Tools

Score these mulies
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/caribouhunter/bart.jpg
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/caribouhunter/freindly.jpg
These are live free ranging Wyoming deer.

Here's wishing you all the abilty to give everything you wish to at this Christmas season.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Big and bigger! Nice bucks, something anyone would enjoy seeing on a hunt.

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
<George Hoffman>
posted
I would guess the first one to be in the 175 area, and the second around 185-190 I have one I took some years ago that grossed 206 but with deducts neted 195 plus. Good deer all.

[ 12-21-2002, 03:35: Message edited by: George Hoffman ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd say the first one is roughly 75 per side with almost a 24" inside spread.. so mid 170s gross, with little deduct.

I'd guess the second one at roughly the same size (but 20" spread) with a bit more deduct, 170ish gross, in the 160s net.

Nice bucks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
nice job superimposing the deer into the background. as you can see in the second picture that the deer in the background is still in the velvet.

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd say about 170 gross for the first one and about 190 gross for the second one.

Of course,the deer are still alive so we'll never really know what they score,unless you luckily found their sheds.

Brian.

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The deer in the first picture should gross right close to 175. I'd agree with Greenhorn, roughly 75" per side. I'm also thinkin' 24" spread, with fair mass. A purty buck.

Deer #2 is a bit harder to judge, but I'm guessing a best 70" per side, but a bit shy of a 20" spread. This guy would be lucky to make 170. Not so purty a buck.

Posts: 192 | Location: Mills County, Ioway | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Mainer1234 the pictures are just as they were shot.Yes the deer in the back is in velvet,but
that is just as they were when I shot the picture
on Sept 30th this year.And as I said they are
free ranging deer on a huge ranch in WY.The owner
kills only 1 per year.In all we saw 4 bucks in this class.The 2 other big ones were on a hill too
far to take pics of.They also were big deer.I have
another pic of these two together in the same frame with the same velvet deer.
Could not kill them as we only had speed goat tags
and they only take 1 per year,but...It was fun to
watch these deer.The second buck was the dominant
buck and he would push the first around at will.
The first buck bowed down to him.But out of the
2 I would have shot the first buck.
Jeff

[ 12-21-2002, 18:26: Message edited by: JeffP ]

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
what i am saying is that one deer isnt goin to be in velvet and the other totally out! and look how perfectly that deer is set in the background.... was this with a motion camera or were you personally taking the picture this close?

Posts: 1362 | Location: Madison ,NH, usa | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Shot the pics with a 35mm camera @ 20-30 yards or so away.The deer were milling and yardage varied.
But the pics are original.
Jeff