killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they
care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw
next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like
the French in that way."

Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
what an excellant answer!!!.................

one of us
posted Hide Post
animal animal animal clap clap clap jumping

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta Love Uncle Ted

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Got to love the Nuge.... Even if he is a friend of Zumbo.....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
salute

Posts: 321 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If given the choce I'd much rather hunt with Jim than Ted. Eeker Flame away.....

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Ted shoots a bow, Jim Dumbo shoots his mouth.

"The beast is dead long live the beast."

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry but shooting elk over corn on the Y.O. Ranch doesn't give me wood. But more power to you and yours.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tedley's ten digits of doom still play a mean guitar. His mouth, though often on full automatic, still manages to hit the sweet spot.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would hunt with Ted anyday. And I would damn sure shoot an elk over corn, no difference than all the bear hunting done over bait.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've hunted with ted before and he really isn't the flamboyant character that you see on TV. he is quite personable and very caring. His family is his #1 concern, but if there are kids around he's looking for a box to stand up on and give them an anti drug speech, and they listen. after a couple weeks in the bush you can tell he's getting a bit anxious for the attention he garners, but he is an enjoyable hunting companion

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
This is a column I did on Nugent. -TONY

Copyright 1995 by Tony Mandile

THE MOTOR CITY MADMAN

The stage was set -- literally.

A few friends and I had just sat through more than hour of throbbing rock music put forth by the English group known as Bad Company. For an old dude like me with a taste for Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston, sitting there on the grass of the Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix and listening to hard rock amounted to an anomaly. In this case, my real motive for bearing it had little to do with the music.

The stage curtains had been closed for 15 minutes or so after Bad Company's performance. Now the only sound was the combined buzz from several thousand spectators melting into one indistinguishable voice. I could handle the noise from the murmuring crowd quite easily because it didn't vibrate my insides and produce a decibel level to push the needle off the scale. The welcome change from Bad Company suddenly ended, though.

The huge speakers came alive again with the raucous beat of drums and high-pitch twangs of electric guitars. As the curtains parted, a stage filled with smoke appeared amid banks of multi- colored, rapidly blinking spotlights. The rising, ever shifting smoke, tinted by multi-colored lights, provided a constantly changing surrealistic scene. Then from the stage's dark recesses sprang the man known as the Motor City Madman.

The Madman's long hair, reaching well below his wide shoulders, bounced around to the beat of his body contortions. The din from the amplified drums and guitars grew louder and louder now, though not quite loud enough to drown out the welcoming cheers from the crowd when it recognized the words of Cat Scratch Fever, the Madman's trademark song. Minutes later, Ted Nugent stepped to the microphone, and in a rapidly paced, jivey way, told everyone how glad he was to be with his bloodbrothers.

I sat mesmerized, knowing I had just witnessed a metamorphosis of sort -- a Clark Kent trip into a phone booth, so to speak.

Two hours earlier, I had spent a 1/2-hr. talking one-on-one to the 46-yr.-old Nugent in the quiet of his dressing room. He wore jeans, a sleeveless camo shirt and a camo baseball hat. His long, flowing hair, confined into a ponytail by a rubber band, remained relatively still as we discussed hunting, the animal-rights crowd and the battle to save our 2nd Amendment rights. In fact, the chat with Nugent seemed no different than one I would have with my next-door neighbor. But now, as I watched the transformation from hunter, father and outspoken critic of those who endanger America's hunting and shooting traditions, I got the feeling I was seeing someone else. I visited Nugent after the show and mentioned my astonishment at how easily he could switch personalities.

Nugent laughed. "It's like a welder who comes home, takes a shower and puts on a suit and tie. He's no longer a welder once he punches out from his job and dresses in a different costume. When I'm on stage, I'm a rock star -- the Motor City Madman, if you will."

Although Nugent can adopt the persona of two different people, his view of life is always the same. Most importantly, he eschews the misuse of drugs and booze. It's a potent message coming from a rocker who has been in the business for 30 years. He also has a devout love for the outdoors and a well-honed understanding of wildlife and the environment. Most importantly, Nugent defends hunting and firearms with a zeal few can match. He isn't afraid to make his views known, regardless of his audience and whether it agrees with him or not.

I asked Nugent if he didn't often let this enthusiasm go too far, especially when it comes to some of his most outrageous comments or his dialogue that's often laced with four-letter words.

"There's a reason for it. When I'm outrageous and crass, it creates controversy, and that controversy focuses attention on me. In the last two days, I've been interviewed on six radio and two TV stations in LA and here. You don't see the NRA or hunting organizations getting that kind of airtime. Yet in every case, I was able to get the word out. No matter what words I use, though, no one can ever accuse me of speaking an untruth and not saying something from the heart, stuff I truly believe in. The important thing is people hear what I have to say. And as Ted Nugent, the rocker, I reach an audience that no one else can -- the youth of this country. To do that, I need to speak their language.

"When I defend hunting, I do it because I know it's a wholesome activity. When I speak against the animal-rights whackos, I do it because their beliefs are garbage and have no factual basis in reality. They are the extreme fringe. No free-thinking, intelligent person should accept what they say without researching the facts for themselves," explained Nugent.

Nugent gets his word out in other ways, too. Several years ago he formed Ted Nugent's World Bowhunters (soon to be Ted Nugent's American Bloodbrothers). Along with his lovely wife, Shemane, he publishes Ted Nugent Adventure Outdoors, a full-color, straight-hitting magazine. But one of the efforts Nugent is more proud of than anything is his Kamp For Kids program.

Held twice each summer, the "Kamp" is aimed at getting kids off the streets and into the woods. As Nugent puts it, "We want to get them where they belong. The main emphasis is to teach kids about the environment and bowhunting. In doing this, we hope to protect the future of both bowhunting and the youth of America. "

Nugent's admiration for the legendary bowhunter Fred Bear is hard not to notice. After Bear's death, Nugent wrote the song, "Fred Bear." He now refers to it as the American Hunter's Theme Song. Though it rocks and rolls like most of the Motor City Madman's music, the message it conveys is pure and unadulterated; Nugent thought much of the man and what he stood for. And when Nugent changes from the camo of a bowhunter to the gaudy trappings of the rock start and sings "Fred Bear" on-stage, the audience still gets that message loud and clear. And the Madman's Spirit of the Wild is alive.

Of course, some of us older folks just wish it wasn't quite so loud.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
couple of the humerous sides of ted - like the time he went out and bought new remmy 1100's and gave them to his band members for christmas - Gee thanks ted they say with this far out look in the eyes like "what the hell is this and what do I do with it" or the bloody cards he'd send to friends, things like having his brother dress up in a santa suit, posed running down the street, with a stuffed deef on the ground, an arrow in its side and ted with one foot on the deer and one on the ground getting a sight picture on the running santa, or for easter having his brother dress up like the easter bunny, laying on the ground with eggs scatter all over the front lawn and ted with one foot on his sotmach holding his bow high in the air. these of course were only sent to his friends and not for public view, but the guy has a sense of humor a mile long.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they
care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw
next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like
the French in that way."

I think this is a hilarious thing to come up with off the cuff. I also think it was unnecessary to insult an entire peoples like that. One small part of the reason why American standing is taking such a beating on the world stage. The comment smacks of A-hole.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:
For an old dude like me with a taste for Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston,

My hat's off to you. It takes stones to make an admission like that publicly! Smiler wave

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:
For an old dude like me with a taste for Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston,

My hat's off to you. It takes stones to make an admission like that publicly! Smiler wave

I don't know if you mean if good or bad, but cosmetics wise there is nothing wrong with Whitney Houston.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Well ya just gotta love Ted salute and his ways stir beer

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't hurt if a few more Americans spoke their minds with out worrying what the rest thinks. As I recall it's one of the freedoms we enjoy.

DGK

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ted says it as it is. Many folks don't like it, but he speaks the truth...more folks need to pay attention.

Atleast Ted has the balls to speak publically about what we all think...

MG

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
First concert I ever saw was Nuge. What a hoot!

Dunno if there is any truth to it or not but Ted used to be my friends favorite rocker for years, then one day he told me that he heard that the man used to foster young girls for dubious reasons. He wont listen to Nugent anymore. Apparently wherever my friend heard this, he believes it. Not sure myself.

Anyway, if there is any truth to it Im not so sure he would make such a good NRA spokesman. Talk about ammo for the lefties.. Eeker But knowing the liberals they probably started the rumors in the first place.

He does have a way of getting his point across though.. I listened to him blast an anti gun guy on talk radio a week or so ago, too damn funny..

Posts: 10138 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dunno if there is any truth to it or not but Ted used to be my friends favorite rocker for years, then one day he told me that he heard that the man used to foster young girls for dubious reasons. He wont listen to Nugent anymore. Apparently wherever my friend heard this, he believes it. Not sure myself.

Anyway, if there is any truth to it Im not so sure he would make such a good NRA spokesman.

Unless you have irrefutable proof, this type of statement is unconscionable.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with JB on this one. Statements like that is pure BS unless backed up with irrefutable evidence. thumbdown

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
quote:
It wouldn't hurt if a few more Americans spoke their minds with out worrying what the rest thinks. As I recall it's one of the freedoms we enjoy.

That post says it all for me!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
He used to call a local radio show back home in Nebraska every once in awhile. He was also known to be at the local indoor range when his band was in town.

I like Ted. Granted, he is nuts.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Hey were are all a little nuts

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the one where he is being interviewed by some person that keeps harping on the animal's rights. Finally he says, "If I hear animal, and rights in the same sentence again I am going to shoot 20 of something." Good hunting

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote