Find
Notify
Tools

UPS store?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted
Tried to ship some ammo today with the UPS store. Was in there about 10 minutes filling out all the forms. They then come back and say it is the policy of the store not to ship ammo. I was trying to ship about 24 lbs of 17hmr and 22 hornet. The ammo was factory rounds in the factory boxes.

Has anybody else run into this? I know UPS takes this, only requirement is that it must go ground. Does each store have the ability to accept only what they want. I told them they were discriminating against hunters/shooters and left in a huff.

I have long since tried to steer my business from them. When I order from Midway or another place that gives the option on shipping I choose somebody else, plus the other option is usually cheaper and faster.

Wayne

Live everyday, like it was your last!!

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to ship ammo and firearms from their terminals, customer centers or hubs, the contract stores aren't supposed to accept either of em. Here's a related thread..

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4711043/m/554106815

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
I tried to ship a pistol from there once... Whoops. Bad idea. They told me to use FedEx, which worked well. Expensive though.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Montana:

I had the same issue two days ago and posted it on AR.

What you have to do is call UPS at 1-800-PICK-UPS, and schedule a home pick-up.

Tell them that you are sending "Hunting bullets" for a "small arms firearm." Give them the weight and size of your package(dimensions).

Write "Small Arms Ammunition" on the outside of your package.

UPS will take the shipping information over the phone, and the next day a UPS driver will knock on your door, take your package and give you a tracking receipt.

I just sent Rusty 16 lbs of .500 NE and .577 NE bullets, from VA to TX for $22.00.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote