New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canadian Hunting Surprise
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's an excerpt from Terry Wieland's article in the December 2002 issue of SAFARI TIMES:

"AND NOW FOLKS FOR THE REAL NEWS...

...[T]he Ontario Provincial Police have laid a half-dozen charges of improper firearms storage, after raiding a number of deer-hunting camps in eastern Ontario, looking for violations of the new gun laws....

...[T]he provincial police are busy raiding deer camps to make sure no one has unauthorized access of a loaded gun.

When the new storage laws were enacted, requiring that guns be locked up, have trigger locks in place, and be unloaded, we were assured they would not apply in hunting camps where, logically, access to a loaded gun is pretty much a requirement.

In every camp I have ever occupied, it was standard procedure to have a loaded rifle somewhere handy 24-hours a day, in case a ten-pointer wandered in front of the window while you were cooking breakfast. No need to belabor the point - - we all know how hunting camps operate. Suggesting that when you come in for lunch you should unload your rifle and either lock it away or put on a trigger lock is ludicrous.

However, the police began raiding deer camps and laid a number of charges, most of which involved hunters drinking alcohol without having their guns under lock and key."

Now there's a place I want to spend my hunting dollars! Nothing like leaving the urban straight-jacket to go hunt in the wilds, only to be harassed for totin' yer shootin' iron.

Do friends let friends hunt in Canada?

[ 01-12-2003, 04:35: Message edited by: KuduKing ]

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
Amen!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry gents, what can I say? We have assholes too. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When your rifle is in camp it is in use, therefore storage laws do not apply. I believe that everyone would be aquitted in this case if it even went to trial. The 'hunting camps' in question must have been within 20 min. of Toronto.Mark

Posts: 109 | Location: Sask.Ca | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
This is why we cancelled our vacation in Montreal last summer. It's gun crap like this.

They are not getting any of my money.

<chuk>
posted
A hunting camp accessable to a car isn't much of a hunting camp! I do not agree with the new gun laws in Canada but I'm not stupid enough to blatently disobey them. These "American" gunwriters that come into Canada and whine about how hard it is to get guns into the country make me sick. I read an article in Predator magazine by a prominent gunwriter who went on and on about it and then stated he would never hunt here again. Ever tried getting into the U.S. with a rifle to hunt with? Guess not. For those who say they won't be back because of it good riddence! This will give someone else the chance to experience the hunting opportunities available in this country who may actually appreciate it. I also suppose that there are no police officers south of 49 that don't have some kind of agenda or need to assert their authority eigther.

chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuk:
These "American" gunwriters that come into Canada and whine about how hard it is to get guns into the country make me sick. chuck

The author Wieland is a Canadian.

[ 01-12-2003, 07:17: Message edited by: KuduKing ]

Posts: 380 | Location: America the Beautiful | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is it an 'ontario only thing' or 'canada thing'?

Posts: 33 | Location: cent. pa | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As stated before when the gun is in camp it can be loaded.While at home it must be locked up OR have a trigger lock installed.Unless it is a restricted weapon only one or the other is required.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's not just a Ontario thing. My father and I were on a fishing/hunting trip in July 2000 on the Queen Charlotte Islands here in B.C. We brought my fathers 270 only because near the end of the trip we planned to take a couple of their little black tails that infest the island. We spent every morning out on his salmon boat with no one watching camp and we got a visit from federal fisheries.
They didn't have a clue what they were doing obviously because they made him turn himself into the local RCMP for unsafe storage charges.
He did not have a trigger lock on but it was a bolt action and the bolt was not in. That is considered safe under their own definition.
He hired a lawyer for 2500$ and she made some calls and the RCMP dropped the charges almost a year later. Then the big contradiction came. They called him and demanded that he figure a way to get his rifle back because they don't have safe storage for the rifle in their little sub station.
It cost my father a stack of cash to straighten these jackasses out and they stored the rifle in the manner they charged him for.
There is some bruiser bears there and it would be comforting to be able to have a loaded firearm around to protect ourselves and our salmon and game. Only when we are in camp of course.

Posts: 10 | Location: british columbia | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here's another story about the Ontario Prov.Police.
When I was a teenager living in ontario they gave me a 100$ fine for snapping a hot dog stick off a tree on a camping trip.
How about a warning??
They have always had a bad reputation for power tripping.

Posts: 10 | Location: british columbia | Registered: 08 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Until Canadians get over their position of grab your ankles and take it like a boy attitude, "Screw Canada".

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On combo fishing-moose trip in Quebec my party got fined for dead minnow in bottom of boat. I don't know how it got there but we didn't bring it. None of my group but me will ever go back, and these are people who had made many previous trips.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are not the only ones with jackbooted thugs for police or game wardens. We can all tell stories of the bad times and hassles we have had. I prefer to think of the good times and help that has been offered on occasions. The helpfull times far outway the hassles. If you want to sling mud, we can just bring up Waco or Ruby Ridge or a hundered others on both sides of the border. Smokey

Posts: 160 | Location: Whitehorse Yukon Canada | Registered: 20 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not like our Canadian gun laws, but they are laws. The urban people in Quebec and Ontario are the reason for the gun laws. They do not have a clue what life outside a large city involves. We have a few power hungry cops that push anything they can, and I am sure you have them south of the border as well. Ignorant idiots live all over the place. The gun laws are still being fought, and we are gaining ground. I see no need for the comments of rickt300. You can keep him down there (in US) thank you.

Posts: 125 | Location: SW Manitoba Canada | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
American Hunting Surprise

I wanted to take my rifles to RSA from Canada this spring. I did not want to stop or hunt in the USA. US Customs and the US State Dept would not allow me to land in Atlanta and have my rifles transferred to SAA for my flight to Johannesburg. They told me that if I tried to pass through Atlanta with rifles, they would be siezed. So I had to go without them and borrow a rifle.

I could have gone through London or Frankfurt and I would have been fine.

So I guess the US is full of a bunch of jerks and firearm hating liberals, and I should avoid spending any of my money in America and boycott them for any future vacations or hunts.

Not!

Get over it. Things are tough all over. The only way it will change is if we support each other.

You not hunting in Canada will just weaken our position. Me not buying all my rifle parts/reloading supplies etc, and vacationing across the line in MT, will not do you guys any good either.

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good answer Canuck. The fascist posing as officers will hassle you no matter what, the new gun laws (which none of them have a clue about, I had a local officer tell me that my firearms, which were in a locked steel locker and had trigger loacks on them at the time, had to have all the bolts removed to be legal. Luckily I had a copy of the Firearms Regs in the house, but he went away claiming that I just didn't have an "Updated" copy.) just give them another stick to beat you with. I've also talked to guys who told me horror stories of hunting in a differant state then the one they live in, and getting busted for some nonsense. Unfortunately, we've given the government/police powers that they abuse at will, with no thought whatsoever for any consequence. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rickt300

Kiss my ass, instead of saying screw us why don't you spend some of your dollers and help us fight some of these rediculas laws. We have such a hunting and gun ownership minoraty population. And a hell of alot of assholes in large cities that dont give a crap about guns or hunting. It seems we can scream as loud as we can but no one hears us. If you guys were in the same boat you would want help not us saying screw you. So piss off. Or do something about it, don't you bend over and ignore it.

Posts: 182 | Location: Okotoks, Alberta | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
American Hunting Surprise

I wanted to take my rifles to RSA from Canada this spring. I did not want to stop or hunt in the USA. US Customs and the US State Dept would not allow me to land in Atlanta and have my rifles transferred to SAA for my flight to Johannesburg. They told me that if I tried to pass through Atlanta with rifles, they would be siezed. So I had to go without them and borrow a rifle.

This was enacted post-9/11/01, as an over-reaction. Had anyone cared to knock down the tallest buildings in Canada, Ottawa would have closed the borders to U.S. citizens with firearms, instead of requiring them to apply for a temporary FAC.

I could have gone through London or Frankfurt and I would have been fine.

You should have flown through those countries if you were dead set on using your own guns. Since your convenience was more important, you had to use a strange rifle.

So I guess the US is full of a bunch of jerks and firearm hating liberals, and I should avoid spending any of my money in America and boycott them for any future vacations or hunts.

No one would notice if Canadians stopped hunting and vacationing in the U.S.; the reverse is not true.

Not!

Get over it. Things are tough all over. The only way it will change is if we support each other.

You not hunting in Canada will just weaken our position. Me not buying all my rifle parts/reloading supplies etc, and vacationing across the line in MT, will not do you guys any good either.

Canuck

Canada does not produce or import most of the gun and hunting stuff you'd buy here anyway.

This is not a diatribe against Canadian hunters and gunowners; your politicians have sold you out, because they don't suffer any consequences for their actions.
In the U.S., except in the "safe" Democrat districts, being anti-gun or anti-hunting CAN cost a politician his or her job.

There is a big difference in the perceptions and attitudes of the two countries and their people.
Yanks tend to rebel against government encroachment into their lives, while Canadians feel the government has their best interests at heart and go along.

George

[ 01-13-2003, 21:41: Message edited by: GeorgeS ]

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This topic came up before and it was suggested that I contact some tourist commission in Canada about my displeasure. I did not do this due to being lazy. If someone could post an address I might do it.

The thing is that I don't speak French and Quebec is closest to me. I went hunting up there once and had a hard time communicating. They just don't want to talk to you in English when you need to know something. On top of that we met a French official at the border to a state park. This encounter was like meeting inspector Coustou of Pink Panther fame.

To be honest I am a little afraid of them. The path of least resistance is to stay away.

I have two Grand Marquis, a C&C boat and Sorel boots and made in Canada. So I am trading with you. It's the gun issue that turns me off up there.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
hey, KuduKing, just my 2cent's worth, but anyone in our camp with a loaded gun 24 hour's a day and we catch him, we take him out behind the woodpile and beat the shit out of him.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
<harleytwo>
posted
It is difficult at times to justify the attitude or actions of the police. I have known quite a few over the years and have to admit even when off the job many of them seem to enjoy the power trip and feeling of being above the law. The ability to get preferential treatment by "flashing the tin" when stopped or caught doing something wrong just reinforces this mentality. Several years ago, during Ontario deer hunting season, a local lad with some medical problems that required medication wandered off into the bush. There was suspicion that he may have also taken his fathers 30/30 levergun, ostensibly to go hunting. The main concern was that because he was alone and without his medication he could pass out and die of exposure in the cold snowy bush. The O.P.P. "search and rescue" team was encountered in the bush by myself and other hunters from our camp. They were dressed in black tactical gear carrying high capacity Mini-14's and did not even have a first aid kit with them. I informed them that it was both dangerous and illegal to be thrashing around in the thick cover without at least some hunter orange considering the possible number of other hunters in the area. They were both arrogant and unappreciative of the suggestion and in the short time we talked they seemed oblivious to the concept of "POINT YOUR GUN IN A SAFE DIRECTION". They looked like poster boys for a classic accidental(?) shooting or other unpleasant event. Unfortunately the young man they sought was later found (not by them), dead of exposure not far from this encounter. Needless to say experiences such as these do nothing to dispel the concern many of us already have about the O.P.P.'s professionalism and competency, particularly regarding firearms issues.

one of us
posted Hide Post
These are places you can visit and show your concerns or support.
http://www.fedupcanada.org/defaulte.htm
www.lufa.ca
www.nfa.ca

Posts: 182 | Location: Okotoks, Alberta | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I had always wanted to go on a caribou hunt in the "great white North". Since Canada has passed these ridiculous gun laws, there is no way in HELL that I will ever spend any of my money in Canada !!!! I'm with Ted Nugent on this one, BOYCOTT CANADA !!! Hurt them in their pocketbooks, make the outfitters and guides get off their butts and get their families, friends, and relatives all to complain and try to change the laws. If that doesn't work, change the politicians. Let's face it, they let it happen to themselves. It may happen here someday, but not because we haven't fought to prevent it. I, like many of yourselves, am an NRA LIFE member and am politically active on gun control issues. Yes, it does take some effort, but our freedom depends upon it. As far as harassment goes, listen to this story. A friend I know, an older retired gentleman took his wife and his motorhome on a trip from New England to Alaska this year. They traveled along the Canadian border popping in and out of Canada. Almost every time they tried to enter Canada, they were stopped at the border, and their motorhome literaly stripped and emptied out by searchers. When he asked why they were doing this to him, surly officials told him that " you American silver hairs are the worst offenders for smuggling guns into Canada".Here's an old guy on vacation and they treat him like this. Now that would really make me want to spend money there!!!! Like the Nuge says: Boycott Canada".

bowhuntr

[ 01-13-2003, 05:08: Message edited by: bowhuntrrl ]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bowhuntrrl, I guess I'm one of those "no good for nothin' Canadian caribou outfitters" that should be punished for kissin' the butts of our gun-hating politicians!

I started our Wildife Federation, wrote the initial draft constitution for CILA, a national firearms organization, have been president of the local gun club for too many years, have debated politicians on gun control, in front of tv cameras to the point they wet their pants and cried, made many trips to the nation's capital lobbying against the new Firearms Act and helped design our Firearms Safety Courses in a manner that they served a purpose, ..............all of this at my own expense. AND NOW YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT ME!

Do you think for a moment that bankrupting me through lack of business is going to send any message to the politicians except that "the gun control is working, .....we're getting rid of the hunters, who are the biggest opponent".

I know Ted Nugent, and when he made that statement (following the black bear hunt in Ontario being cancelled) I called him on it. ....The only active group fighting the decision was coming out of the outfitters and all the small businesses that were affected economically by the cancellation. They were dependent upon the income derived by hunting. That decision affected every small gas station, retaurant, motel, mom and pop service business in the hunting areas, plus all the outfitters' suppliers. .......They were the ones who fought hard, and are still fighting that indept decision.

On the other track, I used to actively hunt in the U.S.. Not anymore, and not because I don't want to! I virtually cannot take a firearm into the U.S. without 6 months paperwork. I still spend a lot of time there, but I cannot purchase anything firearms related, bullets, powder, a scope, or even a guncase, without export and import papers, and the U.S. Customs will check me upon departure! Canada is not so strict, just document your rifle and pay $50!

We should not be pointing fingers at either country, but rather at those who use any excuse (such as 911) to create their agendas and further there reasons for gun control and anti-hunting activities. I support organizations on both sides of the border since this is a North American problem (I've been an NRA Benefactor for 30 years). Your President is seen to be pro-gun, but some of his bureaucrats are obviously antis, and they must be brought to his attention to be dealt with! Our Prime Minister is anti-gun, but has bureaucrats that are pro-gun. .........We keep silent about them!

The bottom line is that everyone on these forums has to stick together.

~Arctic~

"You're either part of the solution or part of the problem!"

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bowhuntrrl

Read my first post same to you as well asshole.

<chuk>
posted
I have as big a say in the feder matters of this country as a montana resident does in a federal election. While we are boycotting Canada why don't we boycott Africa. I,ve got another idea, why don't us gun owners slit each others wrists so the antis can have an easier time of it. Also, the outfitting masses should be able to march onto parliment hill and single handedly change the mind of the government. That is if they can afford the gas to drive there without their business revenue because some other hunter decided to knock the legs out from under him.

chuck

<chuk>
posted
P.S. The United States of America has a constitution that protects their citizens rights far beyond what we have available to us. Please act grateful for what you have and stop telling me that I am not doing my part to protect my rights. When all is said and done for $50 or less, I can hunt whitetail deer, mule deer, pronghorn, grizzly bear, black bear, elk, bighorn sheep, cougar, moose, wolves, and coyotes. Believe me there isn't a day that goes by that I don't consider myself extremely blessed to do so. I used to take this for granted, but not anymore. All the best.

chuck

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine some years ago had his winchester defender in the truck after a day of rec. shooting. He stopped at a service station and the attendant seen the gun in the truck and took his plate # and called the RCMP. Most Canadians are ignorant about guns. There is no law about having a unresricted firearm in a vehicle.
Constible "I don't have a clue" shows up at his house and insists on seeing his shot gun. He pulled out his tape measure and proceeded to check the barrel length. Before any non-canadians ask why, no firearm can have a barrel of less than 18" and not be restricted.
He measures his barrel and says it's 1mm too short. His reply to that is well that has not been "sawed off"(why would any one saw 1mm) that is the length Winchester makes them and that's the way the gun shops sell them. He points out that his tape measure might be not accurate but the bonehead insists his gun is not legal and he is consficating it.
No chrges were laid??
When he argued to keep his shotgun the officer threatned to come in his house and measure any other firearms he might have and then warned him not to have his firearm visable for now on in his vehicle.(no law against that if you are with it)
This was in 97 and the new bullshit laws were not in effect.
I would also like to mention to our American friends that up in the Canada "the right to bare arms" and "freedom of speech" are not in our constitution.(borderline communism!) My suspicions are most Americans could not dream of living without these rights.
Don't worry guys, I'll make do, for now.

[ 01-13-2003, 07:58: Message edited by: boilerroom ]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred B:
bowhuntrrl

Read my first post same to you as well asshole.

Gee, there's a remark that shows real intelligence !!!! This forum really has degenerated !!!!. Why don't you take some of that attitude and become politically active .

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowhuntr, No self respecting outfitter would want your money.You are the reason that good outfitters here require references from their clients.Stay home,watch football,drink beer,be happy.Mark

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arctic:
bowhuntrrl, I guess I'm one of those "no good for nothin' Canadian caribou outfitters" that should be punished for kissin' the butts of our gun-hating politicians!

I started our Wildife Federation, wrote the initial draft constitution for CILA, a national firearms organization, have been president of the local gun club for too many years, have debated politicians on gun control, in front of tv cameras to the point they wet their pants and cried, made many trips to the nation's capital lobbying against the new Firearms Act and helped design our Firearms Safety Courses in a manner that they served a purpose, ..............all of this at my own expense. AND NOW YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT ME!

~Arctic~

"You're either part of the solution or part of the problem!"

Sir,

My most sincere apology to you. You are apparently what is needed up there only multiplied by thousands. It just seems to me from what I've heard from friends who have hunted there that "most" outfitters and guides have the attitude of "what can we do"? It is a most unfortunate situation and if there is an answer, it certainly won't be a simple one. Unfortunately, things are bad enough here and we also have our hands full fighting the antis. If a solution for your problem is to be had, it must come from within.

bowhuntr

[ 01-13-2003, 08:12: Message edited by: bowhuntrrl ]

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 358Mark:
Bowhuntr, No self respecting outfitter would want your money.You are the reason that good outfitters here require references from their clients.Stay home,watch football,drink beer,be happy.Mark

Mark,

If you are in fact an outfitter, I certainly wouldn't want to hunt with you. You see, down here, we have something called free speech. And even if I don't like what you're saying, I respect your right to say it. If I am wrong about something, convince me otherwise. By the way, I don't drink alcohol, I don't watch football. I support the NRA, I work with youth trying to promote hunting, fishing and the shooting sports. I'm active with a local shooting club, and I lobby and help to hold fund raisers for pro gun and pro hunting politicians. I love the outdoors and nature. If I'm so bad, just what kind of clients do YOU prefer ??????

bowhuntr

one of us
posted Hide Post
I go to Canada at least twice a year if not more with weapons. In all the time I have been going I have never had a problem. I have seen others who have though. The same holds true for the USA. There is always an a-hole in the bunch somewhere that wants to show their position of authority. Now that I think about it the same is true for Africa. Maybe we shouldnt go there either? The fact is that most of the people away from the major cities dont agree with the politicians who live there. That is true for Canada, the US or Africa for that matter. People do need to speak up and let someone in power hear the message. Although, most wont listen anyhow. To suggest that you boycott the whole country is silly. It will have no effect on those in power. It will only hurt the outfitters and those who depend on them for their livelihoods. The clowns in power would like nothing better than for everyone with a gun to go away. Think about it. The best way to control a population is to disarm it. Why do you think some of the new draconian laws in RSA are being enacted? Zimbabwe? Canada? The good old USA? We are all in the same boat and it will take a united effort to defeat this type of attitude.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bowhuntr. First I don't speak for outfitters in Canada. They have their own ass'n for that. I have guided deer, bear,moose and bird hunters since I was 13 yr. old. 90% were Americans. I have had many good experiences with most. I do not guide anymore.
I was in Arizona for 3 wk. at Christmas and talked with gunshop owners and even some old clients whom are now friends. They are all afraid of where things are headed,north or south of the 49th.
Here in Canada there are urbanites who don't understand firearms. The U.S. has similar folks.
Ordinary law abiding people are being persecuted by these in their pursuit of 'safety' Politicians are exploiting their fears for votes.This is similar in both countries.
Fact is you can import your rifle or shotguns into Canada in about 10min.at a cost of $33 U.S. I cannot take any firearms related object into the U.S. I can go to a gunshop and walk out with a handgun in 15min. if the phone lines aren't busy. I can have any firearm other than full auto or under 4" barrel shipped to me direct from manufacturer,Wholesaler or retailer with no 'FFL' middleman. Things aren't perfect here but they are not as bad as some would have you believe.Firearms legislation gets a lot of publcity as it's an issue where politicians can get a lot of airtime,whether for or against. This is the same for me or you. Reminds me of my grandmothers statement about people and glass houses.Good nite.Mark

one of us
posted Hide Post
bowhuntrrl

See thats what we need to have you all boycott us and then our useless goverment would see that hunting generates no revenue for Canada So then they can continue pushing the limits. How long do you think when the problems we are having up here will be down there. The only difference is that you guys have some decent laws that semi what protect you.And over time even those laws can be changed. And don't say never as never is a long time. Why dont you throw some money up here and help fight some of these stupid laws. It also show real intelligence to sit on the side lines and turn your back and yell boycott.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We have been sending hunters to Canada for years.
Since the new gun laws have taken place we have had no problems or heard any complants from our hunters that filled out an application, paid a small fee and went hunting. Personally, I 've had more problems with customs agents when I was coming back home to the states than going up to Canada. We have lots of friends there. We will continue to send hunters to Canada. Guys, we all need to stick together.

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Atcheson:
Guys, we all need to stick together.

Keith,
Yea, what you said.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
<chuk>
posted
Thanks Keith

chuck

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
George, You obviously misunderstood my point, or I have given you too much credit.

We are not as different as you seem to think.

Should I stereotype Americans by the actions and policies of your previous government (Klinton)? Or by the sentiment of your response? You seem to have no problem stereotyping us.

So what if you boycotting us would have a greater impact than us boycotting you? Is that comment intended to flex some muscle? I don't see how it addresses my point, and I don't find it overwhelmingly impressive. My point is that we are all in this together. There are many of us up here that have your back when you need it, even if we don't have big enough numbers to make much difference.

Boycotting our outfitters etc. won't help us fight our cause. It will, however, help the Liberals with their agenda. Think about it.

Regards,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote