New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington Draws are in!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Checked the computer today and the draw results are in. Smiler All I can say is "Thank you God." thumb I got my hands on 1 of 15 Mountain Goat tags for the State. Season is from Sept 15- Oct 31. I still have alittle over 4 weeks vac, so I think I'll try to get in shape now. I'm so happy right now I can't even explain it. Wish me luck and say a prayer. Good luck to everyone else on thier draws.

Posts: 132 | Location: Anacortes WA | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.
What rifle are you going to use?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to take my ruger 77 tang saftey in 338-06. I'm shooting 185gr triple-shocks in it right now right at 3000fps and they are super accurate. Can't wait.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad someone is pulling tags! Congrats and good luck! Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go! What unit did you draw? I got zip on everything bawling

Posts: 71 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 22 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
3-10, Blazed Ridge. I'll be alot happier when I have the tag in my hand. Four or five years ago I looked up on the Montana web site checking draw results and was so happy to see my friend and I drew antelope tags, only to find out three weeks later there was a "Computer error" Anyway thanks and sorry you didn't draw anything. I would have never thought I would ever draw a goat tag. I've thought long and hard about going to Alaska for goat, but could never justify spending the money with two kids and a wife at home. Thanks again.

One of Us
Picture of Magnum61
posted Hide Post
Congratulations beer

Hunt like it's your last because filling that tag is worth gallons of sweat! thumb

-Everybody has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose.-

-The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms and a baked potato-

Posts: 277 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 08 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TonyK, Good luck on your goat hunt. I didn't draw any tags this year but drew a branched bull elk tag last year and shot a big 5x6 bull. I drew a goat tag in 92 and shot a 9 1/4 goat in the snoqualmie pass area and helped a friend get a goat in the goat rocks area. Where is the blazed ridge area and is it near the pass? Plan to scout a lot before the hunt if your serious about killing one.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Donato,
The Blazed Ridge unit is unit 3-10. It starts at Lake Easton west to the Pacific Creast trail,south to the little naches river, east to the yakima river, north to Interstate 90 then west along 90 back to lake easton. This a life long dream of mine and I am going to put as much time and energy is this hunt as it takes to get a mature billy. I still can't believe I drew this tag! Anyway sorry to here about you not drawing anything this year, but it's nice to here you got a bull last year!! Thanks again and good luck this year hunting. Be safe!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew a cow tag in the Blues in SE Wash. It is for out side the N.F., so hopefully access wont be a problem.

Posts: 46 | Location: Colfax WA | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
My brother and I drew a cow elk/muzzleloader tag and a modern rifle doe tag.

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote