Find
Notify
Tools

Walking up to a giant--VIDEO
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
Thought you guys might like to see the video of us walking up to Mike Martin JR's buck "as it happened". Unfortunately I was unable to get the shot on video as Mike had to use my shoulder as a rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...re=player_embedded#!

Hope this works...

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm an idiot and cannot figure out the correct way to post a video

I will keep trying

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ya got it figured out
Know the feeling well
The crunch of rough quartz gravel under your boots
dodging the spiney things, weaving thru the brush,
until HE comes into view....
Nice buck Ole'man

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a pig. He must have been eating well. sofa

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Damn nice Sonora muley... don't know what the poster above is trying to insinuate but it doesn't get much more free-range than the Sonoran Desert!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
What a pig. He must have been eating well. sofa

rotflmo

That is FUNNY! It's all in the genes Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Damn nice Sonora muley... don't know what the poster above is trying to insinuate but it doesn't get much more free-range than the Sonoran Desert!

I believe he is referring to the thread on shooting spikes. If he is its hilarious!

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, quite a nice buck. Good job!

I wonder why the old embed code isn't available? That shows the video on your thread here rather than redirecting to youtube.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:

I believe he is referring to the thread on shooting spikes. If he is its hilarious!

You got it. Tongue in cheek comment, not meant to call the deer into question in any way.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Well it took some work to get the embed to work, but here it is:

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
You got it. Tongue in cheek comment, not meant to call the deer into question in any way.

Sorry, didn't get hooked in that thread. NVM.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, didn't get hooked in that thread. NVM.

You lucky dog Big Grin

Erict, thanks for fixing the link!