THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Met George Taulman of USO in the field this weekend....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Met George Taulman of USO in the field this weekend....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
...and he is a piece of garbage

I went on an Oryx hunt with a very good friend and his 15 year old daughter that had drawn the once in a lifetime tag this weekend. My buddy is hunting desert sheep with Larry Altimus this year so Larry had a man that guides for him meet us there as he knows the range really well. We went to the mandatory meeting on Saturday and when we left we drove quite a ways to get away from the masses.

Long story short, we get to the area where we want to glass and had been there for 5 minutes or so getting gear together and I start up to the ridge when another truck pulls in and parks right next to us. This particular ridge is 6-8 miles long or so and this guy parks next to us. I thought he just wanted to talk, surely nobody would go up to that knob is people were already there, there were hundreds of spots to park up there. Well, a door opens and a kid starts hightailing it to the knob I was walking towards. Who does this? Their guide gets out and says "Looks like yall have the same idea I did". When we are glassing the two groups are about 50 yards apart and we are glassing the same areas and their are two groups of Oryx and some singles down on the flat.

When the other guide came down to us I thought I recognized him but wasnt sure so I asked him his name. He said "George, whats yours?" Yep, George Taulman was the guy, I wasnt surprised even a little bit. He wanted to know our plan and we told him that the right thing to do is to wait for the Oryx to filter to us to get a shot. He told us he was bailing off the hill in front of us. No kidding, half million + acres and he decides to bail off the hill in front of a 15 year old girl. He said he was going after the group to the north. If their hadnt been a 15 year old girl there, a kid that a really admire, I probably would have become legendary in the west for doing what so many people have wanted to do for so long. I was PISSED! He said he was putting his spotter on the hill to the north and he bailed off.

We decided to make the most of it, we had driven a long way to get there so we stayed put and glassed the group to the south. If the group we were watching had not moved a couple hundred yards farther south George would have spooked them, he went right through where they were. Anyway, the group of Oryx start filtering our way and are coming up a draw that would leave her a 250 yard shot. We get the sticks out and are tucked into a little brush down off the skyline when the Oryx stare up our way and stop. No way they saw us, we couldnt figure out what was up until I looked 200 yards down the hill and to our right and saw Taulmans spotter running down the hill talking into his radio. I glass Taulman and he is now down on the flat looking back our way. I yell at the kid to stop and to get the F down, which he did, but it was too late, the Oryx laft the area.

Livid cannot describe what I was feeling. I thought I would see Taulman and his crew again but we never did and thats probably a good thing. The man is a lowlife piece of shit that would screw up a 15 year old girls hunt on a once in a lifetime tag. She got the last laugh but I wanted to relay this story to anybody that would ever consider booking a hunt with USO.

It turned out fine, she ended up killing the biggest Oryx we had seen on the hunt at 5:40pm on Sunday evening. With 20 minutes left in the hunt she killed a 38" bull that was the 2nd largest taken on the hunt. 79 hunters total and 53 Oryx killed and hers was #2!

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i understand you're restraint drum, but
not sure i could of handled it the same.
i hope i'm there the next time you see him!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taulman is a legend in his own mind.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows Taulman doesn't care too much about anyone but himself, yet he seems to get more than his share of press in industry mags. Why do you suppose that is true??

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
...and he is a piece of garbage

I went on an Oryx hunt with a very good friend and his 15 year old daughter that had drawn the once in a lifetime tag this weekend. My buddy is hunting desert sheep with Larry Altimus this year so Larry had a man that guides for him meet us there as he knows the range really well. We went to the mandatory meeting on Saturday and when we left we drove quite a ways to get away from the masses.

Long story short, we get to the area where we want to glass and had been there for 5 minutes or so getting gear together and I start up to the ridge when another truck pulls in and parks right next to us. This particular ridge is 6-8 miles long or so and this guy parks next to us. I thought he just wanted to talk, surely nobody would go up to that knob is people were already there, there were hundreds of spots to park up there. Well, a door opens and a kid starts hightailing it to the knob I was walking towards. Who does this? Their guide gets out and says "Looks like yall have the same idea I did". When we are glassing the two groups are about 50 yards apart and we are glassing the same areas and their are two groups of Oryx and some singles down on the flat.

When the other guide came down to us I thought I recognized him but wasnt sure so I asked him his name. He said "George, whats yours?" Yep, George Taulman was the guy, I wasnt surprised even a little bit. He wanted to know our plan and we told him that the right thing to do is to wait for the Oryx to filter to us to get a shot. He told us he was bailing off the hill in front of us. No kidding, half million + acres and he decides to bail off the hill in front of a 15 year old girl. He said he was going after the group to the north. If their hadnt been a 15 year old girl there, a kid that a really admire, I probably would have become legendary in the west for doing what so many people have wanted to do for so long. I was PISSED! He said he was putting his spotter on the hill to the north and he bailed off.

We decided to make the most of it, we had driven a long way to get there so we stayed put and glassed the group to the south. If the group we were watching had not moved a couple hundred yards farther south George would have spooked them, he went right through where they were. Anyway, the group of Oryx start filtering our way and are coming up a draw that would leave her a 250 yard shot. We get the sticks out and are tucked into a little brush down off the skyline when the Oryx stare up our way and stop. No way they saw us, we couldnt figure out what was up until I looked 200 yards down the hill and to our right and saw Taulmans spotter running down the hill talking into his radio. I glass Taulman and he is now down on the flat looking back our way. I yell at the kid to stop and to get the F down, which he did, but it was too late, the Oryx laft the area.

Livid cannot describe what I was feeling. I thought I would see Taulman and his crew again but we never did and thats probably a good thing. The man is a lowlife piece of shit that would screw up a 15 year old girls hunt on a once in a lifetime tag. She got the last laugh but I wanted to relay this story to anybody that would ever consider booking a hunt with USO.

It turned out fine, she ended up killing the biggest Oryx we had seen on the hunt at 5:40pm on Sunday evening. With 20 minutes left in the hunt she killed a 38" bull that was the 2nd largest taken on the hunt. 79 hunters total and 53 Oryx killed and hers was #2!

Good for her!!!! This is only a fraction of the stunts they have pulled over the years.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a very, very, very, lengthy discussion regarding him a few years ago when was trying to circumvent states rights. Needless to say, he lost.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drummond, I'm disapointed!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I was hopin' to hear the story of an azz whuppin back at the trucks!
You probably did the right thing, the prick would have sicked a posse of attornies on you and cried like a little girl, seeking punitive damages and disability.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Everyone knows Taulman doesn't care too much about anyone but himself, yet he seems to get more than his share of press in industry mags. Why do you suppose that is true??

maybe because he gives free hunts to outdoor writers? just a thought.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13440 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you were, but in Kansas and I believe most other states, it is illegal to use radios to provide locations of animals being hunted.

From Kansas regs "It is illegal to locate or give information concerning the location of game animals by radio or other mechanical means, except for coyotes,..."

I would have turned him in in a heartbeat.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by larrys:
I don't know where you were, but in Kansas and I believe most other states, it is illegal to use radios to provide locations of animals being hunted.

From Kansas regs "It is illegal to locate or give information concerning the location of game animals by radio or other mechanical means, except for coyotes,..."

Bingo, same here in Montana.

Just think'in, maybe a quick call to the warden (and the base) would be in order?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:

Bingo, same here in Montana.

Just think'in, maybe a quick call to the warden (and the base) would be in order?

Probably had cell service from the truck, too...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that 15 year olds was my little brothers, I would have showed my brother the 'proper' way to whoop someones ass... You know, a life lesson. Georgr Taulman or not... (but especially any POS from USO)

Posts: 127 | Location: Marana/Tucson, Az | Registered: 21 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a dick. Sounds like George Taulman needs a blanket party. pissers

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
An arsehole of the highest degree.