New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laid Up
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had C5 disc replaced and fused, it had reputed on nerve making right arm pretty much useless. Now laid up for awhile missing deer season. But at least got a small 8 point opening weekend so I have some meat in the freezer.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Take your time and heal up, friend of ours that posts on here as taylorce is laid up and can't hunt with a busted up ankle. Hope you both stay positive and heal!!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I feel for ya. I have a left knee that barely works...... waiting for a replacement, but the worst thing is I ruptured my achilles tendon in the right leg a week or so ago. Not sure which leg to hobble on. Probably am going to get put in a cast, but they may do surgery.

In the mean time I am crawling onto an ATV and riding to a high spot and watching for a big buck. No way I can climb into a stand. LOL

This getting old shit sucks. Wink

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
patriot Get well soon.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, that bites! Heal up, there's always next year!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David get well soon. The hunts have been good this year lots of new folks, and with tales to tell. We miss you buddy.

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Culpepper:
Had C5 disc replaced and fused, it had reputed on nerve making right arm pretty much useless. Now laid up for awhile missing deer season. But at least got a small 8 point opening weekend so I have some meat in the freezer.

All the best David.

I hope you have a full and quick recovery.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68790 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon, and trust me you are not alone. I shattered my ankle less than two weeks before my elk season started.

LINK to my page

One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Get well as soon as possible!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave:
Don't want to discourage you any BUT, once your back is messed up, it always will be. You may well get over it for a few years but, it'll never be the same and usually if you live long enough sooner or later something else will happen to it.

Best wishes on getting over this one soon.

Wrecked mine at 40 in '85, went til '05 before anything could be seen that could be fixed. Did great til I had gut problems in '12, spent 5 weeks in one of those rocking beds to keep me flexible. Came out with a twisted back, both feet and L lower leg numb, drop L foot and lots of pain. Fused L 3,4, &5 trying to fix the leg. Didn't help a bit. Now I'm starting to have more gut problems again after twice being opened up, last time took all my guts and the exit hole. Sure glad I heal these things up fairly fast. Maybe all this practice for so many years hasn't been a total waste.

Good luck with that back, you other guys too.

George PS: Even though PWNut didn't mention it, he's fought shoulder problems and now back too. Hang in there Rick!+

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote