New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BEST 7MM!!
 Login/Join

<monz>
posted
The 7x65R, a rimmed super cartridge for a fine european Kipplauf or double.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know, I have the most hunting experience with the 7 x 57. I also have 4 or 5 in my rack at this time. I have an old 7mm Remington Mag that I owned for close to 40 years now. It was the rifle I took on my first safari back when I was young and would rather hunt that drive a sports car. Of late I been shooting a 7 x 64 in a sako rifle. I like it quite a bit. As for the best, what ever 7mm floats your boat.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMK:
If that isn't good enough,move up to a .280AI and shoot both standard and improved versions.

For cost-efficiency versus yield (in performance), that's why I had a .280 AI built from scratch. It didn't require an expensive magnum-length action, ballistics were good, and grain-for-grain, it was more efficient than any of the 7mm magnums WITH RESPECT TO WHAT IT WOULD BE USED FOR.

Russ

------------------
"Out here, 'due process' is a bullet!" -- John Wayne, "The Green Berets"

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
I have owned two 7mm Rem mags. One had excessive headspace and on top of that a 1-10 twist. I liked the rifle however and I hunted with it a lot. I feel that the 30/06 has more real effect on game and none of the problems.

I think the introduction of the RUM, SAUM and WSM cartridges is the begining of the end of the belted magnums. Next should be a series on the RUM with a COL of 3.3"