THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Murray Custom Leathers Unproffesional Behaviour.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Murray Custom Leathers Unproffesional Behaviour.
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Viewers,
I have been a member here for quite some time and even been on a few hunts through this site.
I am writing this to bring to light unethical business practises of Murray Custom Leather.
I had heard of them through an acquaintance and after some research decided to order a few items from them.
In our emails i mentioned very clearly that i need Uncle Mike's Push Button QD swivels as the rifle is a sauer 202.
I shall be attaching the emails later but inspite of repeatedly confirming that i wanted those particular swivels, i was shipped slings with grovetec qd swivels instead.
Now, the gent wont agree to his mistake and insists that there is nothing to the matter.
While i understand that honest mistakes happen, this refusal to even acknowledge a mistake is very jarring.
Please beware of the gent.

Posts: 14 | Location: Delhi,India | Registered: 25 August 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mr Murray,
Its a pleasure to read your reply. I honestly wasn't expecting such a quick reply, especially on a Sunday!
I am looking at ordering the following items:
1. The 1.5 inch trophy leather belt as worn by the lady in the following link:

http://www.MurrayCustomLeather.com/belts.htm

Dark tan, brass buckle, belt length: 44 inches, excluding buckle.

2. 2 x   A1 Murray quick set rifle sling.  These are for a Sauer 202 and for a Brno Mod 2 Rifle.
    Colour: Dark Tan, Width: 1". I already have Uncle Mikes push button QD 1" Swivels which i  shall be putting on the slings.

3. 1 x C3 Rifle Shell holder. 7 rounds, calibre .30-06.

I have a small request. Would it be possible not to have any embossing etc of the Murray Shop on the slings and shell holder? I would instead like a simple ABM embossed in an appropriate area.

I shall wait for you to give me the estimates for the above stated items.

Regards
Arjun

Sent from my iPad

On 24-Mar-2013, at 16:37, <murray_george@att.net> wrote:

Mr. Mehta,

We do ship international.   To place an order, please provide your complete shipping address  and the items desired.   E-mail your credit card information in 2 e-mails, one with the number and the other with the expiration date and code.   Shipping varies, depending on what you order. We normally ship air priority international.

Thanks,

Dick Murray

817-441-7480
www.MurrayCustomLeather.com

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:23 AM
To: <dick@murraycustomleather.com>
Subject: Re: Order from India

Dear Mr. Murray,
How are you doing? I found your website being recommended n quite a few online fora and thought i should drop you a line.
I am based out of New Delhi, India and am interested in buying a couple of slings from you and a couple of other small items.
Just wanted to check if you will take orders from outside USA and how should i deposit the money with you?

Regards

Arjun Balraj Mehta

posted Hide Post
Mr. Murray,
Please also bill me for and attach the Uncle Mikes Push Button QD 1" Swivels along with the slings.
Thanks
Arjun

Sent from my iPad

On 25-Mar-2013, at 14:36, <murray_george@att.net> wrote:

Mr. Mehta,

Re the belt buckle...we only offer stainless steel with roller.

Belt cost............$120.00
2-1" A-1 slings no swivels....$65.00 ea.   total....$130.00
1-C-3 shell carrier...'06...7 rd........................................$85.00

Total.......$335.00 plus air mail shipping....estimated $50.00

Thanks,

Dick Murray

817-441-7480

posted Hide Post
Mr Murray,
Thats lovely.
So, shall i send the credit card details over? Like you said, in two mails?
Just to confirm once again;
2 x  quick set leather slings. 1" width, with uncle mikes push button qd swivels. Dark tan.
1 x C3 shell carrier for the .30-06 cartridge, space for 7, dark tan. This should fit on the belt i am ordering from you which is,
1 x 1.5" dark tan trophy leather belt with stainless steel buckle. Length without buckle 44", for waist size 34"

I would like my initials ABM monogrammed within a plain oval border.

Thank you
Arjun

posted Hide Post
Mr. Murray came across as a gentleman but inspite of me repeatedly mentioning the specific swivel i needed, he sent over something else. In all his emails, his replies were vague, which i took to his being busy, but not anymore.
After initially refusing to own up to any mistake at all, he now says that if i ship the swivels back to him, that will earn me a 20 USD credit!
So, i deface the slings by cutting them open and then spend money on shipping them to him. What for?
I will spend more than 20 USD in just the shipping.
I am in the process of taking appropriate action against his firm and thought i shall post here as well.
Thank you

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arjun Balraj Mehta:
Mr. Murray came across as a gentleman but inspite of me repeatedly mentioning the specific swivel i needed, he sent over something else. In all his emails, his replies were vague, which i took to his being busy, but not anymore.
I have been told initially that i did not ask for uncle mikes pushbutton qd 1" swivels. Then i was told that they have mentioned on their website that they only use american products. While i understand the sentiment, my only question is, if you were not going to use uncle mikes swivels in the first place why not tell me so and let me take my business to some one who will use what i need.
After initially refusing to own up to any mistake at all, he now says that if i ship the swivels back to him, that will earn me a 20 USD credit!
So, i deface the slings by cutting them open and then spend money on shipping them to him. What for?
I will spend more than 20 USD in just the shipping.
I am in the process of taking appropriate action against his firm and thought i shall post here as well.
Thank you

posted Hide Post
Hi Arjun,

Please see my previous e-mail re swivels.  We try  avoid selling Chinese made hardware or equipment.

As far as trying to solve any "problem", obviously the confusion  is on your end  and nowhere do we state we even handle "Uncle Mikes" products.  It is plainly stated we use  U. S. made swivels  on our slings.   I cannot find any mention in any of your numerous e-mails requesting "Uncle Mikes" swivels and we could not have provided them anyway.

I am sorry you mis-ordered the slings but we shipped and billed you for exactly for what you ordered.   I cannot find any errors on your invoice involving product or charges.

Unless you have some evidence of wrongdoing on our end I consider this matter closed.

Dick Murray

817-441-7480

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:53 AM
To: <murray_george@att.net>
Subject: Re: Wrong Slings

Mr. Murray,
I sincerely hope that you are able to address and solve this little problem of ours. I came to you in good faith and after hearing high praise of you and your products. Indeed, your craftsmanship is of the highest order. As Gentlemen, one would not want to continue this sordid back and forth any longer over a small matter.
I had in quite a few emails mentioned exactly which swivels to use and that was glossed over by you. Nowhere is it mentioned that you will ship with grovtec swivels and wont be able to accept my order.
Your continued silence pains me and i wish you make amends to this one way or another.

Sincerely,
Arjun

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Maybe I missed it, but your complaint is that he didn't put Uncle Mike's swivels on your sling?

quote:
I already have Uncle Mikes push button QD 1" Swivels which i  shall be putting on the slings.

quote:
Thank you

Action against his firm over a set of $10 QD swivels that you said you were going to install yourself?

Dude. Seriously, get over it.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, initially, i was going to install them myself. But when i saw that they have an option of installing swivels i figured i'd get them too and thats when i informed the gent to charge me for uncle mikes push button qd swivels.
And its not about 10 bucks or a 1000 bucks. Its the principle that when you cant offer what a customer explicitly wants you tell him so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Herein lies the danger of the internet.

I may just have to purchase something today from Murray Custom Leather after reading this garbage.

Mods? Anyone else think this is asinine? This thread belongs in the trash bin.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Norton,
You may call it what you like but tell me what options do i have in front of me?
The slings are of no use to me because the studs on my rifles are different.
So what should i do? Deface them?
And trust me, i am not looking at any freebies from the man, i have already ordered new slings.
Its a matter of principle.
If tou cant fulfill a customers wishes, you tell them exactly that, so that they can then take their business elsewhere!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else think this is asinine? This thread belongs in the trash bin.

tu2

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Mistakes happen. Your behavior over this is asinine. For crying out loud, grow a set and have someone in your country put the new Uncle Mike's swivels on for you if you are not able to.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Dick Murray is fine man and makes a fine product . . . and has been both for decades. To make a stink over a pair of swing swivels that you can buy at Academy is absurd. Why don't you focus on the care and craftsmanship that went into the items he made for you which I am sure are outstanding? Wow. Everyday something new happens on this forum that makes me less and less anxious to hang around.

Mike

Posts: 21393 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed Dick Murray this morning to alert him to this slanderous bullshit.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately for the lot of you, i myself emailed this link to Mr. Murray when i had posted it. It would not be proper otherwise. In all his dealings with me he has quite gentlemanly, and it is unfortunate that an occasion such as thishas arisen.
His products are world class and that is why i went to him and i am the first to say so.
And while i will have to go to a gunsmith to sort out this wrinkle, one wishes that one didnt have to. I could have gone to cabelas for such DIY stuff.
At the end of the day, each and every one of you must agree that the underlying principle of informing the client whether his/her wishes ca be satisfied or not has been violated in this case.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Here are some products Dick made for me out of my game skins. He also made me two rifle scabbards and a cartridge belt out of elephant hide from one of my hunts. The quality is second to none and will be here long after I am gone.

The reaction you are hearing is that your complaint is simply petty. And to suggest that you intend to take action over it is just ridiculous. You need to move from Delhi to California, you will fit right in out there and it will be easy for you to find a lawyer to take on your case. I am sure you have suffered some emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of companionship . . . . Perchance, do you buy coffee at McDonalds?

Mike

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I don't know Dick very well, I bought some items from him and he bought a hunt from me a long time ago. My impression is that he is a fair man who doesn't suffer fools well.

This is clearly foolish.

At least Murray is getting some good free advertising here.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Here are some products Dick made for me out of my game skins.... The quality is second to none and will be here long after I am gone.

Dearest Mike,

posted Hide Post
Smiler
The belt and the cartridge holders i brought from Mr. Murray show the same quality and craftsmanship, indeed even the slings do!!
I agree with you wholeheartedly on that.
As far as moving to the States and hiring lawyers and all that over 2 slings sounds like just the right plan.
My grouse might be petty, but it is genuine. And it is bewildering to see that everyone is not seeing that.
And no, i did not lose any sleep, appetite etc over this matter.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Arjun, you might want to edit out that comment about not losing sleep, etc. over this matter, it is going to impact the damages claim in your lawsuit. Surely, you are suffering some back pain as a result of the improper swivels? Work with me man, work with me . . .

Wendell, I might consider swapping you some leather goods for some rifle brass, I am looking for some quality .300 Win Mag brass . . .

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
How ridiculous!! Arjun, you clearly stated you already had the swivels. Dick clearly quoted you the items WITHOUT swivels. This from your own emails you've posted here!! And to top it off, you're going to take action against him but feel sending the items back for a $20 credit is a waste of money? But if you do send them back, you're going to deface them first?

Is this really Shootaway with a new Nom De Plume just pulling our leg again? Fits the profile!

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Arjun, if I were in your situation I would have someone local remove the threads from the ends of the sling, replace the swivels with the ones you want, and re-stitch it. I am sure it would be very inexpensive in your neck of the woods to have that done. Then I would chalk the whole incident up to simple miscommunication.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your continued silence pains me and i wish you make amends to this one way or another.

Clearly the man has been in pain Mike.

quote:
Arjun, you might want to edit out that comment about not losing sleep, etc. over this matter, it is going to impact the damages claim in your lawsuit. Surely, you are suffering some back pain as a result of the improper swivels? Work with me man, work with me

Ironically, that bit of legal advice right there cost more than the amount in damages.

Bill him Mike. Unless he has a retainer with the infamous Doug Chester Esq.???

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
The only gripe I can see that Arjun possibly has is that he may not be able to get the Uncle Mike's Push Button QD in Delhi India and it won be cost effective to order them and then pay for another shipping charge. In an attempt to strengthen international relations between our two countries I will buy the uncle mikes and ship them to Arjun if he PM's me a shipping address

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Drum, you are a statesman, no doubt. But seems he's set on those hard to find UM Swivels.

quote:
I already have Uncle Mikes push button QD 1" Swivels which i  shall be putting on the slings.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Arjun's Attorney, Douglas Chester

When your claim to fame as a lawyer is that you are a "Member of the Bar" . . . well you know that quality legal advice is just a phone call away.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Arjun's Attorney, Douglas Chester

Oh no you didn't! Is that real?!? "send lawyers, guns and money, cause the shit has hit the fan". Never seen that on the home page of an attorneys website but to be fair I haven't seen a lot. That's CLASSY!

No wonder Ray retained him. I noticed that Doug Chester Esquire specializes in "sex crimes" which is what the sheephunter/Ray fiasco falls under as It was obvious that the screwing that happened was not consensual Big Grin

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When your claim to fame as a lawyer is that ou are a "Member of the Bar" . . . well you know that quality legal advice is just a phone call away.

Or you could just email him at dbchester@aol.com

That is just too rich!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not realize that Doug Chester specializes in these until I saw his website...

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Fire Arms?

hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fire Arms?

hilbily

Yep! Fire Arms, two words, is obviously different than firearms one word Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
Arjun, if I were in your situation I would have someone local remove the threads from the ends of the sling, replace the swivels with the ones you want, and re-stitch it. I am sure it would be very inexpensive in your neck of the woods to have that done. Then I would chalk the whole incident up to simple miscommunication.

Unless ole Arjun can prove that the cow whose skin was used for the leather products died of natural causes he probably won't find many people willing to work on it

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here are some products Dick made for me out of my game skins. He also made me two rifle scabbards and a cartridge belt out of elephant hide from one of my hunts. The quality is second to none and will be here long after I am gone.

The reaction you are hearing is that your complaint is simply petty. And to suggest that you intend to take action over it is just ridiculous. You need to move from Delhi to California, you will fit right in out there and it will be easy for you to find a lawyer to take on your case. I am sure you have suffered some emotional distress, mental anguish, loss of companionship . . . . Perchance, do you buy coffee at McDonalds?

OH MY! OUCH! I'll find some of the leather we made.

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post
We made several of these.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Arjun, here is your problem, as I see it without judgement on the petty nature. First, you said you would install the swivels yourself. Then you just tell him to put on the Uncle Mike's swivels.

Did you even ask him if he carried Uncle Mike's swivels? None of the emails you posted above indicate that.

Even with a great product and Manufacturer, you can NOT dictate what accoutrements they carry, or will install. Bad form.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
While once in Zimbabwe I had the pleasure of spending some time with the Murray's. When Dick was going to ride up Lake Kariba to Chete' to hunt a hippo and no one had the correct cash for a license or something ($40) I gave him a couple of twenties and forgot about it.

Dick sent me a leather cartridge pouch when he got back to the States (and I promise you it was worth more than the little bit I gave him). I'd forgotten about it.... but he didn't. He and his wife are that kind of people.

If he needs a lawyer in the great Arjun v. Murray suit, he has a free one here! Reckon it will be on Court T.V. Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7594 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote