car driveing down a highway do any of you have this to share?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have it somewhere, I'm still looking for it.

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
That is classic Big Grin.

A couple of seasons ago we were just heading down the main forest road on opening day when a guy in a car about that size came zooming the other way with one stuffed inside Eeker. It took up most of the car and the driver was smashed up against the steering wheel. We were betting he was high tailing it to Flagstaff to get it processed Wink.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't have the whole elk on top of my car but I shot a nice bull with my bow years ago and was driving a Toyota Tercel. The meat from the bull and the two mule deer inside the car made it drag on the ground nearly all the way home. The Elk rack was tied to the top of the car and was as wide as the car....we sure got lots of looks going down the highway.
WW

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just wonder how the _ _ _ they got it up there.

Posts: 84 | Location: Cleveland Tx | Registered: 25 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a woman that shot it and the land owner was a close friend and put it up there with a front loader.

Posts: 266 | Location: Montana, up on the Highline | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Only in Montana beer

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
I stuffed an elk and mule deer, both skun and quartered, into a Ford 500 trunk and drove 1700 miles. Packed in dry ice and some foam board insulation, they were in perfect condition when I got home. The antlers were harder to get in the car than anything.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend Greg brought a big 6 piont bull out of the Bob Marshel on top of his Le Car once. Funny as Hell!!! But no one got picturesFrowner
Had to look about like that picture.
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote