I say Metallica.

Posts: 552 | Location: France | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Hooligan>
posted
fair call

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Put me down for either AC/DC or Motorhead.

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<magnarps>
posted
Nirvana.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Metallica is fine, my personal fave over the years has got to be Rush. I have heard their music is known as "the thinking man's rock". I agree.

Posts: 323 | Location: Keithville, La. USA | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When it comes to hard rock I don�t think any band can match Aerosmith�s long-term popularity or commercial success.

------------------
Howard
Moses Lake WA
hhomes@homesley.com

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh c'mon, it's gotta be the one, the only, THE WHO!

Tim

Posts: 149 | Location: Nebraska USA | Registered: 22 February 2002Reply With Quote
<500 AHR>
posted
That stuff not music! My vote is for air supply.

Todd E

one of us
posted Hide Post
AC/DC with Who a very close second!!!

Posts: 302 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 21 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howard,
I would rank The Who and The Rolling Stones ahead of Aerosmith on your scale. As for the all time greatest rock band? Nirvana? Metallica? Amatuers. The only right answer is Led Zepplin.

Jeff

------------------
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THE BAND. Check out the movie "The Last Waltz" due out on DVD this May.

------------------
"The Constitution of the United States shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skibum:
Howard,
I would rank The Who and The Rolling Stones ahead of Aerosmith on your scale. As for the all time greatest rock band? Nirvana? Metallica? Amatuers. The only right answer is Led Zepplin.

Jeff

Ditto on the LZ

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Wapi-T>
posted
SKYNARD!!!

<ovis>
posted
Stones and the Who.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta go with . . .

1) AD/DC
2) Led Zeppelin
3) Rolling Stones
4) Van Halen (just for 80's nostalgia)

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have to consider Black Sabboth/Ozzie in there.

Posts: 61 | Location: Ontario Canada | Registered: 16 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Like rifle cartridges, the have been lots of great bands over the years. And like the 30-06, there is one band that stands above them all: The Rolling Stones.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
The Bay City Rollers!! Ooops, did I say that out loud?

I mean't:
1. Pink Floyd
2. Bruce Springsteen
3. Jimi Hendrix

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pink Floyd! I think that they still have the number one selling rock album of all time.

The Who is a close second, Aerosmith, AC/DC, LZ, Skynyrd, Rush tied for third.

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
As a product of the 80's and still a headbanger at heart, I have to go with Metallica too.

I love all music too much to really feel happy about having one fave though. All the suggestions so far are great bands (excluding Air Supply and Bay City Rollers )

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Metallica Rules and all else Drool

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Fat Bastard>
posted
No rock band can truly be great unless one of its members is dead.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are all wrong..My vote goes to the only rock star that has his own hunting show on tuesday nights...High up in the NRA and a out spoken defender of our cause..

Ted's The Man

After all this is the "BIG GAME" conferance isn't it ??

"And the buck was mine forevermore"

Posts: 49 | Location: Brownsville Oregon | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
The Ramones...they never experimented with electronic music, just balls to the wall rock'n'roll...

For longevity wiht integrity, DOA wins...

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Brittany Spears.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
One other side note about Metallica (since Ted was mentioned)....their lead singer James Hetfield is an avid hunter, and publicly supports gun ownership and hunting. Not to the extreme that Ted does of course, but it is nice to know he ain't an anti, like god only knows how many other entertainers!

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DD I'm going to back you up, Motorhead certainly deserves the credit, but I'm also going to along with Ozzie/Black Sabbath, The Ramones, and Nugent.

------------------
When in doubt, do a nuclear strike.

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
I listen to almost every thing but if it has to be a rock band, it'll be Three Doors Down or something.

"Britney Spears"

That's what I'M talking about!

Not sure if that's rock though. Is pop and rock the same?

(sigh)So glad she broke up with that N'Sync queer....I can now commence on stalking!!

Hahaha (coughs) ha....ha...ha

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
Moody Blues!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool Guy,
You needn't bother stalking Britney, I am way ahead of you in line. I was stalking her long before she dumped Justin.
Nothing sounds better to me than taking ol' Britney hunting in Zimbabwe for a couple of weeks. Tough to hunt when you haven't been getting enough sleep though!

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnTheGreek:
Cool Guy,
You needn't bother stalking Britney, I am way ahead of you in line. I was stalking her long before she dumped Justin.
Nothing sounds better to me than taking ol' Britney hunting in Zimbabwe for a couple of weeks. Tough to hunt when you haven't been getting enough sleep though!

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that I screwed up this badly! My first response was a vote for The Who, but to my eternal shame I completely forgot about the greatest of the great Brit bands.

How many monster albums did this band produce over the years? Who doesn't have "Shark Sandwich" or "Intravenous DeMilo" in their collection? And has there ever been an album quite like "Break Like the Wind?"

Yes, I can only be talking about the often imitated but never duplicated,

SPINAL TAP!!!!!!!!!

Tim

------------------
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

Posts: 149 | Location: Nebraska USA | Registered: 22 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN AND DOUBLE TROUBLE

Yes I know I shouted!

------------------
RC

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Like rifle cartridges, the have been lots of great bands over the years. And like the 30-06, there is one band that stands above them all: The Rolling Stones.

Yep. That's right. And the greatest movie about rock music ever made is the Maysles Brothers' and Charlotte Zwerin's Gimme Shelter.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
<T/Jazz>
posted
Bands OK, here goes my picks.

The Greatfull Dead

Rolling Stones

Junior Walker & The All Stars

Bruce Springsteen

Jimmy Hendrix

Beetles

<ultramag>
posted
Can you say AC/DC? No band has spanned time and generation gaps like AC/DC.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The origanal Allman Brothers Band,from when Brother Duane was still alive.This was pre-"Rambling Man",when they were a pedal to the metal rock band.Their epic live album,Live At Fillmore East,has such fantastic guitar playing on it by Duane Allman and Dickey Betts,one wonders why they never surpassed Jimi Hendrix in popularity.

Ok,my pics are-
1)The Allman Brothers Band
2)Derek&The Dominos (Clapton and Duane Allman)
3)Cream

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
Metallica. Or Maiden. Wait a minute...Sabbath of course! Or, I mean, uhmm, I dunno...

Rush perhaps? Dream Theatre?

LOTS of great bands out there...

-- Mats

one of us
posted Hide Post
Adding a new twist...

"Ace of spades" by MoterHead
"Cat scratch fever" by Ted Nugent
"Talk dirty to me" by Poison
"Panama" by Van Halen
"You shook me all night long" by AC/DC
"Slipping away" by Dokken (my favorite 80's band)
"Love hurts" by Nazereth
"Metal health" by Quiet Riot
"Crazy train" by Ozzie Osbourne

And plenty of other 80's hard rock/heavy metal ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The greatest has to be the Rolling Stones

But my favorites are:

Blue Oyster Cult
Frank Zappa
U2 - why's no-one mentioned them yet?

Cheers

pete

------------------
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers on the bus he was driving...

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote