Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Please read FULLY before you answer....

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1411043/m/5011035061

Thanks.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eland Slayer:
Please read FULLY before you answer....

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1411043/m/5011035061

Thanks.

Not sure why this is in American Hunting. Oh wait, the topic is hunting African game in America. Silly me, it is just as appropos here as in African game.

I wouldn't at my age, maybe if I live to 90 and can't drive to Wyoming any longer or convince someone else to do the driving. I don't especially want a catered hunt, although I did go on an elk hunt with an outfitter once and enjoyed it.

The wild boar in North Carolina and Tennesee are the leftovers from a similar experiment decades ago, also the introduced species on the Channel Islands and pheasant (in my view, a smashing success). There are probably more of these experiments that I don't know about. There is an article in this morning's paper about a capybara running loose in Los Angeles.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14441 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Under the criteria and $ being no object, yes. $ being no object I would also go to Africa. The idea of having the meat would be a big plus! Being able to take a long weekend and hunt antelope sounds pretty good.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote