Find
Notify
Tools

Game Cam Video
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Well, my first video attempt, it's nothing special but the camera worked.

Vermont Deer

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heck Ann, I think it's great, that's the start of it, figuring out if they're where you think they are!

Good luck tracking 'em down this fall!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Ann,

You need to be very, very careful! Take it from me, do not let this happen to you.

These cameras are addicting!!! Sell yours immediately! (I am looking for another one, I will take it off your hands.)

I have spent a ton of money of 1 GB cards, solar panels rechargeable batteries ... and cameras.

It is like Christmas every time I get to view the pictures. Especially at this time of the year when you can watch the growth of a particular buck.

I will send you my address so you can rid yourself of this evil machine ....

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

Any recommendations on these cameras? Both still and video.

We have reached a point where we have to do something drastic to Walter. He has gone beyond being unbearable.

One of the ideas hashed about is to collect all the bones and guts from the butchery, and place it next to his tent in the evening. Loud speaker will be placed right by the tent, and a recording of hyaenas and lions fighting will be played at appropriate times.

We want to have one camera inside the tent, and one outside. I think I have seen some video cameras that have a wilress transmitter. In this case we would connect the receiver to the laptop, and watch the proceedings LIVE! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Cuddyback makes a good one but the controls are difficult. Sometimes I feel like I need the user manual in the field to make changes to the programming. Probably just not familiar enough with it yet. I do not like the way they set up their programming. Red yellow and Blue buttons that do all sorts of things. That said, it has never let me down and I would buy another one.

Talon makes a very good infrared camera. Their controls are about the best I have seen. Easy to understand, no user manual necessary in the field. It is pretty straight forward. I have two of these.

I rig all my cameras with a solar panel and a rechargeable battery. I use a 1 GB card and set the delay at 1 minute. I get a ton of pictures and most are no good, but out of every 100 pictures, I get one great photo.

Short answer is that you can not go wrong with the Cuddyback. I do like the Tallon because it has a big enough case to put a rechargeable battery in (after some modifications).

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
The camera I have is a Wildview, runs about $100 and takes an SD card. Actually, I have three of them and they are very simple to use. It runs on four C batteries or takes a 12 volt add on.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote